The Bills defensive line -- features FIVE first rounders now

4 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Beane said at the pre-draft luncheon that they're looking at this draft for the long term, and these picks fit that.  I'm not going to bank on either DE coming in and giving them 15 sacks.  They're likely not going to provide the margin in key games either, but who knows.  

Still, last year they had enough offense to out-score plenty of teams.  But everyone's getting better and Buffalo's gotta stay ahead of them as their scheme is more well understood. We'll see if what they've done and how much Josh improves is enough to keep the advantage.  

Long term doesn’t mean they can’t be key contributors right away.

And yes, it’s unreasonable to expect any of these DE’s to be right up there with the rookie sack record.

11 hours ago, Utah John said:

Smaller, quicker (except for Star) is fine until it's not.  We need more beef.

I've said this over and over. They bet on smaller, quicker, penetrating lineman and then the league decided they were gonna stop calling most holding penalties which disproportionately affects that style of player. Not much they could do at that point. 

16 hours ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Absolutely, correct about Rodgers having a right to be miffed about a replacement being drafted (most players would be), and them scrapping the bottom of the barrel in FA for WRs…. which is what happens when your 38y/o QB has a $40MM cap hit while you’re paying market value to an all pro LT and and all pro edge rusher. If Rodgers wants Brady toys he might want to take Brady money so it’s a viable option. To be blunt, they’ve already catered to Rodgers by giving him a new head coach, new GM, and a new contract while all the “disappointing defensive drafts” were happening. If you rewind to 6-7 years ago he was complaining about the defense…. They fired Dom Capers, brought in Pettine, and focused on bolstering the defensive talent. The packers board is probably sick of his *****, which is a likely reason for them OK’ing the Love pick. He comes across as one of those folks who complains that the soups cold, sends it back, then complains because the soups too hot. 

Pats have tried with Brady.  It failed but they took swings most recent Harry.  I dont think Rodgers is all of a sudden being unreasonable.  They wont extend him, they wont add around him.  The writing is on the wall.  The offense is unchanged for 2 years now.  Think what the Bills have done over that time offensively.  

10 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Pats have tried with Brady.  It failed but they took swings most recent Harry.  I dont think Rodgers is all of a sudden being unreasonable.  They wont extend him, they wont add around him.  The writing is on the wall.  The offense is unchanged for 2 years now.  Think what the Bills have done over that time offensively.  

We’re likely at an impasse. I just don’t fundamentally believe that a team needs to go out of its way to make changes to the #1 scoring offense in the league. Particularly when they have a below average run defense and a hole at CB. The later of which (King getting roasted like a flaming marshmallow) was a large part of them losing the NFCCG.