Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

Aaron does not want to leave GB, but was pissed off when they drafted Love rather than other weapons.

Despite media reports, he wants to finish his career there.  A close friend of mine is very close to him and has said multiple times that he gets played up as a diva, but isn’t at all

• Like (+1) 2

I was listening to the radio while driving around today. I caught part of a sports show where the host was talking about the Packers QB situation. The host described Love's recent performance in an 11 on 11 drill as dismal. Interceptions. Sacks. A stretch of 7 plays where 6 were check downs to the RB. The host said that there was no reason for Love to be raw any more. He pointed out Love had started over 30 games in college, and was in his second year in the NFL. He pointed out the quality of play we saw from Burrow and Herbert as rookies.

Obviously Love will be given plenty more opportunities, so we'll see if he's able to improve upon his recent dismal performance in practice. In the meantime, however, the Packers need to work with the information they have. It is probably much better for the careers of everyone involved in the Love selection, if Love stays on the bench for as long as possible.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:06 AM, TheFunPolice said:

If the Packers trade for Julio Jones all of a sudden this will all be "a huge media creation" and the problem would go right away

Unless they trade Aaron for him 

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/murphy-rodgers-saga-dividing-fan-base

"The situation we face with Aaron Rodgers has divided our fan base. The emails and letters that I've received reflect this fact. As I wrote here last month, we remain committed to resolving things with Aaron and want him to be our quarterback in 2021 and beyond. We are working to resolve the situation and realize that the less both sides say publicly, the better."

3 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Seems like that they are nowhere to getting a solution to solve with Aaron. It is going from bad to worse and beyond that.

Rodgers wanted them to fire Gutekunst.  If that's still on the table, that might be the only way to salvage this.

I wouldn't want my QB dictating front office personnel, so I get GB not doing that. 

That said, use crisis as an opportunity. Offer Rodgers to Seattle for Wilson straight up and see what happens. GB might seem to be getting the better of that deal due to the age difference, but IMO Rodgers is the better QB and could still easily play 6-7 years, so the age difference isn't as stark. 

Wilson played college ball in Wisconsin, so there's a connection there. Wilson wants to be more out East, Rodgers want out West. Both QBs seem to want a change of scenery. 

Green Bay looks like a winner getting a younger, Super Bowl winning QB with local ties, who has also played in more Super Bowls than Rodgers.

Seattle gets the league MVP with a chip on his shoulder for a good 5 years, maybe 6-7.  Seattle looks like the winner getting the reigning league MVP and avoiding a similar situation with Wilson in the future. 

Everyone wins, which is why it won't happen. Instead, pride and ego will make Green Bay dig in and get nothing, the team will win 4-5 games with Love/Bortles, and Lefleur, who probably had no say in any of this, will take the fall. 

No matter what, the front office will want to look like they were "right" so zero change the GM gets fired, and they don't have an owner. It'll be the HC not developing Love the right way, and they'll find some other coordinator to come in and really "make it all work."

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I wouldn't want my QB dictating front office personnel, so I get GB not doing that. 

That said, use crisis as an opportunity. Offer Rodgers to Seattle for Wilson straight up and see what happens. GB might seem to be getting the better of that deal due to the age difference, but IMO Rodgers is the better QB and could still easily play 6-7 years, so the age difference isn't as stark. 

Wilson played college ball in Wisconsin, so there's a connection there. Wilson wants to be more out East, Rodgers want out West. Both QBs seem to want a change of scenery. 

Green Bay looks like a winner getting a younger, Super Bowl winning QB with local ties, who has also played in more Super Bowls than Rodgers.

Seattle gets the league MVP with a chip on his shoulder for a good 5 years, maybe 6-7.  Seattle looks like the winner getting the reigning league MVP and avoiding a similar situation with Wilson in the future. 

Everyone wins, which is why it won't happen. Instead, pride and ego will make Green Bay dig in and get nothing, the team will win 4-5 games with Love/Bortles, and Lefleur, who probably had no say in any of this, will take the fall. 

No matter what, the front office will want to look like they were "right" so zero change the GM gets fired, and they don't have an owner. It'll be the HC not developing Love the right way, and they'll find some other coordinator to come in and really "make it all work."

Why trade for Wilson when they drafted their QB of the future and caused all of this madness.  Might as well stock on on picks to surround Love with some good weapons, defense, OL.  If he fails, they look real bad.  Drafting a player that would eventually cause an all time great to force a trade.....the year after he won mvp and led them to back to back nfcccg’s.  Looking better and better every day!  Especially after reading his camp reports 🤣

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

Daboll's next gig?

39 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Love is apparently having a terrible OTA so far. But because the Packers once drafted Aaron Rodgers when Favre was the QB, that means you can't criticize the pick.

Yup.  They always replace their HOF QBs with HOF'ers.  Well at least since Favre...

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Love is apparently having a terrible OTA so far. But because the Packers once drafted Aaron Rodgers when Favre was the QB, that means you can't criticize the pick.

Yeah, well Ted Thompson isn't calling the shots anymore on those picks and we see how the FO has been going about things since 2018. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

The front office/GM which drafted Rodgers is not the same one which drafted Love. Also, they're two completely different prospects. Rodgers' draft report praised him for having been an accurate passer in college and good at processing visual information quickly. In contrast, Love was described as a "raw" prospect with great physical tools who needed to improve on his accuracy and information processing ability.

As far as Love's scouting report goes: I'll grant that scouting reports can sometimes be wrong. Sometimes a player can improve. Sometimes a player who lacks good accuracy or fast information processing ability can find his way into a Greg Roman offense, where you don't need to be a great passer to have success.

If Love's supporters want to find examples in support of their argument, they should be looking at QBs who came into the NFL with great physical tools, but with limited accuracy or information processing ability, who went on to have success. Aaron Rodgers is not an example of that type of quarterback, and it's ridiculous his name gets bandied about as a reason to trust the Love pick.