2021 NFL Draft Round 1 talk - Official thread

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And I trust the coaching staff, nutritionists and such to get him back in football shape and coached up. He is a solid Edge and would have likely been higher if not for the poor workout. My 3rd best on the board. 

Yea he was 4th best remaining on mine. 

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Relax if ya don't like the pick... this FO knows what they are doing!!

6'7'' 265 who opted out last year which caused his stock to drop. 15 sacks in 2019

The opted out part is what people aren't taking into consideration.  Yes, ALL the measurables, needs some seasoning/want-to, but you can't teach the measurables!!!

1 minute ago, Nihilarian said:

Relax if ya don't like the pick... this FO knows what they are doing!!

6'7'' 265 who opted out last year which caused his stock to drop. 15 sacks in 2019

I like the pick. His ceiling is very high and it fits a big time need. I think it's worth a shot considering what was on the board. 

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm really surprised to see JOK fall this far. I've never seen him mocked out of the 1st round.

I'm not.    

When "big nickels" actually start covering stud slot WR's or TE's in the NFL........let me know.

It's mostly a fantasy.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Edge was our biggest need!  The Board fell to the Bills.  They stayed patient and got a stud.  Good pick.

but aren’t we supposed to go BPA not one of four top need guys.  Not hating just hate to hear BPA, BPA and we go need,  JOK was top on board even if we have Milano locked up imagine the schemes with the two of them?  Leslie couldn’t, I guess.  

That said, I trust Beane except with ex-Panthers.   😉

1 minute ago, Muppy said:

shucks, you dont know how this would have beeen HUGE for the family having a domer in the fold Im bummed matey

There are no Bryant and Stratton Golden Nanny Goats either, Mup, but you don’t see me crying out in anguish for all the world to see, do ya?  

The Irish are birthed into a life of pain and misery.  We. Move. On. 

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not.    

When "big nickels" actually start covering stud slot WR's or TE's in the NFL........let me know.

It's mostly a fantasy.

the best way to stop a stud TE is puting QB on the ground, and Rouseau look good in 2019 doing that

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Oweh had zero sacks but is fast. Rousseau had 15.5 last year but is “slow” 

Some of y’all’s heads must be spinning on who you’d rather have 

Rousseau sat out last season.   Most of the 15.5 were against teams that were not top 20 squads.  That is why most are not thrilled

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1