Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson

Mac Jones vs Zach Wilson  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Which AFC East Rookie QB are you most worried about? (State reasoning)

• Mac Jones
    • Zach Wilson
    • Neither. Both will bust.

Jones was one of my under-the-radar QB prospects this year. With the Saban-Bellichick connection, I'm sure he has the full scoop of what he can do. Jones is prototypical size and can make every throw, therefore he will be able to open up the Patriots offense.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

I’m not worried about either.  Wilson is playing for the Jets, therefore, unlikely to succeed at a high level.  Jones may be fine, but there’s nothing about him that strikes fear into anyone.  Wilson has pretty elite arm, but hasn’t faced real competition and is going to, let’s say it again, the Jets. 

• Agree 1

I went with Jones. As much as I hate the pats, I know BB is a heck of a coach.

We don't know anything about how good the jets will be. They could whiff on the majority of their picks, and everything they accumulated would be pointless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't like Jones or Wilson. I am a Fields/Lance guy. I would have been very upset if the Pats wound up with Fields. I think Jones will probably have the better career when compared to Wilson, but he's going to have to be surrounded by a ton of talent to succeed. IMO he isn't better than Cam, and he likely never will be. To me, Jones is Matt Cassell/Andy Dalton level starter. I think he can definitely be successful, but he doesn't scare me. Maybe a Sam Bradford type ceiling. 

Wilson is not better than Darnold. I think he will get crushed and overwhelmed early in New York. I think it is a bad spot for that kid. Again, he doesn't scare me, but he could also wind up being a dynamic game breaking player. If they throw him in there right away, I think he gets ruined, quick. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

I will say you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take and each team took a shot.

I think Jones has the least shot to bust, but also the least upside of the 2.  I think he reads and anticipates well, but he also was on basically an All Star team and he is going to a mediocre team especially in terms of offensive talent.

Wilson has more upside, but higher bust potential.  I think Kiper was 100% correct with Wilson coming out was not even as good as Darnold coming out and the Jets should of stayed with Darnold.  I think the transition to NYC will be interesting of a Mormon Boy from Utah.  He will not be the party guy, but I am not sure he will “fit in” with the rest of the teammates like he did at BYU.

In the end - I picked both “bust” although more accurately - I think both play, but neither excels and neither becomes a star.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wilson creeps me out, he's like something from a teen Disney romcom and I'd bet my bank account he waxes his legs and bikini line. 

Saying that, he's gifted and though I'd like to laugh at the Jets, they were doing the same thing when we drafted Allen. With the right coaching and the right environment you never know what might happen. Of course it would be hilarious to see him fail so I can see the crying on gang green