Who did you want when the Bills were on the clock in the 1st round?

No_Matter_What

Who did you want in the 1st round when the Bills were on the clock?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. Who did you want in the 1st round when Bills were on the clock?

• Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah
    • Gregory Rousseau
    • Trevon Moehrig
    • Christian Barmore
    • Teven Jenkins
    • CB (Samuel, Campbell)
    • WR (Marshall, E. Moore, R. Moore)
    • other DE (Olujari/Oweh/Ossai/Tryon)
    • other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/26/2022 at 10:20 AM

I was good with what ever edge guy they wanted, JOK, or Samuel Jr.  

Rousseau was the most intriguing edge rusher to me, so was happy with the pick.  After 2019, I was looking at him as a top 10, maybe top 5 pick.  

I honestly had no idea who they would pick, thought Javonte was even a possibility.  

But I was hoping for defense once Etienne was off the board.  

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I wanted Oweh, but happy to get an edge rusher.

I wanted Oweh too but I am pretty ok with who they went with. They got some young talent at a position where they needed young talent. Not a bad night.

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Probably would have gone Tryon over Roussseau but I'm fine with the pick.  Once Etienne was gone I wanted an edge pass rusher

Seemed obvious edge was where need and value were converging so it was just a matter of which they felt fit. I didn’t watch any too terribly closely so I didn’t have a huge preference but you have to go hit the QB so it was going to be a pass rusher and they picked a productive one.

5 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

jok

with a top pick inside and a big brand new pay day outside.... it just wasn’t likely. 

if beane had a crystal ball I wonder if he would have spent money elsewhere if he knew jok would be there 

• Like (+1) 2

I would answer by saying JOK was sticking out on my board so he is the instant reaction but when you look at our roster and out needs Rousseau who was my 5th best remaining (I think I said 4th last night but you need to cut me some slack it was 5am here and I could barely still see my board :D) and I was more than okay with that pick. I said a number of weeks ago and repeated earlier yesterday that there were three edge rushers in this class to me who could come in and make a serious contribution in the Bills scheme as rookies - Paye, Phillips and Rousseau. If you said to me in February one of those was gonna drop to #30 I would not have believed it. Pretty stoked that it happened. 

• Like (+1) 3

Like many others, I felt Koramoah was the best on the board.

He wouldn't really fill a traditional need, but I thought a hybrid linebacker/safety would be an interesting chess piece for the defensive coaching staff.

The thing is though... if our coaches don't feel the same way, he would have been a wasted pick.

We play nickel the vast majority of the time, and Milano/Edmunds are on the field for 99% of the game snaps.

That is probably why he's dropping in the first place.  Many teams don't really have a plan for how to use him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.