RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

14 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

No preseason, had to change his style of play and body type. That stuff takes awhile, and he was looking pretty promising by the end of the year. It boggles my mind that some people are already labeling him a bust.

I don't exactly think all of the the visitors to this forum fall on the right-hand side of the IQ bell curve lol.

Just now, Awwufelloff said:

You're not beating KC drafting another DB/LB at that spot. You beat them by getting after Mahomes. We addressed that tonight, with a huge ceiling pick. Not sure how anyone can have an issue here. He was projected to go top 10 before he opted out.

yes. It doesn’t matter what player anyone likes. Beat Kansas City. It starts there and it ends there.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

I don’t understand why anyone would say Rousseau is a reach pick. Nearly every mock draft I’ve seen has him going before pick 30. If anything, we got good value; at least on paper. We really won’t know for sure for a couple years yet, anyway. But I have to laugh at some of these takes around here. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was kind of hoping for Oweh after the good corners were all gone. I figured, heck, why not go for the generational size / speed combo?

I'm good with this pick, though. Edge is a need and this guy is a finisher. Excited to see him play.

REALLY glad we didn't trade up for a freaking running back.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Oh god. Listen, I’m disappointed in motor too but running backs don’t matter unless they’re transcendent.  And even then they make the play caller think it’s a good idea to run more. 

we need a solid 3 down back.  Motor is not even close.  Williams has all the tools.  I’d also be fine with going up for JOK.  I can’t believe he is still there, and is BPA and top position of need, IMO

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I don’t understand why anyone would say Rousseau is a reach pick. Nearly every mock draft I’ve seen has him going before pick 30. If anything, we got good value; at least on paper. We really won’t know for sure for a couple years yet, anyway. But I have to laugh at some of these takes around here. 

He was falling late.