RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

I do think having an edge guy that can set the edge in run defense and clean things up when the initial pressure forces the QB to move is important and something that we lacked this past year.

We still need that initial rusher long-term though as I don't really think that's Epenesa. Still some intriguing guys that could fit that criteria available though. I really hope we double dip on edge guys the way Tampa did with corners a couple years ago when they took Sean Murphy-Bunting and Jamel Dean back to back on day 2.

10 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

This guy reminds me EXACTLY of Chandler Jones (6'5 265).

When the Pats drafted Chandler Jones 21st out of Syracuse I laughed because I thought he would be an immediate bust. He looked slow as molasses on film and had a bad pro day. The tape just looked BAD. However, he has the same "long strider" build and technique as Rousseau. It doesn't look twitchy or high-punch, but every long step gets him closer to the QB faster.

As we all know, Chandler went on to be a 3x pro-bowler and league sack leader, garnering 10+ sacks the last 5 years in a row.

Maybe I'm drinking the cool-aid, but they look really, really similar.

I don't really see that. Jones was a much more refined player. More explosive athlete in short bursts. 

The more I learn about him, the more perfect he is as a Beane selection. 

Not a flashy signing -every single damn one of you who wastes your time -and OURS -posting irrelevant mocks missed this, which certainly isn’t unusual.. Back to the last time we had routine playoff teams, our late pick yields were very impressive as well ie; Phil Hanson, John Fina, JD Williams, Henry Jones.. 

not sayin’, juss sayin’..

Just now, Virgil said:

This pick makes me wish we took Dobbins last year instead of Epenesa 

Nah, if we could go back to back years nabbing our DEs of future in Epenesa and Rousseau, then imho that is 100% the way to go

Heck, we could still end up with Jevonte Williams in this draft

32 solo tackles, 14 asst, 46 total tkls, 21 for a loss, 16.5 sacks - 6'5" 264lbs, 10" hand, 80.5" wing span - 4.94 40 dash*, 27 reps on bench

34 solo tackles, 20 asst, 54 total tkls, 19.5 for a loss, 15.5 sacks - 6'7" 265lbs, 11" hand, 83" wing span - 4.68 40 dash, 21 reps on bench

Top is Chase Young the bottom is a raw and young Rousseau - stats for 2019

Not saying he's Chase Young but the upside is as big as he is!!  Love the pick!!!

Edited by FlaFitz1
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Beane has not earned my trust when it comes to the defense, so I’m skeptical of the pick, especially with who was still on the board...time will tell...

Ya, him and Mcd have done a great job with the secondary.

But a lot of misses in the front 7- Through mostly free agency mind you

More I looks into it, I’m loving this pick.

This kid is a freak. One year playing DE and recorded 15.5 sacks. I mean numbers don’t lie.

6”6 266lbs you can’t coach size.

This could be a grand slam.

Most mocks had him as a top 5 pick in this years draft before he opted out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

i think this is the issue.  we need a day 1 contributor.  Perhaps the Bills saw no one there at 30 and took a potential huge year 2 contributor.  

That’s what Beane said he was looking to do, this pick should come as no surprise in that way.