RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

I'm surprised at some of the conclusions already being drawn re: Oliver & Epenesa.

Oliver was really hurt last year by Star opting out.  We had a light line, and it was easy for offenses to focus on him; he had a lot of double-teams.  

Epenesa improved throughout the season, imo.  He showed some flashes of being an excellent player.  

I love that we have a youth movement going on the line.  These guys COULD be dominant in a year or 2.  If they are, we'll be a scary team on both sides of the ball.

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’m sensing a trend with our 1st rounders:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/27/way-too-early-nfl-2021-mock-draft

Allen, Oliver also mocked very high a year out 

And another

https://www.google.com/amp/s/touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/08/04/touchdown-wires-way-too-early-2021-mock-draft/amp/

Just google “way too early 2021 mock draft” and you’ll see

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

he looks fast. He looks strong.  Thanks for the video. I didn’t love when he waved goodbye to the other team after a tackle, but mcD will fix that. 

I was hoping for JOK, but that’s the reason I’m not an NFL GM. 

JOK is pretty great too!!

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

I understand when people talk about his potential being high but I dont think of first round picks as being "risky" being wise picks I'd rather chose more of a polished experienced guy with more than a season under his belt at any given position. Yeah I dont presume to know as much as McBeane but Maybin 2.0 comparisons scare the crap out of me just sayin'.....

The Calais Campbell ones makes me happy 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Could have traded down and still selected him... Beane's weakness seems to be selecting D-Linemen.

Did you see any team move back into the first round this year?  Likely no teams were interested.

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

I loved the Oliver pick and liked the Epenesa pick as I think most of us did. If we all hate Rousseau then he'll probably end up being a stud.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Beane just said in an interview they could have traded back. Two teams were really interested. 

Ugh. Should have pulled the trigger. 

Since you don't know what was offered, how do you know trading back was the best move?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, if we're going to be all sensible and stuff, even the top of the first round is pretty much a coin-flip for locking in a starter.

Yes...and we see this every year! After the predictable picks it is a crapshoot!

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

only thing i dislike about the pick you touched on…”developing” him. You ideally would want someone that can make an impact immediately on a team squarely in their super bowl window, but maybe the kid will surprise us.

One thing I've noticed is if you listen carefully to Beane, he'll often say what he means and mean what he says.

Breadcrumbs he dropped:

-saying scouts having to go back to 2019 to watch film

-saying that at 30, we may draft a guy we expect to develop a year behind players on the last year of their contracts

-saying that if there's someone they like on the board, they may well stand pat and pull the trigger vs. counting on a guy to be there if they trade back

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

It would have been nice to get someone with actual edge speed but I don't hate having some extra length on the line. A batted ball is just as good as a pressure. AJ showed promise with that too. 

7 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Hate or love the pick, you have to admire how leak-proof our front office is. Hadn't seen anything connecting us to Rousseau pre-draft. 

Had my eye on JOK, Teven Jenkins, and Elijah Moore, but I can get onboard with Rousseau. I like his length and I trust this coaching staff to develop him. 

hey those other 3 are still available. Maybe they trade up for one 

• Like (+1) 2