Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

9 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I disagree. He is an excellent QB and fun to watch but certainly not the greatest

A Bears fan would be ecstatic by that brain freeze on Rodgers' part. I found it a frustrating play by a QB I liked in a clutch moment

I dont know the details of the sequence of events but could be mere coincidence, no? When someone is as selfish as Rodgers is showing himself of to be, every little occurrence around him can look like a conspiracy against him.  

the timing was it being a cut down date, likely not to give him the finger intentionally... but after a couple big issues, the indifference to his opinion could easily be an “are you serious” moment 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Rodgers is arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. He only has one Super Bowl ring due to spending his career with a dysfunctional franchise. At non-QB positions the Bucs have far more talent than the Packers. Instead of using their first round pick to partially remedy that, the Packers drafted Love. Love has great physical tools but did not establish himself as an accurate passer or as a guy who processes information quickly. He’s the same category of prospect as Losman and EJ Manuel. 

Now the Packers have lied to him, telling him they’d trade him when they had no plans to do so. I don’t blame Rodgers for wanting to get away from a dysfunctional, dishonest organization so that he has a chance at another ring. 

Your language is strong at the end, but the message behind your post I largely agree with. One ring with Rodgers as your QB? One ring with Favre as your QB? C’mon man. The way they build their team is really underwhelming. One would argue that if Rodgers played for New England he would probably have 4-5 rings, maybe not as many as Brady but still, this guy is great. Green Bay has gotten very lucky with QBs over the years, if it weren’t for that they would look a lot like the drought year teams in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

the timing was it being a cut down date, likely not to give him the finger intentionally... but after a couple big issues, the indifference to his opinion could easily be an “are you serious” moment 

I just find it tough to believe that an organization as traditionally well run as the Packers could intentionally go out of its way to continually pi** off one of the best QBs in the league.

As an example, picking Love last year was in line with their long term philosophy yet Rodgers took that as an affront as opposed to either taking him under his wing or continuing to do his job well. If Rodgers kept playing at 39, the Pack could have pulled a Patriots** move and traded him/Love. Yet, Rodgers proceeded to play the victim and pouted like a jilted kid at a prom. 

4 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Usually, Terry is a deranged old man, but this all day. Rodgers is taking this way too far if the reports are true. Just suck it up already. 

I heard Warren moon interviewed over the weekend and he was asked about it. He said the same thing. Thinks he’s taking it too far. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Usually, Terry is a deranged old man, but this all day. Rodgers is taking this way too far if the reports are true. Just suck it up already. 

I also dont usually like Bradshaw but I agree with everything in this article and with bradshaw

• Agree 1

Bradshaw is a buffoon.  Completely different era from when he played.  Steelers had a roster of Hall of Famers when he played and could keep them all together without a salary cap.  And they had a Hall of Fame coach, a great owner, and a great organization.  Rodgers has none of those things.  Plus Packers traded up for Love.  It’s not like he fell in their laps like Rodgers did.  Rodgers ain’t the most likable dude but he’s got plenty of reasons to gripe.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

You cherry picked a couple stats you liked. The Packers are not a dysfunctional franchise as well. They groomed him properly under Favre and he should most likely be thankful for that. No way to say for sure that is what made him successful, but def not a dysfunctional chise.

The two stats most commonly used to evaluate QBs are yards per pass attempt and QB rating. While numbers like these don't tell the whole story, they do raise the question as to whether Rodgers may be slightly better at throwing the football than Brady. In terms of leadership/on field generalship, I'll grant that Brady is better.

As for the Packers being a dysfunctional franchise, I'd like to contribute this article to the conversation. The article points out that in 2013 when Rodgers played, the Packers were 6-2. But when he was out, they were 2-5-1. Compare that to the Patriots, who went 11-5 with Matt Cassell under center. Without Brady, the Patriots were still a good team. The same cannot possibly be said of the Packers without Rodgers. Rodgers is good enough that he can turn a losing team, a 2-5-1 team, into a legitimate Super Bowl contender. But, he is not good enough to take what would otherwise be a 4 - 5 win team and turn it into a Super Bowl Champion. Neither is any other quarterback who's ever played. 

I bet when they tell him he can move on by just giving back most of the monies he's gotten and what he is suppose to get which i read adds up to some $44 million they would let him go .

I think for that kind of cash i would just quit the cry baby stuff & show up & go to work .

Some of these athletes when they start to whine like that need to be sent to be a block masons tender for a couple of weeks to remind them just how freakin blessed they are & how easy they really have it with every body waiting on them hand & foot . 

To be fair, Aaron Rodgers has always been a bit of an arrogant a**hole within that organization. I understand his gripes as of late though. This also seemed to go to a whole new level when they brought in Matt LaFleur. They, by all accounts, didn't really hit it off early. Maybe it was Rodgers being a d*** or maybe it was a clash of egos? I have no idea. Then in the deepest WR class this millennium they chose not draft a WR to help their face of the franchise star QB, but instead trade up for a project QB in the 1st Round. Then in the 2nd Round they follow it up with another RB, though I really liked AJ Dillon as a prospect, when they already had Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams. They could of had any of Tee Higgins, Pittman Jr, Claypool, Shenault, KJ Hamler, Van Jefferson, Mims, Gabe Davis, Duvernay, Bryan Edwards, Tyler Johnson, Darnell Mooney, any WR you can think of taken 26 or later they had an opportunity at them all. So Rodgers lines up at practice every day and suits up for every game with his 2nd, 3rd, 4th options being Valdez-Scantling, Eq St. Brown, and Alan Lazard. He still wins an MVP and carries the team to the NFC Championship game. Then his coach chooses to kick a FG late, instead of sack-up to go for it, and it ends up as one of the deciding factors in the loss. Then, again, in the 2021 draft they take a head-scratcher at CB with their 1st, an OL'man in the 2nd, and then WR (finally) in the 3rd. Analysts are all saying, "Oh, Aaron will be happy with this pick." :lol: I think Aaron truly gives 0 f**** at this point and wants out regardless. I don't think the $$$ will be the determining factor either. His net worth is $120M. I'm sure the Jeopardy gig would be quite lucrative for him. He would still be able to do his endorsement thing as well. Don't be surprised if he doesn't show up in July or if he shows up strictly on a Marshawn Lynch basis, "I'm just here so I won't get fined."

• Like (+1) 3

If it becomes 100% clear that Rodgers will not play for them, Green Bay will trade him. It's the only move for the people currently in charge, and Rodgers knows it. 

Any Rodgers trade would involve an obscene return. Not taking it if he is dead set on not playing there is a lose-lose for the people running the show. You have no MVP QB, and you have nothing to show for losing him. At least in a trade you can get a ton of compensation. 

Rodgers can retire or sit out and it won't hurt him all that much, but the people running the Packers will end up losing games and getting fired. 

We've seen this before. Mike Brown said the Bengals would NEVER trade Carson Palmer. Ever. Period, no matter the offer. 6 games into the season he was a Raider. 

The Packers are going to trade Rodgers, to the highest bidder in the AFC. They're just trying to make it look to their fanbase like they did everything they could to keep him.

They were obviously ready to move on from him. Otherwise, why trade up in the 1st round for a high profile QB? You don't do that for a backup. Rodgers threw a wrench in their plans by winning the MVP. Now the Packers FO can't sell it to the fan base that Rodgers' skills are slipping.

Once they complete the "we'll do whatever it takes to keep Rodgers" dog and pony show, and Rodgers bad mouths the organization a few dozen more times, the trade will be made.

• Like (+1) 1

Is Aaron a whiner? Yes. 

Is Aaron smug? Yes. 

With that said...

Aaron got there in 2005. In the first 3-Rounds since he got there, the Packers have drafted: 

A total of (8) WRs. 

(0) in the first

(5) in the 3rd - Murphy (2005), Jennings (2006), Jones (2007), Montgomery (2015), Rodgers (2021)

(3) in the 2nd - Nelson (2008), Cobb (2011), Adams (2014)

It's not like the Packers have gone all out to improve skill positions. 

12 years the Packers have used their top pick on defense, and they're still a pedestrian defense. 

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

If I was GB I just wouldn't let Rodgers contract go and force him to retire.

That's pride messing with you, but I get it. I would look at this as Rodgers allowing the Packers to do what they already planned to and look like the good guys for doing it. 

After all, they were "committed to him." They tried everything... all the flights to soothe his ego. And what does he do?

Embarrass the team on draft night

Mock management

threaten to retire

cause all sorts of distraction and headache

EVEN THEN, they tried to work it out, but alas, it couldn't be done.

So we decided to cash in a lottery ticket worth of 1st round picks and players from some AFC team and move on to Jordan Love.

Saying "just retire then" hurts the Packers more than it hurts Rodgers, and eventually, when everyone gets fired for mismanagement the new people will make the trade and benefit from all the compensation in terms of picks and players. 

The Packers couldn't just trade him without all this coming out first. Everyone would go crazy and fans would demand answers, which would then seem like going back and badmouthing your ex, so to speak. 

This way, the whole issue gets put out on the table, then the trade can be made and fans will be OK with it. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

23 minutes ago, TBBills said:

If I was GB I just wouldn't let Rodgers contract go and force him to retire.

Why would you prefer to get nothing as opposed to several draft picks and players to surround your QB with zero snaps with?

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Why would you prefer to get nothing as opposed to several draft picks and players to surround your QB with zero snaps with?

Teams always say they are going to do that but they never do.

Even Mike Brown, who is probably the one guy who would light a winning lottery ticket on fire if it meant getting over on a player, eventually caved and traded Carson Palmer. 

• Like (+1) 1