RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami) Public Poll Added

SDS

Draft Pick Approval   

362 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the selection?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/06/2021 at 10:50 PM

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to RD 1, Pick 30: Greg Rousseau, Edge (Miami)

Not a fan of this pick. Would've preferred Samuel Jr, or JOK, or a trade up for Harris/Etienne.

He is talented and may be a great long-term pick. Too much risk for me and I don't think a major contributor this year.

However, I am happy to be completely wrong.😊

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ll refer to the draft gurus here. He was a guy in my peripheral so I don’t know a ton. 

Given the fact we’ve spent our first pick 3 years in a row on Oliver, Epeneza, and Rousseau, I’m not totally sure that’s a dominant line when you factor in the cost. 

Everybody is young and it’s still very wait and see. I have faith Oliver can be a player so we will see. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That is EXACTLY the right approach with a pick at 30.  Take the high upside athlete at a premium position.  

Agreed. Unless you have a plug and play guy that fills a major hole, go get a rare specimen and see what happens 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

I'll have to second this, it's hard to jump through the roof for a guy at pick 30. If he was that great in college he wouldn't be there at 30.

If he had played last year, he wouldn't have been there at 30.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

Definitely seemed like they were trying to find a partner to trade down with how long Beane took to make the pick.  They were kind of stuck in no-man's land with the talent on the board so I'm okay with drafting a high ceiling guy at a position of desperate need.  I don't feel any worse than I would have if they had taken Harris or Etienne anyway.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Bills were terrible for a long time and needed instant impact players. They can now afford to take calculated risk on high ceiling player who can play part time his rookie year.

Well now you’re talking crazy like it’s the 1990s