RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’ll refer to the draft gurus here. He was a guy in my peripheral so I don’t know a ton. 

Given the fact we’ve spent our first pick 3 years in a row on Oliver, Epeneza, and Rousseau, I’m not totally sure that’s a dominant line when you factor in the cost. 

Everybody is young and it’s still very wait and see. I have faith Oliver can be a player so we will see. 

Tbf Epenesa was a 2nd round pick - but yes our first actual pick in the draft. Either way this is where I’m at as well, if not slightly more optimistic. I think we messed with too much in having AJ drop as much weight as he did. I’m curious to see whether they keep him at that weight and work more on the speed game this year, or let him put some weight back on to get back to his power roots. Either way I have more optimism about him and Oliver continuing to make strides.

Hell, if we’re lucky enough that all three develop to expectation that’s an outstanding DL core group of similar age to anchor a defense on for years. All remains to be seen but can’t say I’m not excited.

If we didn’t go DB here I was hoping it’d be DL/Pass Rusher. I wouldn’t have minded ASJ or Ojulari even, but glad to see us go after an incredible upside gamble with number 30. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, QCity said:

The red flag for me was watching that 15 sack season playing at 245, not a weight that's likely to cut it in the NFL. When he took a year off and put on 20-25 lbs, he had a disastrous Pro Day (which I know, isn't an actual game). I hope he can play at this weight, it is a legitimate concern. 

He will grow into it. I feel very confident in that.

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

I haven’t been super impressed with Epenesa as a whole. I’ve questioned him in this thread.  It feels like he projects out to Chris Kelsey. Better than serviceable. I will say I thought AJ was able to be pretty disruptive at time’s at the very backend of the season. It seems like he started to make the most of his limited snaps. 

No preseason, had to change his style of play and body type. That stuff takes awhile, and he was looking pretty promising by the end of the year. It boggles my mind that some people are already labeling him a bust.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Beane just said in an interview they could have traded back. Two teams were really interested. 

Ugh. Should have pulled the trigger. 

Beane comes from that Gettleman tree of being reluctant to trade down especially since they really like Rousseau

For everyone saying “i wish they would’ve traded back”…for what? I would hope you’d mean picks in next year’s draft, because if you wanted them to trade back for more picks in the mid rounds in this year’s draft, which is the thinnest EVER, then you should take up soccer or something.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CNY315 said:

You have no way of knowing this

I mean this is a message board about the NFL draft. You could post “you have know way of knowing this” after all 32 draft picks today and 98% of all the posts on the internet.