Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Jordan Love didn’t draft himself. 

yeah....the point you make doesn’t help your cause.  Legendary franchise that is known for getting HoF QBs and not winning enough Super Bowls with them.  

their draft last year was a joke.  Not one contribution to last years team.  Rodgers wants the GM gone.  Can’t blame him. 

Dillon ran for 5.3 per and a couple of TDs.  Runyon filled in well on the O-line for injured vets and did well.

The reason that the  "they got him no weapons" take is so dumb, is because it's so easily proven false. Despite the draft being "a joke", the weapons they already had on the roster played better than the year before.  Despite the draft being a "joke", the Packers went from being the 15th in scoring, to the number 1 scoring Offense in the league--it went up 35% to over 500 points. The Packers are the only team in the NFL that had a WR, a RB and a TE with 11 or more TDs each.  

35% increase in scoring in a single season, number 1 scoring team in the league for only the 4rd time in the franchise's last 58 seasons, 3 skill players with double digit TDs, a league MVP QB.........and the conclusion is that Rodgers didn't have enough weapons in 2020?

Yeah, that's obviously nonsense.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dillon ran for 5.3 per and a couple of TDs.  Runyon filled in well on the O-line for injured vets and did well.

The reason that the  "they got him no weapons" take is so dumb, is because it's so easily proven false. Despite the draft being "a joke", the weapons they already had on the roster played better than the year before.  Despite the draft being a "joke", the Packers went from being the 15th in scoring, to the number 1 scoring Offense in the league--it went up 35% to over 500 points. The Packers are the only team in the NFL that had a WR, a RB and a TE with 11 or more TDs each.  

35% increase in scoring in a single season, number 1 scoring team in the league for only the 4rd time in the franchise's last 58 seasons, 3 skill players with double digit TDs, a league MVP QB.........and the conclusion is that Rodgers didn't have enough weapons in 2020?

Yeah, that's obviously nonsense.

Bro.....I’ve never said anything about weapons.  I thought they needed defense last year. The niners ran over them for 230+ yards.  They had one quality CB....which we saw in the NFCCG.  

you’re really going to use dillons YPC to show that he contributed?  242 yards and 2 TDs.  The packers starter averaged 5.5 yards with 155 more carries.  Yeah hey threw Dillon 11 passes.  He caught 2.  He had 44 yards in the playoffs  He contributed nothing.  

their draft class contributed nothing to their success last season. You disagree.  You’re wrong.  And it’s ok to be wrong.  You’re used to it.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Bro.....I’ve never said anything about weapons.  I thought they needed defense last year. The niners ran over them for 230+ yards.  They had one quality CB....which we saw in the NFCCG.  

you’re really going to use dillons YPC to show that he contributed?  242 yards and 2 TDs.  The packers starter averaged 5.5 yards with 155 more carries.  Yeah hey threw Dillon 11 passes.  He caught 2.  He had 44 yards in the playoffs  He contributed nothing.  

their draft class contributed nothing to their success last season. You disagree.  You’re wrong.  And it’s ok to be wrong.  You’re used to it.  

You are pretending you aren’t following the posts i was responding to. Anyway, What if they drafted no one in 2020?

Didn’t matter.  Defense still improved, Offense massively improved.  This is fact.  But now GMs gotta go when rookies don’t contribute much to a championship caliber roster??  

Rodgers has no basis for demanding the firing of his GM. That FO put together a team that got to them to NFCC game 2 years in a row....and he should be canned because the players  (and coach) couldn’t get it done?   You can repeat that  a hundred more times to yourself in the mirror—-still won’t make any more sense. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

These takes are nuts, but too common.  The team they put around him this past season;

top 10 D

9th in passing

8th in rushing

1100 yard RB with 9 rushing and 2 receiving TDs, plus a 3rd year guy who is getting better every year (690 yards at 21 YPC!!)

1375 yard 18 TD WR

586 yard 11 TD TE

You could argue that, other than WR (where even there, it's close), that Rodgers had more quality weapons than Josh was "given".   Maybe Josh should demand a trade??

Oh, then there was this season ending, SB  hopes dashing decision by PackerDonna:

image.png.693b22baa7dcc8179c502d5813f05431.png

Nuts?  Yeah, ok.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the very best QBs this game has ever seen.  He makes the people around him better.

I remember some Peyton Manning offenses looking very healthy in Indy, then boom!  They're 2-14 without him.

And if your claims were true then the Packers would have accepted a haul for Aaron and rode with Jordan Love, you know, since the team around him would be so great.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You are pretending you aren’t following the posts i was responding to. Anyway, What if they drafted no one in 2020?

Didn’t matter.  Defense still improved, Offense massively improved.  This is fact.  But now GMs gotta go when rookies don’t contribute much to a championship caliber roster??  

Rodgers has no basis for demanding the firing of his GM. That FO put together a team that got to them to NFCC game 2 years in a row....and he should be canned because the players  (and coach) couldn’t get it done?   You can repeat that  a hundred more times to yourself in the mirror—-still won’t make any more sense. 

You’re acting as if rookies can’t have a positive impact on a teams ability to win games.  Just because their defense improved, that doesn’t mean that adding rookies to their team couldn’t have had an even bigger impact on their improvement.  

The Bucs won a super bowl with their first 2 picks both playing very productive roles in their teams success.  

In most cases, adding good players that actually play, makes a team at least a little better. Better enough to beat the eventual Sb champs in the nfccg? We’ll never know.  

as I’ve said all along.  The only thing we DO KNOW:  the packers draft picks contributed nothing to their success last season.  Zilch

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My buddy is a Lions fan and has always hated Rodgers. I was alway indifferent,  but as now that I've been paying more attention over the last few years, he comes off as kind of a smug tool. 

I definitely agree, he acts so miserable all the time.

23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re acting as if rookies can’t have a positive impact on a teams ability to win games.  Just because their defense improved, that doesn’t mean that adding rookies to their team couldn’t have had an even bigger impact on their improvement.  

The Bucs won a super bowl with their first 2 picks both playing very productive roles in their teams success.  

In most cases, adding good players that actually play, makes a team at least a little better. Better enough to beat the eventual Sb champs in the nfccg? We’ll never know.  

as I’ve said all along.  The only thing we DO KNOW:  the packers draft picks contributed nothing to their success last season.  Zilch

His position all along has been that the Packers were as good as they were ever going to get last year and that rookies wouldn't have helped.  That draft class was foolish (drafting replacements for a stud QB and RB with your first 2 picks?) and they contributed almost nothing to the team.

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Nuts?  Yeah, ok.

Aaron Rodgers is one of the very best QBs this game has ever seen.  He makes the people around him better.

I remember some Peyton Manning offenses looking very healthy in Indy, then boom!  They're 2-14 without him.

And if your claims were true then the Packers would have accepted a haul for Aaron and rode with Jordan Love, you know, since the team around him would be so great.

Yes, great QBs make others around them better.  Breaking news right?  

And was it a great shock to you that the Colts went 2-14 with Curtis Painter?  Impossible to see that coming, right?  Note that the Broncos won a SB despite awful QBing by Manning.

The Packers would be crazy not to ride Rodgers til he's retired....specifically because they see how good this team is right now.  Your comment makes no sense.

It's easy to see (and I've shown you)...that Offense got significantly better this season, just by each player getting better.  Several of them were drafts within the past 2-5 years. 

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No, I'm not.  You made that up.

The GM's first year, they were 6-9 with Rodgers.  Then. 2 13-3 seasons/Division wins/NFCC games--and the GM's gotta go.  Again, well argued....

That draft had no impact, correct.  They got better on both sides of the ball despite it.  The FO put a very talented team on the filed.  They players, including Rodgers, couldn't execute. 

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

His position all along has been that the Packers were as good as they were ever going to get last year and that rookies wouldn't have helped.  That draft class was foolish (drafting replacements for a stud QB and RB with your first 2 picks?) and they contributed almost nothing to the team.

Didn't matter.  Massive improvement.  That lineup got Rodgers an MVP.  

But yeah, I quite some time ago admitted I was wrong in that they couldn't;'t get better with (insert rookie name here) this season.  They got much better, in fact--without "almost nothing" from the rookies.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

But yeah, I quite some time ago admitted I was wrong in that they couldn't;'t get better with (insert rookie name here) this season.  They got much better, in fact--without "almost nothing" from the rookies.

The Bucs would have gotten better without their rookie class.  The fact is that it helped them.  The Pack's didn't mostly because they chose guys who were backups at best, while how good they are still remains to be seen. 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The Bucs would have gotten better without their rookie class.  The fact is that it helped them.  The Pack's didn't mostly because they chose guys who were backups at best, while how good they are still remains to be seen. 

You can’t escape the fact that despite the rookies not helping,  the team got even better after or despite that draft. It’s impossible to say they suffered (especially the offense) due to that draft.  All data shows the opposite.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

You can’t escape the fact that despite the rookies not helping,  the team got even better after or despite that draft. It’s impossible to say they suffered (especially the offense) due to that draft.  All data shows the opposite.

Like I said before, you're under the delusion that they couldn't have gotten any better with better choices in rookies.  That's patently absurd.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, great QBs make others around them better.  Breaking news right?  

And was it a great shock to you that the Colts went 2-14 with Curtis Painter?  Impossible to see that coming, right?  Note that the Broncos won a SB despite awful QBing by Manning.

The Packers would be crazy not to ride Rodgers til he's retired....specifically because they see how good this team is right now.  Your comment makes no sense.

It's easy to see (and I've shown you)...that Offense got significantly better this season, just by each player getting better.  Several of them were drafts within the past 2-5 years. 

No, I'm not.  You made that up.

The GM's first year, they were 6-9 with Rodgers.  Then. 2 13-3 seasons/Division wins/NFCC games--and the GM's gotta go.  Again, well argued....

That draft had no impact, correct.  They got better on both sides of the ball despite it.  The FO put a very talented team on the filed.  They players, including Rodgers, couldn't execute. 

You have said multiple times that a rookie wouldn’t have enough impact to change the fortunes of a teams season. The packers lost by one score in the AFCCG....a rookie MAY HAVE been the difference in a win and a loss in that game.  It’s true. 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like I said before, you're under the delusion that they couldn't have gotten any better with better choices in rookies.  That's patently absurd.

They did get better.  On Defense and clearly on Offense.  How many more TDs would Rodgers have thrown?  How much more of an MVP could he have been?  How many more games would they have won?  Only one game mattered--the last one against the ultimate SB winner..  And the HC and QB choked away the game in the end. Jog 10 yards untouched for the tying TD and maybe they are in the SB. What 1st round rookie was going to change any of that?  

Name him.

Edited by Mr. WEO

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You have said multiple times that a rookie wouldn’t have enough impact to change the fortunes of a teams season. The packers lost by one score in the AFCCG....a rookie MAY HAVE been the difference in a win and a loss in that game.  It’s true. 

See above.  Rodgers jogs 10 open yards into the EZ they tie the game.

But ok, let's say there's a 1% chance that somehow, some unnamed rookie could have altered the outcome of that game/quarter/play.  That leaves 99% likelihood he would have had no such impact. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

See above.  Rodgers jogs 10 open yards into the EZ they tie the game.

But ok, let's say there's a 1% chance that somehow, some unnamed rookie could have altered the outcome of that game/quarter/play.  That leaves 99% likelihood he would have had no such impact. 

Yeah....and we can’t talk about what the rookies would’ve/could’ve done because he’s not even on the team. We’ve done this too many times.  If I make a Rodgers comment, it’s ingrained in you that you must have the same debate. Over.  And over.  And over.  

the rookies did nothing.  Zero positive impact on the season.....and they could have if they didn’t draft the way they did.  There’s nothing to argue here.  My point is absolutely correct.  I can’t prove that a rookie would’ve made a difference and helped them win a SB.....and you can’t prove that they wouldn’t have.  So....yeah.  Continue 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah....and we can’t talk about what the rookies would’ve/could’ve done because he’s not even on the team. We’ve done this too many times.  If I make a Rodgers comment, it’s ingrained in you that you must have the same debate. Over.  And over.  And over.  

the rookies did nothing.  Zero positive impact on the season.....and they could have if they didn’t draft the way they did.  There’s nothing to argue here.  My point is absolutely correct.  I can’t prove that a rookie would’ve made a difference and helped them win a SB.....and you can’t prove that they wouldn’t have.  So....yeah.  Continue 

I don't have to.  Rodgers and the Packers already did that.  No rookies.  Team got better.  

No need to continue.  

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They did get better.  On Defense and clearly on Offense.  How many more TDs would Rodgers have thrown?  How much more of an MVP could he have been?  How many more games would they have won?  Only one game mattered--the last one against the ultimate SB winner..  And the HC and QB choked away the game in the end.  What 1st round rookie was going to change any of that?  

Name him.

Yeah they got better on offense, no thanks whatsoever to Love and Dillon.  But Tampa had some pretty good offensive weapons who were able to allow Winston to pass for over 5,100 yards, but still went out and got Gronk and then AB.  So there goes that theory that more offense wouldn't have helped.  The same applies to defense, again coming off a manhandling by the 49'ers.

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't have to.  Rodgers and the Packers already did that.  No rookies.  Team got better.  

No need to continue.  

No....my point is that a ROOKIE (not named Jordan Love and the other draft pick that they traded to move up for him) could’ve been the difference in them winning the super bowl).  It’s impossible to prove incorrect.....so you have, in essence, proven nothing.  Except that you enjoy writing the same things over and over and over and over again, 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

What's with the the cougar in the polka dots? Everyone is like mid 30's or younger and she's got to be in her 50's.

That’s AJ Hawk’s wife (Brady Quinn’s sister), they live in Columbus... famous for the 1/2 osu 1/2 ND Jersey at the fiesta bowl about 14 yrs ago ...she’s in her 30s, maybe a bad pic 

Edited by YoloinOhio