RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

5 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Don’t like the pick.  Did not want to invest in an opt-out.

I hope I’m wrong but our 1st picks on D have been meh.   Could have had DK.  Could have had Dobbins.  Will be wishing we had Moore. 

I am just wondering why you didnt want to invest in an opt out?

You do realize that if he had repllicated that 15 sack season we wouldnt have a chance in hell of drafting him right?   Your looking at a top 10 pick if he does that.

Trust the process

Love everything about this pick: High Character, 15.5 sacks last time he played, great size, great smile, and the first things he says when interviewed " Super excited, Bills Mafia, can't wait to get over there, so grateful!"

He's off to a great start!

• Like (+1) 1

I honestly don't know what to think about this pick.  Beane and company definitely have an eye for talent and I have learned to trust them.  If he had somehow made it to our 2nd round selection we would all be over the moon happy.  You only hit on 50% of your picks so let's all hope we just found a guy who can deliver 15 sacks in the near future.  

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So the Poe-birds took Oweh right after we chose.  Wonder if he was their first choice

I'll take the guy with 15.5 sacks in one season over the guy who had half as many in his entire career. The Bills got the better of that deal.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nelius said:

Agreed, but the 30th is a true wasteland. Best offensive player I could find going back about 30 years was Joseph Addai for example.

Was mainly responding to the complaint that it was a "wasteful" pick, as if you can make a safe pick at 30th. It's a great time to swing for a project or anybody who slid due to off the field reasons. And thankfully Rousseau's off the field reasons were taking care of his family.

The thought that this was a "wasteful" pick is just looney

This really is Beane swinging for the fences.....the upside on this guy could be incredible and at the same time his floor is not that low.   If Greg R. pans out you could have the next JPP

5 hours ago, LEBills said:

I think this year will be a kind of redshirt year for Rousseau with a lot of healthy scratches, similar to AJ last year. They will let him come in, meet the dietician, hit the weights and then will be expected to be ready for 2022. Beane was true to his words of thinking long term in his team building with this pick.

Hopefully day two brings a CB2 and NT or iOL

I actually think he is gonna see playing time....but he will not be counted on with the vets in front of him.....he is in a wonderful situation.

5 hours ago, WideNine said:

Yep... like trying to throw a football through a forest :)

First thing I thought....I see a lot of batted passes in QBs futures

6 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I just still don't understand why we not get Samuel or JOK.  I am going to be sick about this choice till draft is over then I will get behind it and move on

I guess we're as dumb as 31 other NFL teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

Just watched the highlight reel, and have no idea what the whole "lucky sacks" thing means.  He was handling blockers w/ ease and his instincts on where both the QB & ball are were off the charts.

PPL are also saying that he only gets sacks rushing from inside which is simply not true

3 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

I don’t see him growing 2 inches at age 21. Typically when I see players have growth spurts in the NBA they are around 19 or 20. 

6'7" plenty tall

I know it’s going to be said again and again, but this kid is LONG.  I think Jeremiah said it best when he said offensive linemen will think they have him blocked but they don’t because of that incredible reach and length.  He is going to be a pocket disrupter.

Is it a risky pick because of the limited action and year off?  Sure, I guess, but “tape don’t lie” and 35 sacks/TFL in one P5 season is sick.  I’m excited about this kid’s future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, eball said:

I know it’s going to be said again and again, but this kid is LONG.  I think Jeremiah said it best when he said offensive linemen will think they have him blocked but they don’t because of that incredible reach and length.  He is going to be a pocket disrupter.

Is it a risky pick because of the limited action and year off?  Sure, I guess, but “tape don’t lie” and 35 sacks/TFL in one P5 season is sick.  I’m excited about this kid’s future.

yea- we will see if it ends up a good pick but even if it doesn’t work out it wasn’t a bad pick 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

He has similar athletic numbers as Nick Bosa.  At 6-7 that is rare.  

Ok he didnt post freakish numbers but they werent bad.  They are close to Nick Bosa a bonefide top pick.  Similar situation Bosa didnt play his final year either.  I dont get it.  His size and those numbers maked him a freak.

Like I said, I'm not knocking the pick, just pointing out what they said in the article I shared. How many years in college did Nick Bosa play? Were Bosa's times all worse off than scouts expected & did he put on weight in his year off? 

I think these are the things that mattered (I'm not saying they shouldn't or shouldn't matter) to the scouts. Hell, that article even said he's now projecting to be the 29th-30th pick now, which is exactly what happened. 

I am personally happy for him, hope he shuts the doubters up & makes a huge contribution. I can just see how it's perceived as a big risk. I have a feeling Aaron Maybin comparisons will be consistently thrown out even if they're not valid.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Mango said:

Honest question to the college gurus, @MAJBobby @NewEra @GunnerBill

Do you project either Epenesa or Rousseau to be able to replace Hugh’s at a high level in the next 2-3 years? 

We don’t have a huge stable of pass rushers so one of these guys will have to perform at a comparable level or we are in the same spot as we are right now. 

I am more of a fan of Rousseaus that Epenesa. I think with Rousseau you are getting a kid that would likely have been talked about as the best DE (in a very bad DE class) if he didn’t opt out. So yea I do think he can replace Hughes. 

this is a good football player with room to really grow. Depends if Bills can get him developed 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1