Patriots, Dolphins are among 8 teams with strong interest in Watson

Isn't it awesome.

For 17 years, we couldn't land a franchise QB to save our lives.  Almost every year we finished with 6-8 wins, and just outside the range to draft that guy who would turn out team around.  The years we drafted higher, it was a terrible QB class.

Now the Bills finally land their guy, and we've got Top 5 QBs for sale everywhere.  Anybody want to trade for Aaron Rodgers?  How about Deshaun Watson?  Not your cup of tea?  Let's just watch Justin Fields slide out of the Top 10 of the draft.

17 minutes ago, Nester said:

no no no, 

Please Miami or New England. - I would be ok with them spend all that Capital on a dude who is gonna be on the commissioners exempt list. 

Ok say he doesn't play for 1 year.

He comes back at 26-27 years old with a chip on his shoulder.

No thank you... Will take my chances with Tua as Miami's QB, and whatever NE decides to do at QB. 

Edited by BillsFan130

25 minutes ago, Nester said:

no no no, 

Please Miami or New England. - I would be ok with them spend all that Capital on a dude who is gonna be on the commissioners exempt list. 

This whole sexual assault/criminal investigation into Deshaun Watson was a massive setup by Bob Kraft, thanks to all his connections with the underground massage therapist industry.  Also, Bill O'Brien has been a plant inside Houston's front office the whole time, and still secretly on New England's payroll.

The day Watson gets traded to the Patriots, you will see all 25 women (or however many it is now) say they were lying and drop the charges.

:ph34r:  There I said it.

Edited by mjt328
  • Haha (+1) 3

If Houston still get a massive package they jump at it.  49ers have Jimmy G.  If Watson is suspended or exempt they are covered.  Maybe Florio is on to something that a possible settlement is imminent with how quiet the circus has gotten.

This can’t happen unless there was a settlement of all or nearly all of the suits against him, and it’s getting awfully late in the day for that to happen.  If there was an imminent settlement, we’d know it by now.

Just now, mannc said:

This can’t happen unless there was a settlement of all or nearly all of the suits against him, and it’s getting awfully late in the day for that to happen.  If there was an imminent settlement, we’d know it by now.

Does a civil suit even matter? Even if it did , it wouldn’t deter me from trading for him. He’s that good.

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Does a civil suit even matter? Even if it did , it wouldn’t deter me from trading for him. He’s that good.

How many Billionares want their logo on screen everytime any detail of the case is discussed.

P.S I also would rather have Allen for the next 10 years than Watson.

Edited by Mat68

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

One civil suit wouldn’t; but 23 suits alleging sexual assault would, especially when there is still the possibility of some sort of criminal charges...

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are both top 5, and right now nobody in the division has a QB close to top 5 outside the Bills.... I’d like to keep it that way.... 

The Bills were just a pathetically run organization.... The Patriots are the opposite with Kraft/BB.... they won’t just sit on their hands and do a slow rebuild after a disappointing season. They are aggressive and want immediate results. It’s why they’ve been the best in sports the past two decades.... and why they’ll cheat to get those results. 

As a it being a Bills forum.  I assume someone coming out hard for Watson I assume its they prefer him over Allen.  Preface most teams in the league def feel like that.

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They are both top 5, and right now nobody in the division has a QB close to top 5 outside the Bills.... I’d like to keep it that way.... 

The Bills were just a pathetically run organization.... The Patriots are the opposite with Kraft/BB.... they won’t just sit on their hands and do a slow rebuild after a disappointing season. They are aggressive and want immediate results. It’s why they’ve been the best in sports the past two decades.... and why they’ll cheat to get those results. 

Lets see....  I remember Donahoe and other blowing a bunch in FA.  Its all about a guy.  Can they build 1.  How much was Tom, how much Jimmy G was watching Tom.  How much Rodgers was watching Farve.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Mac Jones to the Patriots would be huge win for the bills tonight. 

No.  The Patriots trading down, because all the QBs they wanted are already gone, would be a huge win.

46 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Isn't it awesome. . . .

Now the Bills finally land their guy, and we've got Top 5 QBs for sale everywhere.  Anybody want to trade for Aaron Rodgers?  How about Deshaun Watson?  Not your cup of tea?  Let's just watch Justin Fields slide out of the Top 10 of the draft.

Russell Wilson is holding on Line 2.   Dont know what he wants . . . he just keeps saying "ahem"

Edited by maddenboy

Watson is gonna be out the league this year and quite possibly next as well. I honestly don't know if he'll ever play again. It's all a moot point until this lengthy legal battle is over. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Isn't it awesome.

For 17 years, we couldn't land a franchise QB to save our lives.  Almost every year we finished with 6-8 wins, and just outside the range to draft that guy who would turn out team around.  The years we drafted higher, it was a terrible QB class.

The year we drafted Josh at 7, our top pick in the 1st round started at #21.  The difference is that Beane had a plan to move up, as far as 5 if he had to.  It's not like we were too far away in other years, our GMs didn't have the guts to trade up for a star, or they were satisfied with guys like Ryan Fitzpatrick & Tyrod Taylor.  Or, they thought drafting a QB outside the top 10 was OK & they went for guys like EJ & JP later in the 1st, when if you look at draft history while the QBs drafted in the top 10 hit 50% of the time, the hit rates drops to about 30% for the rest of the QBs drafted in the 1st round.  Beane came in with a sense of urgency that the past GMs didn't have and proved that you are able to move up in the draft if you have the footballs to do it.  

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Read the date of the tweet. Made about an hour ago. How is that bumping an old post? 

Read between the lines, I was making reference to old news, 😁

Just watch this video, start at about 42:20 for the Josh part, but the whole Palmer interview is good.

Then just remind yourself that we have THAT GUY!  We have Josh Allen.

It doesn't matter who they have!

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Watson is gonna be out the league this year and quite possibly next as well. I honestly don't know if he'll ever play again. It's all a moot point until this lengthy legal battle is over. 

This outcome would not surprise me in the slightest, yet you gotta know someone is gonna pull through trigger if there actually is an opportunity...,