RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

31 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

We have the perfect guy to pressure and chase Mahomes down!!

he looks fast. He looks strong.  Thanks for the video. I didn’t love when he waved goodbye to the other team after a tackle, but mcD will fix that. 

I was hoping for JOK, but that’s the reason I’m not an NFL GM. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I mean this is a message board about the NFL draft. You could post “you have know way of knowing this” after all 32 draft picks today and 98% of all the posts on the internet.  

Exactly lol

Edited by CNY315

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I mean I like Jerry Hughes and all but highly productive? Those 2 10 sack seasons were awesome but since then I would agree to disagree but that's just my opinion. He's been our best pass rusher not named Mario Williams. 

I think Hughes just gets the benefit because he was on the most dominate line we've had. He was probably the weakest one on that line too, but still good. 

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I’m sensing a trend with our 1st rounders:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/27/way-too-early-nfl-2021-mock-draft

Allen, Oliver also mocked very high a year out 

Another one

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2888826-2021-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-way-too-early-predictions.amp.html

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Hate or love the pick, you have to admire how leak-proof our front office is. Hadn't seen anything connecting us to Rousseau pre-draft. 

Had my eye on JOK, Teven Jenkins, and Elijah Moore, but I can get onboard with Rousseau. I like his length and I trust this coaching staff to develop him. 

only thing i dislike about the pick you touched on…”developing” him. You ideally would want someone that can make an impact immediately on a team squarely in their super bowl window, but maybe the kid will surprise us.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Don't you kind of have to swing for the fences with the 30th pick? It's historically littered with awful picks, and then TJ Watt. Definitely not a place where you can just lock in a starter

Well, if we're going to be all sensible and stuff, even the top of the first round is pretty much a coin-flip for locking in a starter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Exactly the kid is a freak a bit of risk but damn worth it at 30 

I understand when people talk about his potential being high but I dont think of first round picks as being "risky" being wise picks I'd rather chose more of a polished experienced guy with more than a season under his belt at any given position. Yeah I dont presume to know as much as McBeane but Maybin 2.0 comparisons scare the crap out of me just sayin'.....

1 minute ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Don’t like the pick.  Did not want to invest in an opt-out.

I hope I’m wrong but our 1st picks on D have been meh.   Could have had DK.  Could have had Dobbins.  Will be wishing we had Moore. 

Moore is still available. 

Granted we probably won't go get him in the early 2nd, but for for anybody doubting this because of JOK and/or Moore - they're both still available.

In addition to still having a chance to get them, there's maybe a reason that they're still available...

3 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Don’t like the pick.  Did not want to invest in an opt-out.

I hope I’m wrong but our 1st picks on D have been meh.   Could have had DK.  Could have had Dobbins.  Will be wishing we had Moore. 

Jerry Jones said the same thing just a few days ago and then drafted Micah Parsons