Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m very gruntled (happy, humorous) that Rodgers is disgruntled.  I had to look it up as I honestly have never used the term gruntled, nor even heard someone use it in a sentence.  I might today just to mess with people in a lighthearted way of course.

That guy is such a diva.  He p....s and moans about everything.  Why he even was upset about the Love pick was silly.  He was never real competition for him.  Love is a long term grooming project for a couple of years from now.  

With all due respect, he wasn’t upset because he thought Love was competition for him. We all know the thought of that competition would be laughable.  While I haven’t talked to AR myself, everything I’ve read insinuates that he was upset because they weren’t using their resources to help the team win now.....with him.  Rather they used their draft picks to build for a future without AR.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The most SB ready team without a QB is the Saints. I wonder if that would ever happen. I’m sure they want him out of the conference but I don’t see an afc team that is a QB away or has a better roster than GB.

Why do the packers care about trading him to a team that is closest to winning a SB?  One would think that they would be looking for the best package of picks in the AFC.  Let’s use Denver for instance...🤣.  If Denver offered the best package of picks for AR, would GB refuse the trade because the don’t think Denver could win a SB with him?  No.  That’s just silly.  

are you insinuating that there aren’t any teams that would be willing to trade for AR because they aren’t a QB away from winning a SB?  I don’t really understand the premise of the bolded.  What does this have to do with GB?  Rodgers doesn’t have a no trade clause, they can send him wherever they want.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why do the packers care about trading him to a team that is closest to winning a SB?  One would think that they would be looking for the best package of picks in the AFC.  Let’s use Denver for instance...🤣.  If Denver offered the best package of picks for AR, would GB refuse the trade because the don’t think Denver could win a SB with him?  No.  That’s just silly.  

are you insinuating that there aren’t any teams that would be willing to trade for AR because they aren’t a QB away from winning a SB?  I don’t really understand the premise of the bolded.  What does this have to do with GB?  Rodgers doesn’t have a no trade clause, they can send him wherever they want.

There not going to send him in the NFC, I don't care what teams offer.  If the Broncos offer them 3 firsts and a few players aka maybe Locke & Surtain I am unloading him in a heartbeat.  He only has a few good years left anyways.  

Just now, Gordio said:

There not going to send him in the NFC, I don't care what teams offer.  If the Broncos offer them 3 firsts and a few players aka maybe Locke & Surtain I am unloading him in a heartbeat.  He only has a few good years left anyways.  

Yeah; I realize this and stated as much in the post ..but what does this have to do with the post that I quoted.

6 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Their guy they just drafted in the 1st and 3 more 1st round picks??  Elway might be dumb enough to pull that off lol.

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah; I realize this and stated as much in the post ..but what does this have to do with the post that I quoted.

Green Bay will send him to a super bowl contender, just not in the NFC.  Also put in AR on a lot of teams & they instantly would become super bowl contenders.

35 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Their guy they just drafted in the 1st and 3 more 1st round picks??  Elway might be dumb enough to pull that off lol.

Yeah highly doubtful and it is steep, but desperate teams do desperate things.  I mean the Rams sent two first round picks and their former #1 pick to the Lions for a guy that has never won anything.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Green Bay will send him to a super bowl contender, just not in the NFC.  Also put in AR on a lot of teams & they instantly would become super bowl contenders.

Yeah highly doubtful and it is steep, but desperate teams do desperate things.  I mean the Rams sent two first round picks and their former #1 pick to the Lions for a guy that has never won anything.

Packers should jump if that's the offer.

Oh dear. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

No, I’m saying there from the other side of the trade - there aren’t any teams in the AFC who would be willing to give up what GB would want in return, because they aren’t a QB away. He will be expected to walk in and win a SB. Who in the AFC has that level of roster and no SB-caliber QB? Saints otoh..

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Oh dear. 

No, I’m saying there from the other side of the trade - there aren’t any teams in the AFC who would be willing to give up what GB would want in return, because they aren’t a QB away. He will be expected to walk in and win a SB. Who in the AFC has that level of roster and no SB-caliber QB? Saints otoh..

Gotcha.

I think Denver COULD win a title with AR within the next couple years.  Their secondary is one of the best in the league now imo.  Solid DL.  Very good weapons at RB, WR and TE.  Improving OL that gets wrecked by injuries every year.  

The Raiders wouldn’t win a SB but they would be more relevant for the next 3-4 years if they gm could keep him happy.  

The Patriots could win a SB with him with proper moves over the next year or two. 

The Dolphins could win a super bowl with the proper moves.  

the Steelers.....the ravens.....the Browns.....the titans....the colts.  

idk....

The real question is, imo, how many picks will it take and can the teams make the proper cap adjustments to make it work.  If it takes 2 1st rd picks, I think there could be quite a few suitors in the afc.  Just because a team has a tier 2-3 QB, i don’t think it disqualifies them from wanting to trade for one of the top 3 QBs in the league that just had his best season.  Making it fit under the cap is the tricky part.  Not impossible though 

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

With all due respect, he wasn’t upset because he thought Love was competition for him. We all know the thought of that competition would be laughable.  While I haven’t talked to AR myself, everything I’ve read insinuates that he was upset because they weren’t using their resources to help the team win now.....with him.  Rather they used their draft picks to build for a future without AR.  

I know his claims and they haven’t used their first round picks for the last 10 years on offensive weapons except Love, but he was very boisterous yet cryptic on the pick of love vs. a WR.

so, arguing about if rogers is a baby or the goat who was hard done by, can this even happen?  anyone got an insight as to what team might end up going for him?

although it won't ever happen, i think if he went to cleveland they'd be a top 3 team to win the chip this year.

6 hours ago, colin said:

so, arguing about if rogers is a baby or the goat who was hard done by, can this even happen?  anyone got an insight as to what team might end up going for him?

although it won't ever happen, i think if he went to cleveland they'd be a top 3 team to win the chip this year.

I think he deserves the Texans, but not as much as Deshaun does.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly the top 5 WRs are not in camp for Packers.  They have 79 of the 89 players there.

https://www.wataugademocrat.com/sports/national_sports/where-are-the-wideouts-packers-practice-without-top-five-five-receivers-and-matt-lafleur-isn/article_b89e59db-f6be-501e-88db-0bd258dd8383.html

Asked if he knew if their absences from the technically voluntary practices were part of some sort of boycott or statement, LaFleur replied: “I really don’t know. I’ve had individual conversations with each guy, but never once has that come up.

On 5/11/2021 at 11:36 AM, TheFunPolice said:

I think Rodgers on the Steelers or Saints would be a lot of fun.

Won't happen either way but a lot more fun than Denver.

I think Rodgers putting on cement boots and jumping of a pier so we don’t have to hear his name anymore would be fun tastic !!!

Edited by Putin
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I think Rodgers putting on cement boots and jumping of a pier so we don’t have to hear his name anymore would be fun tastic !!!

It would never work. There'd be constant debate about whether it was suicide or murder. Either way there'd be debate about the motive. If murder, there would also be debate about who the culprit was. You'd never hear the end of it!

• Haha (+1) 2