RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

13 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

First off ,  i was right that we blew it drafting FORD over super WR Metcalf,  i was right when i said Murphy was a bum signing and should habe been cut,  i was right when i said Beanne spent too much money on average players in free agency last season.  What did they give us for all that money?

NOW on this 1st round pick tonight.......... HE WAS A GREAT PICK and a steal at 30th overall,  watch for him to turn into a DE force.  Maybe take a season or two but he has the gifts that no coach can teach. 

Congrats Beane & staff..... well done!

Dang, can I have your autograph?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

They will say they wanted him. But it does look like they tried our and get him or someone else a few picks later. We will see - I know he has a good split time but he seems slow around the edge. Who knows - but seems like he will be what aje was for us last year. Not a piece you can plug like a few others would have been. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

we need a solid 3 down back.  Motor is not even close.  Williams has all the tools.  I’d also be fine with going up for JOK.  I can’t believe he is still there, and is BPA and top position of need, IMO

JOK is a position of need? What position is that? 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

we need a solid 3 down back.  Motor is not even close.  Williams has all the tools.  I’d also be fine with going up for JOK.  I can’t believe he is still there, and is BPA and top position of need, IMO

Yeah it’s kinda crazy those two (Jenkins and JOK) are still there. I expect a few teams to try to trade up for them tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, goldenboy81 said:

People gonna complain no matter who they drafted. Kids a beast and would have gone much higher if he did play last year.

Good luck on 3rd and long when he lines up inside. Go Bills 

That is not necessarily true .. did anybody on this board complain when Josh Allen was drafted  ... oh wait.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t understand why anyone would say Rousseau is a reach pick. Nearly every mock draft I’ve seen has him going before pick 30. If anything, we got good value; at least on paper. We really won’t know for sure for a couple years yet, anyway. But I have to laugh at some of these takes around here. 

Agreed...

I think the chances of Rousseau being around at #30 had he played in 2020 are slim and none. Especially when you consider the talent Miami had on the D-Line. He would have feasted again with that bunch, and gone higher. B-)

• Agree 1

I’m with Daniel Jeremiah and Calais Campbell. He’s a lot better than many seem to give him credit for. He’s a versatile defender who can bring pressure up the middle or off the edge. He can also set the edge and play the run. Maybe because he is so tall he appears to have great vision of whats going on in the backfield. I think thats actually why Beane and others say he has a nose for the QB. He’s got decent power and exceptional lateral agility, not to mention incredible length. He looks like a guy who plays with passion and has an excellent motor. He will benefit from the Bills strength and conditioning programme. 

Whats not to like? This was a good pick. The kid has the makings of a really good player.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I will say, I fully expect ROUS and Epy to become our dominate DE tandem for 10+ years simply because it makes sense that I’ll be second guessing how to spell their names for the next decade. 

Also, Rous fits in with the short name vibe: 

Efe and Eddy and Epy and Rous. 

Throw in a Jerry and and a Harry and you can really break it down. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

I haven’t been super impressed with Epenesa as a whole. I’ve questioned him in this thread.  It feels like he projects out to Chris Kelsey. Better than serviceable. I will say I thought AJ was able to be pretty disruptive at time’s at the very backend of the season. It seems like he started to make the most of his limited snaps. 

In fairness they made him drop a ton of weight and all around change his style of play, without normal off season programs as a rookie. Well see the more refined product this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, QCity said:

The red flag for me was watching that 15 sack season playing at 245, not a weight that's likely to cut it in the NFL. When he took a year off and put on 20-25 lbs, he had a disastrous Pro Day (which I know, isn't an actual game). I hope he can play at this weight, it is a legitimate concern. 

It wasn't disastrous.    

He ran faster than and is taller than Jason Pierre Paul,  who had the same vertical Jump.

His hands and speed compared favorably to Jevon Kearse.

The comp used more often is Calais Campbell and of course he ran A LOT faster than him,   Campbell was 290 when drafted.........but Rousseau has the same length,  same vert, but with 11" hands compared to CC's 9.75" hands and Rousseau did more reps on the bench despite being 20 pounds lighter.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 10

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

I was kind of hoping for Oweh after the good corners were all gone. I figured, heck, why not go for the generational size / speed combo?

I'm good with this pick, though. Edge is a need and this guy is a finisher. Excited to see him play.

REALLY glad we didn't trade up for a freaking running back.

I mean montez sweat is 6'6 260 and ran a verified 440 at the combine 

And put up stats

• Eyeroll 1