Bills are my obsession, but excited to see what Urban does !

DrPJax

I was an original club member that bought season tickets to the Jags BEFORE they started playing.  Had to make that commitment two years ahead. Of the team starting.  Had two club seats on the 35 yard line , 8 rows behind the visitors bench.   It was a great experience and I was able to take my Father , who passed away in 2002, to his first pro football game on a Monday night against the Steelers.  The season ticket holder next to us got arrested and taken out in handcuffs for fighting and being drunk that night , promoting my dad to ask “ how much are you paying for this?!”  Lol! 

Kept the seats up until the Bills lost the music city miracle and had they won they would have come to Jax the next week for the AFC championship game. The next week the Titans crushed the jags to go to the SB and the Titans lost on the one yard line. I even got to see Marino’s last game as the fins were destroyed by the Iags and Jimmy Johnson pulled Marino in that game.  So I had some interesting memories.  However, I hated the jags games interfering with my ability to watch the Bills so I gave up my club seats after that year. 

The jags have been terrible and frankly , boring to follow and I have attended just a couple of games since that time. I am originally from Ohio, a big buckeye fan and so now starting the Urban Myer era is interesting and I hope will breathe some life back into the franchise.  Interesting fact; I did my family practice residency for 3 years in an inner city hospital in Toledo, Ohio called Mercy Hospital.  Also did my Med school before that in Toledo so I was up there 6 years before coming to Jax for good.   BOTH Urban and Harbaugh ( Michigan coach) were BORN in that hospital and ai delivered about 50 babies there and attended many more deliveries as the lead resident in Peds responsible for newborn resuscitation!  I am 63 , was in Toledo between ages 21-27 , so I don’t think I was there for those two deliveries.    However, Jax is a small town really so maybe I will run into Urban someday and kid him that I was there for his first breaths so that qualifies me as one of his early fans!  

It’s a small world, and while nothing will ever come between myself and my loyalty to the Bills, tonight we may see Urban begin to start making Jax relevant again. I can’t remember if the Bills come down here this year but if they do , I might finally go back to see our great Bills team down here on our way to the Super Bowl!     Maybe I can finally meet some of you great people after all these years.    Enjoy the draft tonight ,,  I would love to see us draft a playmaker like Harris or Etienne just to make our O that much more unstoppable.   Here’s hoping Beane keeps up his magic and we have a good night. Will also be interesting to see Urbans first draft and the beginning of his NFL era as I already was at least in the delivery suite where it all started for him !  😀😊😎

• Like (+1) 1

Urban is a fraud - I doubt he makes it past 3 years

And having lived in Jacksonville myself during the Tebow era, I know how crappy of an experience going to a game is.  They're barely the 8th most popular team in town, and I'm probably being generous

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I was an original club member that bought season tickets to the Jags BEFORE they started playing.  Had to make that commitment two years ahead. Of the team starting.  Had two club seats on the 35 yard line , 8 rows behind the visitors bench.   It was a great experience and I was able to take my Father , who passed away in 2002, to his first pro football game on a Monday night against the Steelers.  The season ticket holder next to us got arrested and taken out in handcuffs for fighting and being drunk that night , promoting my dad to ask “ how much are you paying for this?!”  Lol! 

Kept the seats up until the Bills lost the music city miracle and had they won they would have come to Jax the next week for the AFC championship game. The next week the Titans crushed the jags to go to the SB and the Titans lost on the one yard line. I even got to see Marino’s last game as the fins were destroyed by the Iags and Jimmy Johnson pulled Marino in that game.  So I had some interesting memories.  However, I hated the jags games interfering with my ability to watch the Bills so I gave up my club seats after that year. 

The jags have been terrible and frankly , boring to follow and I have attended just a couple of games since that time. I am originally from Ohio, a big buckeye fan and so now starting the Urban Myer era is interesting and I hope will breathe some life back into the franchise.  Interesting fact; I did my family practice residency for 3 years in an inner city hospital in Toledo, Ohio called Mercy Hospital.  Also did my Med school before that in Toledo so I was up there 6 years before coming to Jax for good.   BOTH Urban and Harbaugh ( Michigan coach) were BORN in that hospital and ai delivered about 50 babies there and attended many more deliveries as the lead resident in Peds responsible for newborn resuscitation!  I am 63 , was in Toledo between ages 21-27 , so I don’t think I was there for those two deliveries.    However, Jax is a small town really so maybe I will run into Urban someday and kid him that I was there for his first breaths so that qualifies me as one of his early fans!  

It’s a small world, and while nothing will ever come between myself and my loyalty to the Bills, tonight we may see Urban begin to start making Jax relevant again. I can’t remember if the Bills come down here this year but if they do , I might finally go back to see our great Bills team down here on our way to the Super Bowl!     Maybe I can finally meet some of you great people after all these years.    Enjoy the draft tonight ,,  I would love to see us draft a playmaker like Harris or Etienne just to make our O that much more unstoppable.   Here’s hoping Beane keeps up his magic and we have a good night. Will also be interesting to see Urbans first draft and the beginning of his NFL era as I already was at least in the delivery suite where it all started for him !  😀😊😎

it’s cool you’re excited, but Urban will cut and run at the first sight of difficulty. It’s been well documented he’s kinda a scumbag. Pick your heroes wisely I guess? Or not. Whatever

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Here’s the thing in the NFL everyone has bag men to get 5 star talent  it’s called the salary cap 

12 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

He did ok at the amateur level, but I wouldn’t bet on that success translating. 

I really think even the college game was passing him by.  His offense seemed to be stuck in the last iteration of RO and it was horribly disappointing to see him doggedly stick to it even with Haskins at QB.  He was nowhere near a fit for a RO.

The Buckeyes probably dodged a bullet with him leaving and getting Day when they did. 

• Agree 1

Screw the jags and Urban Meyer.  He lost 100% of any respect for him I had when he was protecting that wife beating assistant of his.  I can't wait till he crashes and burns in the NFL and quits after 2 or 3 seasons for "health reasons."

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DrPJax said:

He better show he can evolve because that offense he insisted on running in his prior stops ain't gonna work.

With that owner,  Urban is gonna be gone after a few years, and that dumpster fire of an organization is gonna get kicked out of America and sent to the UK or Mexico, where they will be totally forgotten about until your team has to leave the country to play them, and then they will  be forgotten about again..., kinda like.... now...,