RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

Just now, djp14150 said:

Most analysts have said that with the opt out players, they had no choice but to “leave them where they found them” when they last played. So the only additional info on him is that he opted out and then didn’t test great. I guess at 30 he’s worth the swing based on his film, production and upside. I like that he did a lot  of his damage from the inside. We could use the versatility. They seem to like that type (ie Obada)

1 minute ago, GreggTX said:

At 266, he'll clearly play DE, but what to do at DE now? Hughes is clearly the best DE on the roster and Edge guys often play effectively well into their 30's. Epenesa might turn out OK, but hasn't played well so far. Rousseau could be a project with his limited experience. I very seriously doubt they'll move him inside. Love his ceiling too. He had something like 19.5 TFL and 15.5 sacks in his last full season. That's an insane 35 tackles behind the LOS! He's also played WR and S which tells me he has a good skill set. This also addresses our biggest need. So far, so good.

I haven’t been super impressed with Epenesa as a whole. I’ve questioned him in this thread.  It feels like he projects out to Chris Kelsey. Better than serviceable. I will say I thought AJ was able to be pretty disruptive at time’s at the very backend of the season. It seems like he started to make the most of his limited snaps. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Hughes has had a highly productive career in Buffalo. He may be on the downside now, but even that downside is still the best on the roster at the moment. I’m not looking to replace 2020 JH. We need somebody as disruptive as his 2014-2018 stretch. 

I mean I like Jerry Hughes and all but highly productive? Those 2 10 sack seasons were awesome but since then I would agree to disagree but that's just my opinion. He's been our best pass rusher not named Mario Williams. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Alright that's fair but calling him a bust because you don't like the guy doesn't seem mindless? Just asking.

Again, my opinion, there were Three or four better options. He was a reach as a developmental player in first round playing on a millions of dollars contract. On one year of production...like Aaron May in, except he sucked at his pro day.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Well no.  Kearse was an all-time athletic freak.  Like Rousseau a LOT but he’s not Kearse.

I thought so when I originally saw those comps a few weeks ago..  But Kearse's track #'s wouldn't seem as freakish today.    He ran a 4.58.    Couple inches shorter than Rousseau.   The freaky thing about Kearse were the 11.5" hands.......which is, of course, the freakish thing about Rousseau as well.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

McBeane seems to have a type. Tall, long, productive ends that fall down boards when they disappoint during athletic testing. 

It’s still very early on both, I guess we will see what happens in a few years. Still have 6 picks to go...

The red flag for me was watching that 15 sack season playing at 245, not a weight that's likely to cut it in the NFL. When he took a year off and put on 20-25 lbs, he had a disastrous Pro Day (which I know, isn't an actual game). I hope he can play at this weight, it is a legitimate concern. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Beyond excited. There is no way he falls to where he is if he played this year. Today has been a great day. 

If he had put up double digit sacks again (and Phillips did basically coming in and playing his spot) he would have gone top 10/12 for sure.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1