RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Slow and not good but he had 15 1/2 sacks the only year he played? I thought the issue with him was more so lack of experience and taking a year off, not a lack of freakish athletic talent

I love the fact that we have a lineman that big on the DL now. I’m very happy about this. Our line was very undersized last year, this guy is a monster. He may have only produced one year, but in that one year he racked up more sacks than many of the other DEs had in 2-3 years combined. I feel good about this pick.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Honest question to the college gurus, @MAJBobby @NewEra @GunnerBill

Do you project either Epenesa or Rousseau to be able to replace Hugh’s at a high level in the next 2-3 years? 

We don’t have a huge stable of pass rushers so one of these guys will have to perform at a comparable level or we are in the same spot as we are right now. 

I mean I know you didn't ask me but if the bar is a low 4.5 or 5.5 sacks then Epenesa only needs 4.5 more this year.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why is that?

We had a disruptive Dr, a top flight CB and two LBs on the board which were better than this guy who had a year to prepare for his pro day and sucked eggs. Reached for this guy, who won't even come close to starting for at least two years...in the first round.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, 5ths the charm said:

We had a disruptive Dr, a top flight CB and two LBs on the board which were better than this guy who had a year to prepare for his pro day and sucked eggs. Reached for this guy, who won't even come close to starting for at least two years...in the first round.

You should be a GM man, you seem to know what you're talking about.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, DJB said:

This front office struggles to draft Dline

Oliver

Epenesa

Rousseau 

Do we know that this is true though?  Oliver was solid last season and a lot of folks are saying he could take the next step and be a dominating D-lineman next season. Espenesa was playing a lot better at the end of this last season.  He was on the field more and I noticed that he was around the QB a lot.  We could see a big jump in this guy next season.

Rousseau looks like your classic high upside risk at a position of need.  This is exactly what you draft when you're picking at #30.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

I loved the Oliver pick and liked the Epenesa pick as I think most of us did. If we all hate Rousseau then he'll probably end up being a stud.

I loved the Oliver pick and liked the Epenesa pick as I think most of us did. If we all hate Rousseau then he'll probably end up being a stud.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

You can say that again.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, 5ths the charm said:

Hopefully they bring you in for our remaining picks. You seem to know more than anyone else in the draft room

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2