Cynthia Freund: Day's Five Top Value Picks includes Rousseau

56 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

So we're already hating on him? I thought it was a great pick.

I'm getting flashbacks of Aaron Maybin. The picks have a lot of similarities. I wish there was more tape of him. Regardless, 15+ sacks in the ACC is an impressive feat. I have faith that Beane knows what he's doing. This D Line is formidable.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

People are likely hating on the level of defensive investment after a mediocre year on that side of the ball.  

If Addison isn’t on this team, I think Rousseau is mostly lauded as a great pick.   

I love Beane/McDermott but the amount of investment on the defensive side of the ball (especially given the return last year) is starting to wear on some. 

Beane said before the draft he was looking at the future as well as now with his picks.  The pick was good for where it was made and what they need.  Addison is not long for the roster.  Hughes might not be either. 

The problem is the message board GMs had their hearts set on other players.   Is what it is.

24 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I'm getting flashbacks of Aaron Maybin. The picks have a lot of similarities. I wish there was more tape of him. Regardless, 15+ sacks in the ACC is an impressive feat. I have faith that Beane knows what he's doing. This D Line is formidable.

He’s much bigger, taller and more versatile than Maybin was.

5 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Beane said before the draft he was looking at the future as well as now with his picks.  The pick was good for where it was made and what they need.  Addison is not long for the roster.  Hughes might not be either. 

The problem is the message board GMs had their hearts set on other players.   Is what it is.

He’s much bigger, taller and more versatile than Maybin was.

In fairness, people also took issue with the future vision of the pick when he said that.  

The more I research Rousseau the more I love this pick. This guy is a specimen, still very young and a high character kid. He’s versatility is very impressive and I can for sure see him playing a t 6’7 280.

id love to see this front on passing downs

Hughes - Oliver - Rousseau - Epanesa 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

In fairness, people also took issue with the future vision of the pick when he said that.  

Right.  Problem is, at that point in this specific draft, that was going to be the majority of what was available.  Comes down to flavor preference.

Sure, invest where it’s needed, but KC exposed our offense and instead of doing what they did when exposed by Tampa Bay.. so far.. we’ve decided continuity and development is the answer.   Maybe it is. Maybe we draft some offense tonight and people like me will shut up about it.  

Exposed our offense by holding our broken WRs on just about every damn play. That and punching our lineman. 

I didn’t sign Addison last year.  I didn’t draft a bunch of high picks in the Front 7.  

It’s ok to hold a really good FO accountable in an area they haven’t been that good.   

They’ve been elite almost everywhere else.

Sure, invest where it’s needed, but KC exposed our offense and instead of doing what they did when exposed by Tampa Bay.. so far.. we’ve decided continuity and development is the answer.   Maybe it is. Maybe we draft some offense tonight and people like me will shut up about it.  

KC exposed our play calling.  We needed to mix run with the pass more, especially with the way our WRs were being mugged.  I hope next season to see a little more R and a little less P during our RPO plays.

I think they’ve done a great job overall.  

Simply frustrated by the need to go defense after investing so much into that side of the ball already.  

Constant drive to improve an area that needs  improvement, let’s call it CI, or see eye, 👍

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

What are his hands like though? Nice thought but I just don’t see it.

Who cares aboutis hands? Defense gets confused by two TE set with Rousseau split out wide, everyone blocks and Josh runs it in for TD.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

I think they’ve done a great job overall.  

Simply frustrated by the need to go defense after investing so much into that side of the ball already.  

Pretty sure they are going to continue to invest in both sides of the ball every year for the rest of time.

It's not a job that is ever done. You keep building and retooling every year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

Lol no way he's worth 0.65 WAR.  WAR in football is a dumb thought experiment, and if your formula is spitting out project first rounders as contributing to maybe 10% of the team's wins, your formula sucks.

If the guy he is replacing is Trent Murphy does your argument still ring true?

Besides she is Hot and Smart so I will Billieve anything she says ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GreggTX said:

So we're already hating on him? I thought it was a great pick.

I think they're more hating on Cynthia Freland, but that could just be me

3 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Agreed.  Especially coupled with some of the offensive talent we could of selected. 

So what difference-making offensive talent was there at #30 that you would have preferred we select?

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Is dinner ready ?

Here ya go, Sport!

image.thumb.png.bde6f768249e1774bb6a4cb5b62ecafc.png