RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Maybe, like, message boards aren’t your thing. 

Goofiest comment in here so far. Nothing wrong with preferring 3 or 4 players but I don’t agree with definitely saying there are 3 or 4 better options when none of these kids have played a single down in the NFL

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like he dropped because of his covid opt-out and the fact that it seems he bulked up for his pro-day and that hurt some of his quickness.

Not sure if I am overly concerned with that pro-day showing, an NFL training regimen will have him fill out that frame w/o losing the quickness. Could be a steal - can live with this pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, if we're going to be all sensible and stuff, even the top of the first round is pretty much a coin-flip for locking in a starter.

Agreed, but the 30th is a true wasteland. Best offensive player I could find going back about 30 years was Joseph Addai for example.

Was mainly responding to the complaint that it was a "wasteful" pick, as if you can make a safe pick at 30th. It's a great time to swing for a project or anybody who slid due to off the field reasons. And thankfully Rousseau's off the field reasons were taking care of his family.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

that clock was ticking down I have a hunch they DID try to trade down with no takers...I wonder if they would come clean and admit that, Probably not.

if they did it was likely 3-5 spots thinking the could still draft who they did

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think in an interview, Beane said 2 teams were interested (but ultimately must not have offered enough)

Well, since that was the case, and Oweh and Tryon were the last two picks of the first round, it's likely that Beane wanted an Edge and didn't want to risk losing out altogether.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, SDS said:

Post your reaction here.

First off ,  i was right that we blew it drafting FORD over super WR Metcalf,  i was right when i said Murphy was a bum signing and should habe been cut,  i was right when i said Beanne spent too much money on average players in free agency last season.  What did they give us for all that money?

NOW on this 1st round pick tonight.......... HE WAS A GREAT PICK and a steal at 30th overall,  watch for him to turn into a DE force.  Maybe take a season or two but he has the gifts that no coach can teach. 

Congrats Beane & staff..... well done!

• Like (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One thing I've noticed is if you listen carefully to Beane, he'll often say what he means and mean what he says.

Breadcrumbs he dropped:

-saying scouts having to go back to 2019 to watch film

-saying that at 30, we may draft a guy we expect to develop a year behind players on the last year of their contracts

-saying that if there's someone they like on the board, they may well stand pat and pull the trigger vs. counting on a guy to be there if they trade back

One of the most forthcoming and honest GMs

Go google: “Way too early Mock draft” followed by 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and tell me if you see any familiar faces in the top 10.

Then, on Sunday, when the “way too early 2022” mock drafts come out, bookmark them and familiarize yourself with the top 10-15 players. Early scouting for next year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I see that. Think JPP probably had a slightly better first step but I see what they are thinking.

We've lost a little perspective by guys like Oweh running in the 4.3's or Clowney jumping thru the roof in testing...........but the standard for Freakish DL prospects used to be guys like JPP and Kearse who didn't actually produce broadly amazingly track #'s.   

The track stuff isn't what stands out about him..........it's the length, hands and instincts(or GPS as Jeremiah calls it).    

• Like (+1) 7