Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

33 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Was Adams saying that to the Packers or to Rodgers? Clearly, I am souring on the drama around Rodgers which can only be due to him being a whiny little dude who is not coming across as a team player. Shut up and do your job and next time you see wide open green in front of you, run it in for a TD instead of being indecisive and missing the throw. 

Rodgers is arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. He only has one Super Bowl ring due to spending his career with a dysfunctional franchise. At non-QB positions the Bucs have far more talent than the Packers. Instead of using their first round pick to partially remedy that, the Packers drafted Love. Love has great physical tools but did not establish himself as an accurate passer or as a guy who processes information quickly. He’s the same category of prospect as Losman and EJ Manuel. 

Now the Packers have lied to him, telling him they’d trade him when they had no plans to do so. I don’t blame Rodgers for wanting to get away from a dysfunctional, dishonest organization so that he has a chance at another ring. 

Edited by Arm of Harm
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Arm of Harm said:

Rodgers is arguably the greatest QB in NFL history. He only has one Super Bowl ring due to spending his career with a dysfunctional franchise. At non-QB positions the Bucs have far more talent than the Packers. Instead of using their first round pick to partially remedy that, the Packers drafted Love. Love has great physical tools but did not establish himself as an accurate passer or as a guy who processes information quickly. He’s the same category of prospect as Losman and EJ Manuel. 

Now the Packers have lied to him, telling him they’d trade him when they had no plans to do so. I don’t blame Rodgers for wanting to get away from a dysfunctional, dishonest organization so that he has a chance at another ring. 

LOL, no.  To both statements.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

A 2 and a 3 seem reasonable!😎

I agree man. He seems like he's acting bigger than the team as a whole. He's the reigning MVP , but this isn't basketball where you have 5 positions to worry about.  

Definitely displaying Diva behavior.  

I mean, when you’re the franchise and you come out praising the depth guy and he’s immediately cut, it’s really dumping salt in the wound. When you can’t even get respect on the tiny stuff it can’t make him feel like his opinion matters on anything 

• Agree 1

No hes not. Thats a silly statement.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lol, this is utter nonsense.  🤣

• Like (+1) 1

Rodgers is a great QB, but way too sensitive and temperamental for me. I know QB is the most important position in all of sports, but conceptually, you ain’t bigger than the team bro. Just like we all learned when we were 5. Stop acting like a little b-word. 

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Was Adams saying that to the Packers or to Rodgers? Clearly, I am souring on the drama around Rodgers which can only be due to him being a whiny little dude who is not coming across as a team player. Shut up and do your job and next time you see wide open green in front of you, run it in for a TD instead of being indecisive and missing the throw. 

Sounds like the response by a Bears fan I know.

27 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Tom Brady has a career yards per attempt of 7.5, and a career QB rating of 97.3. For Aaron Rodgers those numbers are 7.8 and 103.9. 

You cherry picked a couple stats you liked. The Packers are not a dysfunctional franchise as well. They groomed him properly under Favre and he should most likely be thankful for that. No way to say for sure that is what made him successful, but def not a dysfunctional chise.

Edited by Bferra13

There are Packers' fans in their late 30s that don't know what it's like to root for a team without a HoF QB under center. It's kind of ridiculous that they've only been able to win 2 rings considering the QB play of their past 3 decades. The Pack aren't big spenders in FA, they believe in building through the draft and take that philosophy to extremes. In Rodgers tenure they've only drafted 3 offensive players in the 1st round - 2 offensive lineman and his replacement, Jordan Love. He may sound like a diva, but I get it.

44 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I mean, when you’re the franchise and you come out praising the depth guy and he’s immediately cut, it’s really dumping salt in the wound. When you can’t even get respect on the tiny stuff it can’t make him feel like his opinion matters on anything 

I totally agree. Unless the Front Office overwhelmingly felt a certain way, I understand Rodgers frustration and I understand his frustration in general,  with the F.O failing to give the best QB  the best chance to succeed. Mind Boggling!

2 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Tom Brady has a career yards per attempt of 7.5, and a career QB rating of 97.3. For Aaron Rodgers those numbers are 7.8 and 103.9. 

Cool story bro!  Maybe winning 7 SB's cuts into your QBR somehow.  Rodgers has nothing to worry about then.

Brady twice had the number 1 Offense in the NFL--- with the combos of Wes Welker/Stevan Ridley and Welker/Benjarvis Green-Ellis (and never cried publicly/endlessly about them being inadequate weapons).   He won a SB with the weapons of David Givens/Corey Dillon.  Another with main weapons of Gronk and Jonas Gray.  Another with Edelman/Blount.  Another with Edelman and Sony Michel (those were all top 5 Offenses, by the way).  

Rodgers won a SB 10 years ago.  Has never been back.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

Rodgers is arguably the greatest QB in NFL history.

I disagree. He is an excellent QB and fun to watch but certainly not the greatest

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Sounds like the response by a Bears fan I know.

A Bears fan would be ecstatic by that brain freeze on Rodgers' part. I found it a frustrating play by a QB I liked in a clutch moment

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I dont know the details of the sequence of events but could be mere coincidence, no? When someone is as selfish as Rodgers is showing himself of to be, every little occurrence around him can look like a conspiracy against him.  

3 hours ago, Arm of Harm said:

There is no contest.  Its Brady and Rodgers only enters the conversation after Manning

Edited by thenorthremembers