Round 2 Mock

17 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

For the people who don’t understand an Interior Oline pick. They have below average starting Guards, a Center with injury history, and multiple guys on 1 year deals. Eventually we have to stop playing the 1 year deal game with the interior offensive line depth

It makes sense, but I think we should also understand how using our top 2 picks as building blocks for the future would have people some type of way.   

We’re a SB contender and KC seems to have retooled and looks to be as good as last year, while our division got a ton better.  

There’s something to be said for continuity and building a contender year in/year out, but the only change we’ve really made of significance is replacing Brown with Sanders.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

No clue how accurate they are, but using drafttek's trade value chart:

61 = 292

93 = 128

161 = 25.4

174 = 20.2

213 = 4.6 

236 = 1

and 

45 = 450

61 + 93 = 420 in value, so if we're doing equal value, then we would just have to add 161 and 213 to get to a total of 450 in value.

Then we still would have 174 and 236. And that's without factoring in possibly adding a mid-round 2022 pick. 

Yeah, it can be done, but I feel like that'll leave the draft pick cupboard pretty bare. This is a team with only 4 safeties, and they need another TE, a WR burner, and obviously a CB. If we do move up, I think it'll be pretty minor. As for trading next year's picks, the Bills didn't really lose anyone, so they aren't going to be getting any comp picks. They cut John Brown, so they won't get a return on him. Dean Marlowe is really the only guy, but that's compensated for (in spades) by the Sanders signing.    

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It makes sense, but I think we should also understand how using our top 2 picks as building blocks for the future would have people some type of way.   

We’re a SB contender and KC seems to have retooled and looks to be as good as last year, while our division got a ton better.  

There’s something to be said for continuity and building a contender year in/year out, but the only change we’ve really made of significance is replacing Brown with Sanders.  

I get it I do but if that was the case Rousseau wouldn’t have been the pick. Beane point blank told everyone they were thinking more long than short term. Just cause people don’t want to hear it doesn’t mean it’s true. 

The Bills have to find a way to fit Allen and Edmunds into their still tight cap next year. Guess how their gonna find that money? Jerry Hughes, Mario Addison, Mitch Morse are 3 of the highest earners. They already found the DE replacment. Guess what’s going to happen at some point. They are going to find Morse’s replacement

Edited by gonzo1105
  • Agree 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, it can be done, but I feel like that'll leave the draft pick cupboard pretty bare. This is a team with only 4 safeties, and they need another TE, a WR burner, and obviously a CB. If we do move up, I think it'll be pretty minor. As for trading next year's picks, the Bills didn't really lose anyone, so they aren't going to be getting any comp picks. They cut John Brown, so they won't get a return on him. Dean Marlowe is really the only guy, but that's compensated for (in spades) by the Sanders signing.    

I'm not necessarily pushing that exact trade, but if a player falls I could see McBeane giving up some picks this year and next year to go up and get a guy they like as they have done multiple times. 

One thing I keep hearing that I generally agree with is that the Bills' current roster is currently pretty filled out, so trading up for one quality player makes more sense this year because he would be more likely to make the roster. Keep in mind there will be players picked up after the draft, both current and future FAs and UDFAs.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I'm not necessarily pushing that exact trade, but if a player falls I could see McBeane giving up some picks this year and next year to go up and get a guy they like as they have done multiple times. 

One thing I keep hearing that I generally agree with is that the Bills' current roster is currently pretty filled out, so trading up for one quality player makes more sense this year because he would be more likely to make the roster. Keep in mind there will be players picked up after the draft, both current and future FAs and UDFAs.

#2 CB

1 Tech DT

OL

Speed WR

RB

2 picks tonight and 4 picks Saturday.   

Zero reason why we need 6 picks when those are the only spots guys could make the team.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I see Beane moving up in the 2nd. Probably for a corner 

He better get ahead of Dallas at 44. I watched a lot of the Cowboys Draft Show the past couple of months.  It includes Dane Brugler and Bucky Brooks, among others. Dallas will definitely pick one at 44, if they don't move up to get one. Sounded like they liked Samuel a lot.  Could also see Joseph going there, high upside but lower floor.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

How did our division get a ton better? One of the people on NFL Network said Dolphins had great first round. Dolphins Had two first round picks. Waddle looks like solid pick and fills a need. Jaelan Phillips is confusing, first edge rusher taken. He played two years at UCLA and retired from football in 2018 (concussions) and left UCLA. Transferred to Miami and played during weird 2020 season. Isn’t there red flags there? As for the rest of AFC East, Jets replaced Sam Darnold with Sam Darnold. Patriots? Mac Jones? Who knows? 

1 minute ago, chris heff said:

How did our division get a ton better? One of the people on NFL Network said Dolphins had great first round. Dolphins Had two first round picks. Waddle looks like solid pick and fills a need. Jaelan Phillips is confusing, first edge rusher taken. He played two years at UCLA and retired from football in 2018 (concussions) and left UCLA. Transferred to Miami and played during weird 2020 season. Isn’t there red flags there? As for the rest of AFC East, Jets replaced Sam Darnold with Sam Darnold. Patriots? Mac Jones? Who knows? 

Our division was a joke last year.   

I actually like the Dolphins picks.  Being held back by Tua doesn’t mean their team isn’t better.  

Pats have a decent team around Mac Jones, even if I’m not too worried about him either.  

Both teams have the potential to be playoff teams.   

Jets still aren’t very good, but they aren’t a tomato can like last year.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

#2 CB

1 Tech DT

OL

Speed WR

RB

2 picks tonight and 4 picks Saturday.   

Zero reason why we need 6 picks when those are the only spots guys could make the team.  

A TE could definitely make the team. You also forgot safety, where there's an actual hole with the departure of Marlowe.

The love for Meinerz is asinine and a perfect illustration of what is wrong with draft season. 

Let’s take a player from the lowest possible competition level who was just okay there, train him up in the year and a half he isn’t playing football, have him go to the senior bowl where he can hold his own for one week and make people fall in love with him based on his personality and belly, and he’ll get drafted in the second round.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Beane giving up next year's pick in this draft is like him moving back, not gonna happen....

Edit: also next year's class should be deep seeing how thin this one is. Good draft to keep your capital in, good players should be available every round

1 hour ago, turftoe said:

He better get ahead of Dallas at 44. I watched a lot of the Cowboys Draft Show the past couple of months.  It includes Dane Brugler and Bucky Brooks, among others. Dallas will definitely pick one at 44, if they don't move up to get one. Sounded like they liked Samuel a lot.  Could also see Joseph going there, high upside but lower floor.

They certainly need one and I expected them to snag Newsome once the other 2 were gone, made a nice pick though. Rd2 they will move to get a cb if they have to. They won't get shut out again

Edited by Reed83HOF

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Beane giving up next year's pick in this draft is like him moving back, not gonna happen....

Edit: also next year's class should be deep seeing how thin this one is. Good draft to keep your capital in, good players should be available every round.

Yeah I have not suggested and would not suggest involving anything higher than a 4th next year. That’s just if they really like a guy and see the need to move up.

If we do want to move up, then I’d ideally like to involve only picks from this year. 

2 hours ago, turftoe said:

Dallas HAS to get a corner. They were fools not to take one in the first, in my opinion. All those high-pick LBs they have helped produce the worst Cowboys defense in team history. Their corners couldn't cover. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I actually like the Dolphins picks.  Being held back by Tua doesn’t mean their team isn’t better.  

The Waddle pick transforms their offense. Defenses didn't just show little respect to Tua, they showed little respect to Miami's receivers too because they didn't have a deep threat. Everyone just put their safeties in the box. Adding Will Fuller, and now Jaylen Waddle, is going to open their offense up and allow them to get a run game going.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The other way of looking at it is if you can find cheap IOL depth on 1 and 2 year deals every year why commit high value draft assets to the position? Focus those assets on the spots where cheap starters do not come easy in FA. 

I think IOL is still possible somewhere in the draft... but not before the 3rd round.

Yet our biggest competitor the Chiefs value G so high they are paying a guy $16m a year to play there ... 

Edited by Aussie Joe