Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson

Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC East Rookie QB are you most worried about? (State reasoning)

• Mac Jones
    • Zach Wilson
    • Neither. Both will bust.

2 minutes ago, P Riv said:

I'm not sure who to be more worried about in terms of personal welfare.  Wilson is in the media center of the globe under a microscope and Jones is going to enter a QB room with a true diva in a Marvel comics superhero body with huge personality to match.  Newton may not be able to throw any more, but he's still a former NFL MVP, led his team to the SB, looks like a Greek god, etc.  Look at Jones without a shirt on and then Cam.... lol

The most effective QB on their team might turn out to be Stidham, who will be traded at some point.  

Jones played on a team full of superstars for arguably the best college coach in history, and is going to play for a perennial champion coached by arguably the greatest coach in NFL history.  I think he'll probably be ok, and I fully expect Cam will be a good teammate

20 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Don't need a 40 time when you can walk on water. 😉

Actually, you do, and I don't think it's good enough. 5.04 even with a stiff ocean breeze at his back would be my guess.

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m excited to have another thread to post these in 

Christ. That's just ... vanity. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Yea I don't even know how much stake you should even put in what these QBs did, or played with in college. Aaron Rodgers was  drafted No. 24 and played for Cal. How that work out?

Rodgers was groomed in a good situation.  Zach wilson is getting thrown to the wolves on a team with holes all over the place that couldve hit home runs at a ton of other positions with the number 2 overall pick.  We did something similar with Josh I feel like but Josh works so hard on his game in the offseason and I just dont get that same vibe from Wilson.  Thats based on nothing though so maybe he'll prove me wrong lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

20 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

Jones played on a team full of superstars for arguably the best college coach in history, and is going to play for a perennial champion coached by arguably the greatest coach in NFL history.  I think he'll probably be ok, and I fully expect Cam will be a good teammate

I get the vibe that belichick really wanted fields and is probably disappointed.  Cam as a bridge qb to Mac Jones just doesn't make sense to me they are polar opposites 

• Like (+1) 1

IMO Mac Jones starts from day 1(consider that Cam is the alternative), and leads the Pats to a wildcard spot in year 1.

...and I think Lance has the biggest bust potential of the 5 QB's selected last night.

Edited by BTB

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Actually, you do, and I don't think it's good enough. 5.04 even with a stiff ocean breeze at his back would be my guess.

Christ. That's just ... vanity. 

for a QB.....their 40 time is the least thing scouts are looking at.  (that's not me being pro Jones..) Just that doesn't matter as much. 

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Rodgers was groomed in a good situation.  Zach wilson is getting thrown to the wolves on a team with holes all over the place that couldve hit home runs at a ton of other positions with the number 2 overall pick.  We did something similar with Josh I feel like but Josh works so hard on his game in the offseason and I just dont get that same vibe from Wilson.  Thats based on nothing though so maybe he'll prove me wrong lol

Yea but you never know. P.Manning threw 28 ints as a rookie being thrown to the wolves as well.  As they say "Pressure bust pipes..."

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

Mac Jones was the one guy i didnt want going to the Patriots.  Time will tell I guess but whatever he's lacking in athleticism he makes up for in accuracy and good decision making.  Sound like anyone we know?  He has some big shoes to fill but my hot take is that he'll probably be considered the #2 QB from this draft in 5 years

This is how I feel. Joe Burrow also had an explosive offense in college on a powerhouse SEC loaded w/ talent and he's coming along great. I think MJ will at the least be a very good game-manager w/ the ability to win you games on his own once in awhile.

Tua, Hurts, McCarron < Mac Jones

As a pure fan of football, I think this is very intriguing and it's good to know your enemy. I'm genuinely interested to see how this all plays out. 

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Alabama doesn't actually play a cupcake schedule. I expect Jones will be good. 

I fully agree. Athleticism is nice, but it's not as if has a bad arm. It's certainly good enough, and he can make all the throws.  This isn't Christian Ponder we're talking about. I feel like that's the unstated comp here and it's just wrong. 

Exactly. The SEC produces more NFL talent than every other division. We can make that same argument against Trevor Lawrence or Joe Burrow. Some Bills fans are getting a little too cocky. It's still Bellichick and it's still the Patriots. We won the division for the 1st time in 25 years. This year it's going to be a bit harder to take the crown. The Jets have no where to go but up and the same goes w/ the Patriots. I have no doubt in my mind that both teams will be much improved from last year and a big part of that will be of these QBs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, BTB said:

IMO Mac Jones starts from day 1(consider that Cam is the alternative), and leads the Pats to a wildcard spot in year 1.

...and I think Lance has the biggest bust potential of the 5 QB's selected last night.

Zach Wilson also has to start day 1, no alternative there.

15 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I get the vibe that belichick really wanted fields and is probably disappointed.  Cam as a bridge qb to Mac Jones just doesn't make sense to me they are polar opposites 

Why even bother playing cam? He sucked last year and they just drafted a QB very high. It makes no sense unless they are actively trying to not win 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

for a QB.....their 40 time is the least thing scouts are looking at.  (that's not me being pro Jones..) Just that doesn't matter as much. 

Yea but you never know. P.Manning threw 28 ints as a rookie being thrown to the wolves as well.  As they say "Pressure bust pipes..."

I was kidding! I think Jones will be good.