Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

36 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BEANE, GET'ER DON...frick, that's right, we have our guy.

...man, I still having problems getting used to that.

If I told you 2 years ago that you wouldn’t want the Bills to trade for Aaron Rodgers, would you have believed me?

It’s amazing how much has changed and Rodgers was just the MVP.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This dude was just minding his own business, daydreaming about Spider 2 Y Banana, and all of a sudden Julio Jones and Aaron Rodgers are available. Someone's gonna need to take his phone away before he offers his first born.

GIF by Barstool Sports

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

All I'm saying is that Elway wasn't carried by his team to SB wins. He was one of the best qbs in the league those years and actually a SB MVP. 

I was young, but I remember Td, Sharpe and both wrs making big plays on 15 to 20 yard throws.  Im not down grading his play though.  Would you rather pay Manning, Elway, Brady, Rodgers there first or second deals?  I think a fair argurement that getting a guy at the end is better than drafting one.  If you draft one you have to pay.  You get them at the end its cheaper compared to market and instead of a hefty extention in 4 years they ride off in the sunset.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They've wasted enough of his career.  

He should have demanded a trade as soon as the 2020 season ended, after last year's draft and playoff debacle.

Sounds like did.  I think he went public after the 49ers trade leaked.

11 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If I told you 2 years ago that you wouldn’t want the Bills to trade for Aaron Rodgers, would you have believed me?

It’s amazing how much has changed and Rodgers was just the MVP.

This Allen all the way.  

1 hour ago, Boxcar said:

Jesus Christ, what a diva. Ohh boo hoo, I hate playing for a good team.

He's played his entire career in GB and carried that franchise on his back for the vast majority of that time, under an incompetent front office and coaching staff.  

GB is a 5 win team without Rodgers.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The best thing to ever happen to Rodgers was for the Packers to surprisingly draft him in the first round behind a Hall of Famer and then sit him. Now he hates they are doing the same thing to him. He's a dick. 

Hadn't Farve flirted with the idea if retirement at that point?

10 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The best thing to ever happen to Rodgers was for the Packers to surprisingly draft him in the first round behind a Hall of Famer and then sit him. Now he hates they are doing the same thing to him. He's a dick. 

It's definitely not that balck and white.

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It isn't just that. The Packers haven't put a good team around him in years. Their first 3 draft picks were a total waste. They never draft a receiver high. He is sick of carrying the team. And if the latest report is true they lied to him that he would be traded. He has a legitimate gripe with how the organization has treated him.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

They've wasted enough of his career.  

He should have demanded a trade as soon as the 2020 season ended, after last year's draft and playoff debacle.

Actually he did ...

"The reason Rodgers trade demands are coming out now is because he apparently gave the team an ultimatum. According to former ESPN anchor Trey Wingo, the Packers told Rodgers they would trade him this offseason and when they changed their mind, the QB became angry. At some point over the past week, Rodgers told the team that they would have to trade him because he had no plans to play for them ever again."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/irate-aaron-rodgers-wants-packers-to-trade-him-to-one-of-these-three-teams-after-ugly-fallout-in-green-bay/

I hope this is a lesson to Josh .. take less money so you have a team around you. These guys complain, but they absorb all of the salary cap leaving the team to plug in with lesser players. TB is considered the GOAT because he won .. and a reason he won besides he is the GOAT (and he cheats a bit) is because he enabled the Pats to pay other players by not taking the full salary he could have garnered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't just that. The Packers haven't put a good team around him in years. Their first 3 draft picks were a total waste. They never draft a receiver high. He is sick of carrying the team. And if the latest report is true they lied to him that he would be traded. He has a legitimate gripe with how the organization has treated him.

I think they've drafted three offensive players in the first round since Rodgers' year - two offensive tackles and another Quarterback.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Adams is arguably the best WR in the game. They have a great RB and a great line. Tonyans a good TE and had 11 TDs. He won MVP and they were a TD away from the Super Bowl. He's a dick.

29 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Hadn't Farve flirted with the idea if retirement at that point?

Didn't he play three full years for the Pack before Rodgers took over?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

He's been there for 16 (!) seasons and only has a single ring. Everything else aside, he really owes them nothing and should move on for the sake of his own legacy. The way some are commenting, it's as if he's expected to play in Green Bay until his arm falls off or he pays them. Ridiculous. And I personally find Rodgers terribly unlikeable. Probably only behind Brady and Cousins on the QB hate scale.

31 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Actually he did ...

"The reason Rodgers trade demands are coming out now is because he apparently gave the team an ultimatum. According to former ESPN anchor Trey Wingo, the Packers told Rodgers they would trade him this offseason and when they changed their mind, the QB became angry. At some point over the past week, Rodgers told the team that they would have to trade him because he had no plans to play for them ever again."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/irate-aaron-rodgers-wants-packers-to-trade-him-to-one-of-these-three-teams-after-ugly-fallout-in-green-bay/

I hope this is a lesson to Josh .. take less money so you have a team around you. These guys complain, but they absorb all of the salary cap leaving the team to plug in with lesser players. TB is considered the GOAT because he won .. and a reason he won besides he is the GOAT (and he cheats a bit) is because he enabled the Pats to pay other players by not taking the full salary he could have garnered.

It helps when your wife makes twice as much as you make every year.

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

He retired the first time in 2008 before coming back to play for the Vikings but he was talking about it before that.

https://www.packers.com/news/ap-story-brett-favre-to-return-to-packers-in-2005-2458548

Understood. Thanks for link and reminder. Although that article was before the draft saying Favre was coming back to play, and wanted to continue playing as long as he was healthy. And was coming off a great year of 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs. 

I hope we never become the team that neglects it’s franchise QB, refuses to get him weapons, and generally pisses him off. Clearly, that hasn’t been the case so far. I can think of nothing as important as keeping an elite QB happy.