2021 NFL Draft Round 1 talk - Official thread

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

You are coming at it as an Eastern time zone denizen.  8 PM east is 5 PM in the West.   They want as many people watching as possible.   I lived in SF when in the Army in the mid 80s.  Watching football at 10 in the morning stunk.  

I'm fine with that, it's just all the crap around the actual picks that I don't like. They could start later or whatever.

2 hours ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I feel like you may have a crush on Jones considering all the other QB’s received a one sentence description. Jones received 5 🤔 

I like that Belichick asked about ten times if everyone was good with the pick and unenthusiastically says “yeah I’m good with it”. It’s like they were forced. 

I always figured Jones would be the Pats WB so I watched more film on him I figured the other 4 be drafted early. (I was shocked how far Fields fell) 

18 hours ago, Nitro said:

Rousseau sat out last season.   Most of the 15.5 were against teams that were not top 20 squads.  That is why most are not thrilled

15 sacks is an eye popping number but I don’t disagree that they need to be taken in context. Thing is tho there is also the 19 tackles for loss. The two stats complement one another to paint a picture of a guy who lives in the opposition’s backfield. Not all of that can be rationalized as the result of inferior opponents, especially considering that he had never before played the position and seems to have had his share of double teams.

23 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lol. As I said in another thread, Beane lies to you all the time and this board laps it up. He drafted straight need which is exaclty what he should do.  They need to get younger on the DL. This kid has the height and the production you want out of your modern 4-3 DE. 

It's clear they have no intent to move away from Edmunds at MLB. 

A day later and two more picks and your comment isn't holding up so well my man. BBBB Brandon Big Baller Beane. Respect! Don't think he's full of ***** at all personally. 

Edited by beerme1

On 4/30/2021 at 12:28 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

Lol. As I said in another thread, Beane lies to you all the time and this board laps it up. He drafted straight need which is exaclty what he should do.  They need to get younger on the DL. This kid has the height and the production you want out of your modern 4-3 DE. 

It's clear they have no intent to move away from Edmunds at MLB. 

How do you feel this post has aged since Thursday night lol