RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

Calais Campbell is a fan

"Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Apr 20

#Miami DE Greg Rousseau is one of the Draft's most challenging evals. One scout called him a “skinny little guy” on tape, but he showed up at his Pro Day 25 pounds heavier. Some wondered about the athleticism, but he’s much bigger now. Plus, he was an opt-out. Lots of questions.

Calais Campbell

@CalaisCampbell

Replying to

@RapSheet

I wonder what the scouts were saying when I was coming out? Not athletic enough? Not strong enough? I am not a scout and I know they have a tough job. But I hope they don’t overthink this one.

@Greg_R5 can play football. He is a playmaker! Shows up in both the run and pass game"

https://caneswarning.com/2021/04/28/why-is-miami-hurricanes-de-greg-rousseau-plummeting-on-nfl-draft-big-boards/

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 1

Hughes doesn't have too much left in the tank, gotta have a replacement for him. With Farley and newsome off the board I don't hate the pick. Bills know they have to get to mahomes and some one athletic enough to run him down. As long as we get CB2 at some point in this draft I'm good with it.

Just now, Southern_Bills said:

Possibly, I don't know enough about him. I'm just saying you pick at 30 and it's hard to get a get up and shout type pick.

Not hating on the prospect at all.

The way I see it, Beane capitalized on a Covid opt out who had a mediocre pro day who was set to be a top 10 pick after his 2019 season. That's absolutely the type of guy you target at the end of the first.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Not good. Slow off ball, a lot off sacks were coverage sacks 

Except that every sack ESPN just showed of him were not coverage sacks at all. 

Did you research that yourself or just taking Mel Kiper's word for it?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes! Great pick. He would have been a top 15 pick if he didn’t opt out, so we got a bargain. 

A lot of people here seem to be saying this in the last few minutes.  It reminds me of what people said about Lawson and how high he should have gone.  It wasn’t true for him and it’s not true for Rousseau. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 2

I just don’t understand how 15.5 sacks is so easily discredited in the acc 

Thats a lot of clean up/coverage sacks 

sign me up for this pick. He looks the part and sat out last year. Maybe he didn’t have the work ethic or drive he needed. Maybe he didn’t have the help and facilities he needed either. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m actually really excited about this. I love his size. 15.5 sacks his freshman year, you can’t fake that, you can’t get lucky that often. 6’7 270lbs, this guy should be a natural at LE. Obviously he will have zero problem against the run and looks to be a quality pass rusher as well. He wasn’t supposed to be here at 30. I’m giving this pick an A+.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Big upside and fills a huge need. I honestly thought he’d be long gone by our pick. In Beane we trust!

I like this pick. This kid is going to be a force and he has a few veterans in his corner.  

• Like (+1) 2