Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

In Denver?  He won't get past the Chiefs with that team.  And talk about dysfunctional management!

They might not get by KC, who knows?  They might end our season and keep us from getting our chance at payback.  Philip rivers would’ve ended our season last year if not for Josh Allens game saving heroics. 

You shouldn’t pretend to know what will happen.   You pretended to know last year when you said the packers were a joke and had no chance to win 13 games last year.... go spew your lack of knowledge on this subject to someone that might respect it.  

Just now, NewEra said:

They might not get by KC, who knows?  They might end our season and keep us from getting our chance at payback.  Philip rivers would’ve ended our season last year if not for Josh Allens game saving heroics. 

You shouldn’t pretend to know what will happen.   You pretended to know last year when you said the packers were a joke and had no chance to win 13 games last year.... go spew your lack of knowledge on this subject to someone that might respect it.  

They would have to get past KC and Buffalo to get to the SB.  You really think that would be easier than staying in the NFC at GB?  It's a simple question.  

And how would the very tempermental Rodgers deal with the brain trust of Shurmur and Elway? 

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Alone?  lol,,,look around bro.

In Denver?  He won't get past the Chiefs with that team.  And talk about dysfunctional management!

It would be nice if Rodgers could deliver a loss or two to Mahomes in the regular season so we could actually have a chance to ***** the 1 seed. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Alone?  lol,,,look around bro.

Honestly dude this thread is too easy for you because it is QB vs QB.  Let’s see if you can face the challenge of turning the Tommy Doyle thread into the “why Tom Brady is the greatest human to ever walk the face of the Earth” thread.  It doesn’t have to be Doyle, but make it a challenge, but the first name similarities give you a head start.  Also acceptable would be extolling the virtues of Bellichick in the Sabres thread or something along those lines.

If you want a challenge within this thread: Please refute the statement that 6 of Brady’s rings were insufficient because like Rodgers he did not come back from 28-3 deficits.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Honestly dude this thread is too easy for you because it is QB vs QB.  Let’s see if you can face the challenge of turning the Tommy Doyle thread into the “why Tom Brady is the greatest human to ever walk the face of the Earth” thread.  It doesn’t have to be Doyle, but make it a challenge, but the first name similarities give you a head start.  Also acceptable would be extolling the virtues of Bellichick in the Sabres thread or something along those lines.

If you want a challenge within this thread: Please refute the statement that 6 of Brady’s rings were insufficient because like Rodgers he did not come back from 28-3 deficits.

A poster said Rodgers was the greatest NFL QB ever.  Pointing out the obvious falsehood, Brady is mentioned.  It's really not a head scratcher  is it?

Let me ask you another question: after Luck retired, did your life become more easy or more difficult, as you went from 2 topics on which you post to only one?

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It would be nice if Rodgers could deliver a loss or two to Mahomes in the regular season so we could actually have a chance to ***** the 1 seed. 

He may make that team a spoiler.  They can add that on his plaque in Canton.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

They would have to get past KC and Buffalo to get to the SB.  You really think that would be easier than staying in the NFC at GB?  It's a simple question.  

And how would the very tempermental Rodgers deal with the brain trust of Shurmur and Elway? 

Dude.....talk about moving the goal posts.  What does that have to do with any of this?  The topic isn’t “which team would Rodgers have a better chance to win a SB with?” Is it? 

first off, I never mentioned Denver.  You did.  I mentioned the AFC.  I have no clue how he would deal with shurmur and Elway.  I won’t pretend to.  I’ll leave that to you.  You’re the one that predicts the future at an astounding rate.

having Rodgers in the AFC wouldn’t be a good thing for the Bills unless his team eliminated the chiefs.  That was my point here.  It had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Rodgers had a better chance to win a SB in Denver or GB.

too funny man. Seriously

On 4/29/2021 at 2:32 PM, aristocrat said:

F him and the whole Packers organization , even if he’s right I never liked that prick 

Edited by Putin
  • Agree 1

Just now, NewEra said:

Dude.....talk about moving the goal posts.  What does that have to do with any of this?  The topic isn’t “which team would Rodgers have a better chance to win a SB with?” Is it? 

first off, I never mentioned Denver.  You did.  I mentioned the AFC.  I have no clue how he would deal with shurmur and Elway.  I won’t pretend to.  I’ll leave that to you.  You’re the one that predicts the future at an astounding rate.

having Rodgers in the AFC wouldn’t be a good thing for the Bills unless his team eliminated the chiefs.  That was my point here.  It had absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Rodgers had a better chance to win a SB in Denver or GB.

too funny man. Seriously

Everyone else has mentioned Denver.  It was in all the papers and everything ("breaking news"!!).  But you're right--maybe he goes to the Chargers or something, maybe the Jets?

The point your pretending to miss is why would Rodgers leave a team that has twice gone to the Conf Championship for a team that is far less likely to do so?  How would that make his less disgruntled/unhappy/very very sad?

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

A poster said Rodgers was the greatest NFL QB ever.  Pointing out the obvious falsehood, Brady is mentioned.  It's really not a head scratcher  is it?

Let me ask you another question: after Luck retired, did your life become more easy or more difficult, as you went from 2 topics on which you post to only one?

By your definition Brady hasn’t really performed well enough in Super Bowls.  If Rodgers Super Bowl win was sub-par because he did not overcome a 3+ touchdown deficit, why are Brady’s 6 non-huge deficit comeback rings worth anything?  Have you perhaps created a poor definition of things in your effort to run down Rodgers?  

I post about a lot of things.  I was proven right about Luck unless you think he lived up to his “greatest prospect in generations” reputation.  Do you?  FWIW I agree that Rodgers is a whiny baby a la Zach Ertz and beyond but wouldn’t need to compare him to any one player to make my point.  Brady is your favorite player and that is fine but dude he is not the center of the universe.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone else has mentioned Denver.  

I never mentioned Denver.   I think there are a lot of people that haven’t.  Do you think Denver could win the AFC if they traded for Brady?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Everyone else has mentioned Denver.  It was in all the papers and everything ("breaking news"!!).  But you're right--maybe he goes to the Chargers or something, maybe the Jets?

The point your pretending to miss is why would Rodgers leave a team that has twice gone to the Conf Championship for a team that is far less likely to do so?  How would that make his less disgruntled/unhappy/very very sad?

If that’s your point, discuss it with someone that you were discussing it with. It certainly wasn’t me.  

He’s made it clear that he wasn’t happy playing for the packers anymore.  Again....I won’t pretend to know how he’ll feel playing for a team that has a “lesser chance of playing in the conference championship”.  If you’re turning this discussion into what would make AR happier, I would suspect that he might be happier if his new team would communicate with him and ask him for his input on offseason changes and the draft.....but I have no clue in reality.  Now that we know that I have no clue, please tell us what the truth is behind his happiness.  Playing for the team that “had no chance to get back to the NFCCG and win 13 games” doesn’t seem like a place he’d be happy.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

By your definition Brady hasn’t really performed well enough in Super Bowls.  If Rodgers Super Bowl win was sub-par because he did not overcome a 3+ touchdown deficit, why are Brady’s 6 non-huge deficit comeback rings worth anything?  Have you perhaps created a poor definition of things in your effort to run down Rodgers?  

I post about a lot of things.  I was proven right about Luck unless you think he lived up to his “greatest prospect in generations” reputation.  Do you?  FWIW I agree that Rodgers is a whiny baby a la Zach Ertz and beyond but wouldn’t need to compare him to any one player to make my point.  Brady is your favorite player and that is fine but dude he is not the center of the universe.

I never mentioned Denver.   I think there are a lot of people that haven’t.  Do you think Denver could win the AFC if they traded for Brady?

Rodgers SB win was not sub-par.  Scroll up and you will see I agreed that it was "a great performance".  As one should expect, it's difficult to compare the particulars of 7 SB wins to the characteristics of a single one.  The second sample is too small to make any meaningful conclusion.   Maybe it would be more fair to Rodgers to compare his SB success to, say, a Doug Williams--another single ring QB who dominated in the Championship game.  

Yeah.  Denver is the most common place mentioned for Rodgers to end up.  No chance the Broncos win the AFC with Brady this year.  

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If that’s your point, discuss it with someone that you were discussing it with. It certainly wasn’t me.  

He’s made it clear that he wasn’t happy playing for the packers anymore.  Again....I won’t pretend to know how he’ll feel playing for a team that has a “lesser chance of playing in the conference championship”.  If you’re turning this discussion into what would make AR happier, I would suspect that he might be happier if his new team would communicate with him and ask him for his input on offseason changes and the draft.....but I have no clue in reality.  Now that we know that I have no clue, please tell us what the truth is behind his happiness.  Playing for the team that “had no chance to get back to the NFCCG and win 13 games” doesn’t seem like a place he’d be happy.

I was, but then you couldn't control yourself and jumped in.

You state you have no clue as to what has made him unhappy, then you go on to describe exactly what has made him unhappy in GB.  In fact, there really isn't much mystery to it.  I'm turning this into "what would make AR happier"??  It's been a national discussion all week!

And the most amazing thing is, despite me saying they wouldn't make it back to the NFCC game....they did anyway!  How?? lol  They made it back, made him an MVP with "no weapons" at all!.

Go figure. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Rodgers SB win was not sub-par.  Scroll up and you will see I agreed that it was "a great performance".  As one should expect, it's difficult to compare the particulars of 7 SB wins to the characteristics of a single one.  The second sample is too small to make any meaningful conclusion.   Maybe it would be more fair to Rodgers to compare his SB success to, say, a Doug Williams--another single ring QB who dominated in the Championship game.  

Yeah.  Denver is the most common place mentioned for Rodgers to end up.  No chance the Broncos win the AFC with Brady this year.  

There was also no chance that the packers made the NCFCG this past season.

There was also no chance that packers win 13 games this past season.

at least you went out on a limb to predict something that has 0% chance to come to fruition as Brady won’t be a Bronco this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, colin said:

not sure what kind of draft capital it's gonna take to get rogers, but it would be a huge haul.

if rogers leaves, and the new picks power up GB to go get another chip, and that new qb looks good, that franchise really has to be considered the greatest/luckiest ever.

What do the Packers think of Love? Supposedly, they've received king's ransom type offers for Rodgers. Rodgers has publicly demanded a trade. If your QB is demanding a trade, and if you've been offered a king's ransom for him, and if you've promised him he'd be traded, and if you're confident the guy you've drafted is your next franchise QB, why not pull the trigger? 

The obvious explanation is that the Packers are not confident Love will be their next franchise QB. If Rodgers gets traded away two things happen: 1) Love's true level of play gets revealed (bust?) and 2) the Packers no longer have arguably the greatest QB in NFL history to prop up their winning percentage. The combination of those two things could be disastrous for the careers of the Packers' GM and head coach. In an effort to avoid that disaster the Packers have evidently chosen not to trade him away, hoping that he won't follow through on his threat to hold out. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was, but then you couldn't control yourself and jumped in.

You state you have no clue as to what has made him unhappy, then you go on to describe exactly what has made him unhappy in GB.  In fact, there really isn't much mystery to it.  I'm turning this into "what would make AR happier"??  It's been a national discussion all week!

And the most amazing thing is, despite me saying they wouldn't make it back to the NFCC game....they did anyway!  How?? lol  They made it back, made him an MVP with "no weapons" at all!.

Go figure. 

Why quote “no weapons”.....that was never my argument....as I have to restate every time we have this useless back and forth.  

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why quote “no weapons”.....that was never my argument....as I have to restate every time we have this useless back and forth.  

If nothing being discussed was ever your argument then why you keep butting in, all the while pretending you don't know what the points of discussion (Denver??  Who said Denver??)in this year's Great Rodgers Drama are?