RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

Brandon Beane loves spending high picks on high upside, high ceiling, physical specimen players, and then trusting his coaches to turn said players into productive pros.

Time will tell on Rousseau. The fact that Oweh and Tryon were picked in the two picks right afterwords is interesting. It'll be fun to watch all three players' careers and see if the Bills made the right choice.

Beane didn't lie. This pick is about the future more so than the present (though Rousseau will able to contribute this year in the DL rotation).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh noes 

I know it doesn't mean anything.  I trust our F.O. I'm just not a big CFB guy so I have to rely on others opinions . Definitely has the upside. Love his versatility.  Can see him moving inside on passing downs

5 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Ill trust beane and mcdermott especially with this but when you watch him he was more effective rushing inside on 3rd downs than he was outside

His COD is abysmal.  I called him Clowney-light for that reason.  He can hold the edge on run downs and for contain on running QBs (Lamar) and rush from the inside on passing downs.  He’s just not a guy you can line up on the edge and expect to get to the QB.  I’d be more excited if he had a quicker first step.  He just seems to lack any real explosiveness which makes me worried about him in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

At 266, he'll clearly play DE, but what to do at DE now? Hughes is clearly the best DE on the roster and Edge guys often play effectively well into their 30's. Epenesa might turn out OK, but hasn't played well so far. Rousseau could be a project with his limited experience. I very seriously doubt they'll move him inside. Love his ceiling too. He had something like 19.5 TFL and 15.5 sacks in his last full season. That's an insane 35 tackles behind the LOS! He's also played WR and S which tells me he has a good skill set. This also addresses our biggest need. So far, so good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Honest question to the college gurus, @MAJBobby @NewEra @GunnerBill

Do you project either Epenesa or Rousseau to be able to replace Hugh’s at a high level in the next 2-3 years? 

We don’t have a huge stable of pass rushers so one of these guys will have to perform at a comparable level or we are in the same spot as we are right now. 

Yes. I think Rousseau wins a different way than Jerry but he can give us Jerry like production. The slight concern is that even with Jerry I think we need a bit more pass rush.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Brandon Beane just said "it was the pick we wanted and it fell our way".

So, if Beane is to be believed, he's the guy they wanted at EDGE. They sure looked happy in the draft room.

Time will tell, but Beane seems really excited about him.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Oliver needs a one technique.  I hope Rousseau isn’t a 1 year wonder.

I hope you weren't expecting a 1T in the 1st Round. There were none remotely worth taking there.