Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Only want to see it b.c it will never happen.

It would be fun to watch, just for the intrigue.

But as management, if Love falls on his face early in the year then even more leverage goes to Rodgers in that scenario. 

Suddenly the team is in a mess and they would need Rodgers to help them out, either by coming back to play for them (and in doing so basically getting whatever he wants) or agreeing to unretire and accept a trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

The time to trade him was before last Thursday.  Denver and maybe Miami are only teams left.  Although it would be hilarious if Green Bay traded him to Houston and that dumpster fire.  

he wouldn't go to Houston

On 5/3/2021 at 10:23 PM, BuffaloRebound said:

Bradshaw is a buffoon.  Completely different era from when he played.  Steelers had a roster of Hall of Famers when he played and could keep them all together without a salary cap.  And they had a Hall of Fame coach, a great owner, and a great organization.  Rodgers has none of those things.  Plus Packers traded up for Love.  It’s not like he fell in their laps like Rodgers did.  Rodgers ain’t the most likable dude but he’s got plenty of reasons to gripe.  

Love ain’t even good.

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Just don' trade him to Miami.  The Broncos could put something together around Chubb and some picks I'd imagine.  

https://dolphinnation.com/2021/04/29/report-it-stands-to-reason-that-miami-dolphins-will-inquire-about-aaron-rodgers/amp/ Already rumors circling around that Miami will be giving Green Bay a call

As

always like the Brett Farve crap a decade + ago, not happening.  What is he going to take a $30+ mil. Haircut sitting out?  He has zero leverage.

how many people said Russel Wilson is gone.  How about d Watson.  It’s not happening.  This is click bait news.  That’s all. 

I think the league manufactured this issue to create a diversion from the D. Watson train wreck.  Watson's bizarre perversions are now off the front page and forgotten behind this much more palatable news story.   

On 5/4/2021 at 1:53 PM, T master said:

I bet when they tell him he can move on by just giving back most of the monies he's gotten and what he is suppose to get which i read adds up to some $44 million they would let him go .

I think for that kind of cash i would just quit the cry baby stuff & show up & go to work .

Some of these athletes when they start to whine like that need to be sent to be a block masons tender for a couple of weeks to remind them just how freakin blessed they are & how easy they really have it with every body waiting on them hand & foot . 

Naw.  All Rodgers has to do is hold out and then report to the Pack with six games left in the season so he gets his accrued year.  He won’t get paid his salary for the other 11 games but that’ll clear him of any real chance of having to repay his signing bonus - which is very difficult for teams to reclaim anyway.  Or he could go the hurt, not hurt route.  Lotta ways around paying back the SB. 

Has there been a season where Rodgers hasn’t been disgruntled? 

• Like (+1) 1

Brees and New Orleans got in fights over contracts a couple of times but it didn't seem to get this bad.  The pack really missed an opportunity to add a lot of talent to the roster this season around Love and perhaps a more seamless transition.  

I have no love for Rodgers.  I thought he was a douche when he was drafted but came to respect his play on the field.  But if any of you begged your bosses for more help to do your job, and instead of doing it, hired someone who can't help and who may eventually take yours, you'd be pissed off as well. 

• Agree 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:04 AM, Mr. WEO said:

No one here is arguing otherwise, so why bring it up?

Nothing behind Adams and Jones?  With Adams, Jones, Williams, Valdes-Scantling, Tonyan Rodgers had only managed  26 TDs passing in 2019.  With the same lineup, he had 48.  Tonyun had more TDs than any Bills did--more than Knox, Brown and Beasely-combined....and he was Rodger's 3rd-4th option.   

In fact, with the same "nothing" guys, Rodgers had the 2nd best season of his career.    Did he make them better or did they make him even better?  Likely both.

You have a clear disdain for Rodgers to not recognize his greatness. 

It's baffling.