2 - it ends with Seau, and Junior was a damn good player

3 - it rhymes with Larusso, and Daniel was damn good at karate

"Gregory Rousseau is gonna play? Gregory Rousseau's gonna play!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll is likely showing this to Beane right now with various threats if he takes a corner in round 2

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

Throw Edmunds and Tre in there and you have 7 1st Round picks on defense. 

Other than Allen I don’t think there’s a first round pick on the whole offense - unless you want to count Diggs since we traded one away for him.  Still, he was a 5th rounder originally. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Daboll is likely showing this to Beane right now with various threats if he takes a corner in round 2

People act like the Packers slighted Rodgers by going heavy defense but is his offense that much worse than ours?  

We did a great job getting Allen help the past two years, but to only replace Brown with Sanders this off-season would be Green Bay like behavior.  

I was/am definitely expecting a playmaker when we’re asking Allen to beat teams consistently going 4 wide because our proven talent resides in pass pro and 4 wrs, with “hope” we can develop a running game/tight end play. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Disagree 2

44 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gregory Rousseau (Bills)

Jerry Hughes (Indy)

Vernon Butler (Carolina)

Star Lotulelei (Carolina)

Ed Oliver (Bills)

That's a helluva lot of first rounders on the d-line. There are no first rounders on the o-line.

I don't know if anyone else caught the interview, was during the playoffs I think where Daboll (sounding a little testy) said "we have only one first round pick on offense" in response to a question.

Now I think Beane most certainly counts Diggs as a first-round pick given that's what we gave up to get him, but the point stands.

"To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected"

I think it's fair to say at this point our DL/D as a whole under-performed last season given the number of former first-rounders AND the amount of cap $$ invested in it.

Time for all the top draft picks invested on DL (including AJ Epenesa last year, and Harrison Phillips) to step up, stand up, and deliver.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

3 reasons I like Rousseau:

1 - it rhymes with Gastineau, and Mark was a damn good player

2 - it ends with Seau, and Junior was a damn good player

3 - it rhymes with Larusso, and Daniel was damn good at karate

"Gregory Rousseau is gonna play? Gregory Rousseau's gonna play!"

How about ROUUUSS rhymes with BRUUUUCE?

• Like (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gregory Rousseau (Bills)

Jerry Hughes (Indy)

Vernon Butler (Carolina)

Ed Oliver (Bills)

That's a helluva lot of first rounders on the d-line. There are no first rounders on the o-line. 

You are creating expectations with this post lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

People act like the Packers slighted Rodgers by going heavy defense but is his offense that much worse than ours?  

Would you rather defend Diggs*Beasley*Brown*Davis or Adams*Valdez-Scantling*Tonyan*Lazard ?   I know my answer.

Beasley came within one injury of breaking 1000 yds and in his last 2 seasons would have been #2 in yards on GB.

Brown had >1000 yds last year and arguably would have had another 800+ yd season

Green Bay has a long history of cheaping it at the receiver position and asking Rodgers to do a lot, with a little.

They're also way overdue for an investment on OL.

We did a great job getting Allen help the past two years, but to only replace Brown with Sanders this off-season would be Green Bay like behavior.

We're starting from a different place, except at TE.  And Sanders is at a different level as a WR.  His worst season of the last 3 years would make him the #2 receiver on GB.

I was/am definitely expecting a playmaker when we’re asking Allen to beat teams consistently going 4 wide because our proven talent resides in pass pro and 4 wrs, with “hope” we can develop a running game/tight end play.

We'll see.  I'd actually like to see a C/G taken high and developed as a Morse replacement. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if anyone else caught the interview, was during the playoffs I think where Daboll (sounding a little testy) said "we have only one first round pick on offense" in response to a question.

Now I think Beane most certainly counts Diggs as a first-round pick given that's what we gave up to get him, but the point stands.

"To Whom Much is Given, Much is Expected"

I think it's fair to say at this point our DL/D as a whole under-performed last season given the number of former first-rounders AND the amount of cap $$ invested in it.

Time for all the top draft picks invested on DL (including Harrison Phillips) to step up, stand up, and deliver.

You are on to something here . We have a huge cap commitment to this area of the team and frankly, the expected production is not there. I never looked at the draft pick investment and that is concerning to me as well, with a HC and GM who want pressure with the front 4, this isn't a good looking baby

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Gregory Rousseau (Bills)

Jerry Hughes (Indy)

Vernon Butler (Carolina)

Ed Oliver (Bills)

And yet, The Bills D-line does not strike terror into the hearts of opponents. Oliver needs to step up this year.

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Rodgers would be hard pressed to find a team with a better WR1 than he has now not to mention they paid Aaron Jones 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Would you rather defend Diggs*Beasley*Brown*Davis or Adams*Valdez-Scantling*Tonyan*Lazard ?   I know my answer.

Beasley came within one injury of breaking 1000 yds and in his last 2 seasons would have been #2 in yards on GB.

Brown had >1000 yds last year and arguably would have had another 800+ yd season

Green Bay has a long history of cheaping it at the receiver position and asking Rodgers to do a lot, with a little.

They're also way overdue for an investment on OL.

We're starting from a different place, except at TE.  And Sanders is at a different level as a WR.  His worst season of the last 3 years would make him the #2 receiver on GB.

We'll see.  I'd actually like to see a C/G taken high and developed as a Morse replacement. 

Id take our WR’s, and Tonyan is a threat we hope Knox can become, but Rodgers - like Allen - has a good OL, and unlike Allen, has a running game with a beast running back.

If, and I certainly hope to be proven wrong tonight, but if we dont invest more in offense, I’m thinking Daboll and Allen could justifiably sideeye this off-season ..... and of course I don’t mean they’d be angry, but perhaps, mindful, that no real investment was made.   

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

No trades, no Fa signings.  Aaron Rodgers issues are from an organization run without an owner.  The end of the day Kraft told Bill to stand down to Brady.   To never draft a first rd skill player in Aarons career is shameful.  Not making a move to increase the offense the past 2 years is shameful.