RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Well no.  Kearse was an all-time athletic freak.  Like Rousseau a LOT but he’s not Kearse.

Bills mafia says he's the next Julius Peppers so... I dont know what's more far fetched as it stands

3 hours ago, bills6969 said:

How is this guy better than Perkins or Azeez?

Not a clue. I guess we will see. Owusu Karamoah still there too 

Rousseau fell out of my hopes before the pick because of mock drafts but he is a top 5 talent. We don’t get to interview these guys. 

his pro day wasn’t great but..

remember last year during the behind the scenes draft video Beane was very happy when Gabe Davis ran a slower 40. He trusted the tape and didn’t want another team to fall in love with the size/speed combo. 

• Like (+1) 4

47 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

He gained weight intentionally. And his 40 time at his pro day is on par with elite pass rushers. 

When we look back on this pick we may release that we got a top 10 talent because he slipped on a three cone drill and fell on his vertical. 

wait seriously did that happen?

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

Slow and not good but he had 15 1/2 sacks the only year he played? I thought the issue with him was more so lack of experience and taking a year off, not a lack of freakish athletic talent

He has similar athletic numbers as Nick Bosa.  At 6-7 that is rare.  

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

https://caneswarning.com/2021/04/28/why-is-miami-hurricanes-de-greg-rousseau-plummeting-on-nfl-draft-big-boards/

So basically scouts grew worried after he opted out a year, then showed up to his pro day heavier, not as explosive as he used to be, and wasn't looking like he used to.

Fair enough, but at the same time I'd be shocked if anyone could take a year off from actually playing football & not gain weight. Even if you're constantly working out, that doesn't just mean you'll stay at your playing weight. Only having that 1 good season worries me more than the rest, but I'm not knocking the pick.

Definitely risky, but I don't think pro day numbers matter nearly as much as his tape. How he plays in a game matters much more than his shuttle time or vertical jump.

Ok he didnt post freakish numbers but they werent bad.  They are close to Nick Bosa a bonefide top pick.  Similar situation Bosa didnt play his final year either.  I dont get it.  His size and those numbers maked him a freak.

5 hours ago, 5ths the charm said:

Hey it's what I see. Not high on this guy.  Oh wait we are supposed to be mindless, that's right. Then yay go team go!

Someone with a mind would wait and see what it actually looks like on the field instead of looking like a idiot

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Gonna need to add 20 pounds of lean muscle to that frame, will make him quicker too.

The nice thing about it is he actually has the frame for it.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GreggTX said:

At 266, he'll clearly play DE, but what to do at DE now? Hughes is clearly the best DE on the roster and Edge guys often play effectively well into their 30's. Epenesa might turn out OK, but hasn't played well so far. Rousseau could be a project with his limited experience. I very seriously doubt they'll move him inside. Love his ceiling too. He had something like 19.5 TFL and 15.5 sacks in his last full season. That's an insane 35 tackles behind the LOS! He's also played WR and S which tells me he has a good skill set. This also addresses our biggest need. So far, so good.

As most rookies do.....AJE came slow out the gate but was turning it on as the season went along.

I dont understand why people base performance on rookie season's in the NFL.

I think Rousseau is in a great situation......he will play immediately.....but will play in a rotation.    Yes we have edges in front of him but they are OLD

5 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Not good. Slow off ball, a lot off sacks were coverage sacks 

this is like many years ago Sabre fans complaining that all off Andreychuck's goals were power play goals. Don't all sacks count?

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Someone on the draft network compared Rousseau to Calais Campbell before the ravens first pick. It will be interesting to see if they ask him to add or lose weight 

If I had to venture a guess I think he will gain weight.....and see if he looks like Mario Williams when its all said and done......he has the frame to easily do this.

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Addison will be traded post 6/1 I hope 

Why?  It's a rotational d-line and the Bills will go with Hughes/Addison/Epenesa/Rousseau.  Inside we'll go with Star/Oliver/Butler/Harrison.  Obada/Johnson/Zimmer provide depth.

Now we really need to focus on filling out the secondary through the draft and free agency.

I see all of the comps people are throwing out there like JPP and Jevon Kearse, but I don't really see that. I don't see the same dip and bend like those two display/displayed. Watching the GameDay crew last night on ABC Herbstreit said he has talent, but a lot of his production came when they kicked him inside on passing downs. A place where he was just quicker than the interior guys he was facing. It's true. Hope this ends up being a great pick for us, but I obviously am not jumping up and down over it. I do understand the pick and the reasoning though. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1