RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

10 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Like I said, I'm not knocking the pick, just pointing out what they said in the article I shared. How many years in college did Nick Bosa play? Were Bosa's times all worse off than scouts expected & did he put on weight in his year off? 

I think these are the things that mattered (I'm not saying they shouldn't or shouldn't matter) to the scouts. Hell, that article even said he's now projecting to be the 29th-30th pick now, which is exactly what happened. 

I am personally happy for him, hope he shuts the doubters up & makes a huge contribution. I can just see how it's perceived as a big risk. I have a feeling Aaron Maybin comparisons will be consistently thrown out even if they're not valid.

Maybin?  He in almost no way resembles Maybin.

• Agree 4

7 hours ago, Nelius said:

Slow and not good but he had 15 1/2 sacks the only year he played? I thought the issue with him was more so lack of experience and taking a year off, not a lack of freakish athletic talent

He’s not slow at all. Ran in the 4.6’s

His shuttle time was slow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t know how his game will translate, but his highlights are an awful lot like JJ Watt coming out.  That would be a helluva find at 30.  I think it says something they took him instead of JOK, who I thought was their perfect pick and a guy who could run with Kelce, I’m not sure I like it until I see him against NFL competition, but time will tell.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Like I said, I'm not knocking the pick, just pointing out what they said in the article I shared. How many years in college did Nick Bosa play? Were Bosa's times all worse off than scouts expected & did he put on weight in his year off? 

I think these are the things that mattered (I'm not saying they shouldn't or shouldn't matter) to the scouts. Hell, that article even said he's now projecting to be the 29th-30th pick now, which is exactly what happened. 

I am personally happy for him, hope he shuts the doubters up & makes a huge contribution. I can just see how it's perceived as a big risk. I have a feeling Aaron Maybin comparisons will be consistently thrown out even if they're not valid.

He needed to put weight on his frame. He was playing at 240 lbs at 6’7”. I can’t wait until Bruuuce gets his hands on him!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ll refer to the draft gurus here. He was a guy in my peripheral so I don’t know a ton. 

Given the fact we’ve spent our first pick 3 years in a row on Oliver, Epeneza, and Rousseau, I’m not totally sure that’s a dominant line when you factor in the cost. 

Everybody is young and it’s still very wait and see. I have faith Oliver can be a player so we will see. 

We better see this year on Oliver 

56 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

This team is trying to draft prototypes at DE. I think this is a mistake. Speed off the edge wins in today’s NFL. Epenesa and Rosseau are more plodder than speed. Concerning. 

With the speed that teams get rid of the ball - speed on the edge is so much less important.  Pressure in the middle is more important than edge in most schemes and the newer thing is moving these guys inside.

The Edge guys are QB contain guys that should be keeping him in the pocket and let pressure come from inside.

6 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

First off ,  i was right that we blew it drafting FORD over super WR Metcalf,  i was right when i said Murphy was a bum signing and should habe been cut,  i was right when i said Beanne spent too much money on average players in free agency last season.  What did they give us for all that money?

NOW on this 1st round pick tonight.......... HE WAS A GREAT PICK and a steal at 30th overall,  watch for him to turn into a DE force.  Maybe take a season or two but he has the gifts that no coach can teach. 

Congrats Beane & staff..... well done!

well to address the bold. 

part of a 13 win team and one that was 45 minutes from the Super Bowl. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

A lot of people here seem to be saying this in the last few minutes.  It reminds me of what people said about Lawson and how high he should have gone.  It wasn’t true for him and it’s not true for Rousseau. 

True? How could we ever know?

1 hour ago, Jpsredemption said:

This team is trying to draft prototypes at DE. I think this is a mistake. Speed off the edge wins in today’s NFL. Epenesa and Rosseau are more plodder than speed. Concerning. 

Rosseau had a faster 10 yard split that The Michigan kid even in a disappointing workout. #JustSaying. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Strikes me as Beane doing what he said he was gonna  do. Good pick, 

8 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

With the speed that teams get rid of the ball - speed on the edge is so much less important.  Pressure in the middle is more important than edge in most schemes and the newer thing is moving these guys inside.

The Edge guys are QB contain guys that should be keeping him in the pocket and let pressure come from inside.

Think beating mahomes.   This is a move tk help that.   Mahomes beat us twice by doing the opposite.  He held the ball and ran around and we couldn't get to him and coverage broke down.   This is a guy who can chase him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Daniel Jeremiah's top 150 prospects in the 2021 NFL Draft class

If the Bills board was anything like DJs the highest remaining players were Moering, JOK and #18 Greg Rousseau all in the mid teens. Looks to be a solid Bills type pick with great upside at a big need area.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Awesome! (+1) 1