Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Where did LaFleur come from?

Clearly an advisory committee...

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

He’ll die on this hill alone as if he’s defending his children from being eaten by mountain lions.  I heard that Gute might actually be low key responsible for the drafting of Rodgers too. 

what sucks the most about this whole debacle is that we’re going to have to deal with Rodgers in the AFC. 

One of several.  Earlier it was the "Rodgers didn't need anymore help" despite the fact that the Bucs got his hero 2 more Pro Bowl receivers to go with the 2 he had when he joined them...

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

One of several.  Earlier it was the "Rodgers didn't need anymore help" despite the fact that the Bucs got his hero 2 more Pro Bowl receivers to go with the 2 he had when he joined them...

Oh yes!  The famous advisory committee!

How many Bucs had at least 11 TDs?  Oh yeah.  1.  And Brady brought Gronk off the couch.  But that AB....

Rodgers could have been a "hero", had he simply walked into the EZ to tie the game.  Guess he needed another roster rookie to tell him that at the time?  If only they had drafted that guy....

But you're right.  Think of all the Pro Bowlers NE drafted to keep Tommy Boy happy and winning SB's for all those years.  I'm sure he blames his GM and HC for years of neglect that prevented him from reaching his true potential. 

lol

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

And had two rookie starters that were first team all rookie team.  One of which had 6 tackles, 2 pass deflection and an interception in the Super Bowl.  The other opening holes so the Bucs RBs could run for 150 yards on 28 carries as Tom Brady was sacked one time vs the same D that sacked Josh Allen 4 times and had him running for his life all game.  But rookies could never help a team that made the NFCCG the previous year to get over the hump. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh yes!  The famous advisory committee!

How many Bucs had at least 11 TDs?  Oh yeah.  1.  And Brady brought Gronk off the couch.  But that AB....

Rodgers could have been a "hero", had he simply walked into the EZ to tie the game.  Guess he needed another roster rookie to tell him that at the time?  If only they had drafted that guy....

But you're right.  Think of all the Pro Bowlers NE drafted to keep Tommy Boy happy and winning SB's for all those years.  I'm sure he blames his GM and HC for years of neglect that prevented him from reaching his true potential. 

lol

Yes, the famous advisory committee that you claimed the Bills used to hire McDermott.  Be consistent for once.

Yeah, Tommy brought both Goonk and AB to the Bucs.  I already said that.  Thanks for admitting it.

Maybe Rodgers just needs to cheat more?

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And had two rookie starters that were first team all rookie team.  One of which had 6 tackles, 2 pass deflection and an interception in the Super Bowl.  The other opening holes so the Bucs RBs could run for 150 yards on 28 carries as Tom Brady was sacked one time vs the same D that sacked Josh Allen 4 times and had him running for his life all game.  But rookies could never help a team that made the NFCCG the previous year to get over the hump. 

The Bucs should have drafted a QB in the first round last year.  No wait, that would have been dumb...

Edited by Doc

i don't really have a strong opinion on this, did gb f up or is rogers a baby?  could be both!

i gotta say tho, i'm liking the holy war going on in this thread!  i really don't get how people get so passionate about players and teams who aren't the bills.  if they aren't the group you have a rooting interest in, i just can't see how someone cares.  good bantz tho!

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

What do the Packers think of Love? Supposedly, they've received king's ransom type offers for Rodgers. Rodgers has publicly demanded a trade. If your QB is demanding a trade, and if you've been offered a king's ransom for him, and if you've promised him he'd be traded, and if you're confident the guy you've drafted is your next franchise QB, why not pull the trigger? 

The obvious explanation is that the Packers are not confident Love will be their next franchise QB. If Rodgers gets traded away two things happen: 1) Love's true level of play gets revealed (bust?) and 2) the Packers no longer have arguably the greatest QB in NFL history to prop up their winning percentage. The combination of those two things could be disastrous for the careers of the Packers' GM and head coach. In an effort to avoid that disaster the Packers have evidently chosen not to trade him away, hoping that he won't follow through on his threat to hold out. 

i dunno dude, i figure they are just really conservative and don't want to lose rogers, and based on what i've read it seems like he's always whining and aching over something, so maybe they thought this would pass.

they kept rogers on the pine for a couple few seasons w favre as the starter, and then he came on like gangbusters.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Perhaps I missed something, but doesn't Rodgers have a no-trade clause?

I have a vision of Beane's contract negotiations with Allen and his representatives:

Allen: "Want a no trade clause in the contract.  Feel strongly."

Beane: "I can appreciate that, but from the team side, look at the problem created when guys like Watson and Rodgers become loudly and publicly dissatisfied, but that no trade clause hamstrings the team from moving on"

Allen: "OK, you can put a second clause in there if I ever become a whiny little b--- trashing the team in public, the no-trade clause is off"

Rodgers does not have a no trade clause - I posted it earlier. 

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meaning no offense but is that known for sure?

Reports often frame their wording so they can backtrack and weasel-evade-omissions like P😡ts but not in this case. 

(speaking of weasels http://www.cbssports.com/general/video/e59393cf-4f84-41b3-a996-ed9c470f9460)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-wants-out-of-green-bay-when-troubles-began-where-its-all-headed-and-packers-2021-draft-plans/

Rodgers does not have a no-trade clause in his contract. But he also has no more guaranteed money left on his deal, which included a $57.5 million signing bonus that at the time was the largest in NFL history. 

Edited by Limeaid

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Yes, the famous advisory committee that you claimed the Bills used to hire McDermott.  Be consistent for once.

Yeah, Tommy brought both Goonk and AB to the Bucs.  I already said that.  Thanks for admitting it.

The Bucs should have drafted a QB in the first round last year.  No wait, that would have been dumb...

On 3/30/2021 at 7:36 AM, Mr. WEO said:

True.  Their only success in total for their tenure as pro sports owners in Buffalo comes down to the (as it turns out) lucky hiring of McD.  McD got Beane.

The rest is fumbling and bumbling.

On 3/30/2021 at 8:00 AM, Mr. WEO said:

Where was that committee when he hired Rex?

Look, it's their 1 good hire ever.  I can assume it was luck, given the rest of their Bills/Sabres resume.  Sure, you could say that any good hire is "lucky", but show me another multi-sport owner with a similar record of hiring "bad luck". 

As for Gronk and AB, you didn't "already say" Brady brought them in, you said:

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Anyway...

Remember when, right after NE lost the Conference Championship game and they drafted his replacement (and SF starting QB) instead of "getting him more weapons", Brady said he would not play for NE again and demanded a trade?

Oh wait, that didn't happen.  Instead they won a SB that year, and then 2 more after that, out of 3 appearances (with Steven Ridley, Lagarett  Blount, Sony Michel, Gronk, and a leading WR of little Julian Edelman).   

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Meaning no offense but is that known for sure?

He can still be traded with no trade clause.  He decides.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I will say that I enjoyed the stories that the bucs communicated with Brady in advance about the potential of drafting a qb and made it a nice soft landing. I’m sure their org enjoyed stirring the pot with that for a conference rival.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

As for Gronk and AB, you didn't "already say" Brady brought them in, you said:

Anyway...

Remember when, right after NE lost the Conference Championship game and they drafted his replacement (and SF starting QB) instead of "getting him more weapons", Brady said he would not play for NE again and demanded a trade?

Oh wait, that didn't happen.  Instead they won a SB that year, and then 2 more after that, out of 3 appearances (with Steven Ridley, Lagarett  Blount, Sony Michel, Gronk, and a leading WR of little Julian Edelman).  

Oh wait, that's right.  Outside of the past 4 years, 3 of them being playoff seasons and going to the AFCCG and "lucking" into McBeane, they've been fumbling and bumbling.  Show us on the doll where the Pegulas/2 years of Rex Ryan touched you...

Brady didn't sign them or pay them.  If the Bucs didn't want to sign them, they wouldn't have.  They did it because it would help the team.  Kind of like...drafting a LT in the first round.

And despite Belicheat drafting Jimmy G, Brady knew that Kraft would back him.  And that's what happened when it came time to keep one of them.

43 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I will say that I enjoyed the stories that the bucs communicated with Brady in advance about the potential of drafting a qb and made it a nice soft landing. I’m sure their org enjoyed stirring the pot with that for a conference rival.

Sure they probably wanted to needle the Pack.  But I'm also sure they did run it by Brady before doing it.

Edited by Doc

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Oh wait, that's right.  Outside of the past 4 years, 3 of them being playoff seasons and going to the AFCCG and "lucking" into McBeane, they've been fumbling and bumbling.  Show us on the doll where the Pegulas/2 years of Rex Ryan touched you...

Brady didn't sign them or pay them.  If the Bucs didn't want to sign them, they wouldn't have.  They did it because it would help the team.  Kind of like...drafting a LT in the first round.

And despite Belicheat drafting Jimmy G, Brady knew that Kraft would back him.  And that's what happened when it came time to keep one of them.

Sure they probably wanted to needle the Pack.  But I'm also sure they did run it by Brady before doing it.

I was responding to your claim about the advisory committee. And the context of that conversation included the decisions regarding the Sabres—you know this.

The Packers want to keep Rodgers.

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was responding to your claim about the advisory committee. And the context of that conversation included the decisions regarding the Sabres—you know this.

The Packers want to keep Rodgers.

So then...Mark Murphy got lucky when he hired LaFleur.  See how that works? 

And of course they want to keep Rodgers.  Obviously because Jordan Love isn't looking anywhere near ready to play.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

So then...Mark Murphy got lucky when he hired LaFleur.  See how that works? 

And of course they want to keep Rodgers.  Obviously because Jordan Love isn't looking anywhere near ready to play.

Which is why NE kept Brady.

Yet he didn’t decompensate after 2 AFCC losses and his replacement drafted instead of more weapons.  Instead he just won a bunch more SBs.  

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Which is why NE kept Brady.

Yet he didn’t decompensate after 2 AFCC losses and his replacement drafted instead of more weapons.  Instead he just won a bunch more SBs.  

There's a big difference between a new HC and GM drafting a 1st round QB and the same HC and GM (who are one and the same) drafting QB's after the 1st round.  And Brady likely knew of the Cheaters' plans to draft Jimmy G.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

There's a big difference between a new HC and GM drafting a 1st round QB and the same HC and GM (who are one and the same) drafting QB's after the 1st round.  And Brady likely knew of the Cheaters' plans to draft Jimmy G.

Packers were drafting Love whether Rodgers knew or not.  

Anyway—-this was a year ago!  Since then he had his best season ever and was MVP.  WTF is this guy whining about at this point??

Go back this season and win a SB. Or 2. Or 3...

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Packers were drafting Love whether Rodgers knew or not.  

Anyway—-this was a year ago!  Since then he had his best season ever and was MVP.  WTF is this guy whining about at this point??

Go back this season and win a SB. Or 2. Or 3...

Probably because he saw the other guy, who is 5 years older, not have his team draft a QB in the 1st round who couldn't possibly help the team and instead add pieces to help him win a SB.  And before you go off on the "he couldn't have done better on offense" thing, then stop demanding the Bills get a better TE.

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone else has mentioned Denver.  It was in all the papers and everything ("breaking news"!!).  But you're right--maybe he goes to the Chargers or something, maybe the Jets?

The point your pretending to miss is why would Rodgers leave a team that has twice gone to the Conf Championship for a team that is far less likely to do so?  How would that make his less disgruntled/unhappy/very very sad?

Are those the teams rumored?  That doesn't make much since with Herbert and Wilson already there. 

I'd argue the Broncos roster is just as stacked as the Packers except at the QB position.  The problem is he'd be in the same division as the Chiefs.  The relationship is obviously broken and taking another team to the Super Bowl would pry be more satisfying to Rodgers than winning one with Green Bay (even if the odds aren't as good in Denver).

Edited by Doc Brown