Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

17 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

3, 2, 1...cue the criminal or sexual allegations initiated by some anonymous team to drive down the trade price. 

haha I was just thinking this.  Need the massage therapists to come forward now

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I was worried about this for a second as well. But no way they have the trade capital to pull it off.

9ers are having troubles getting it done and they have #3 and Jimmy G and others.

Fair enough. 

And I'm hearing that Rodgers wants to be on the west coast, hence the "Raiders and Broncos" rumors. 

What a mess. They really should have just accepted the 49ers trade offer. They're not going to do better than 3rd overall pick, replacement QB who isn't terrible, and extra stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Logic said:

Fair enough. 

And I'm hearing that Rodgers wants to be on the west coast, hence the "Raiders and Broncos" rumors. 

What a mess. They really should have just accepted the 49ers trade offer. They're not going to do better than 3rd overall pick, replacement QB who isn't terrible, and extra stuff. 

If Bosa is AT ALL on the table, the Packers are morons if they dont immediately pull the trigger.

Heck, I'd do it for #3 and Bosa alone.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What I don't like is that if the Broncos do trade for him, that'll include #9, which makes it almost certain that Fields, Lance, or Jones will fall to NE.

Agreed. But I'd damn sure rather see the Patriots get a rookie who has a CHANCE to be good than get Aaron Rodgers, who we already KNOW is elite and who'd probably win them another ring.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

What I don't like is that if the Broncos do trade for him, that'll include #9, which makes it almost certain that Fields, Lance, or Jones will fall to NE.

At best it will probably be Jones available to them.  Not concerned.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

?? - Elway's three best statistical seasons by far were 1993 and the final three seasons of his career (1996-1998). He was a legit pro bowl QB for both of those SB-winning teams. 

Manning broke the TD record with Denver when they lost to the Sea.  Elway in the late 80s was another animal.  The game was differant so numbers wont reflect it.  He carried all those teams.  Terrel Davis was a massive reason why they made it and won 2 superbowls.  He is in the Hall of Fame for winning Elways 2 Limbardis.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

For starters, it would be a massive cap hit. Secondly, they'd be trading the MVP and one of the best QBs of all time for a meh starter and one pick? 

Rodgers is 37 though and how many years left does he has?

Not saying I would do it. But if he has no interest to play in GB, then I would do that trade up in a heart beat.

Assuming you are talking about the 3rd pick from SF here

Edited by BillsFan130

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

If Bosa is AT ALL on the table, the Packers are morons if they dont immediately pull the trigger.

Heck, I'd do it for #3 and Bosa alone.

Yeah. The key thing is they already drafted a QB of the future last year, who already had a redshirt year. Why not accept the third pick and some other stuff, and then see if you can trade down with one of the QB needy teams and get a haul of picks to build around Love?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I don’t agree with many in here. Rodgers has been very forgiving to this team. I’d be disgruntled too. 

Drafting like a bunch of buffoons, not making moves to help your offense via free agency, these are legitimate gripes. They’re wasting his best years, and a team that is a few players away from a super bowl. 

I actually think he’s played it pretty cool with all of this tomfoolery. Many would have said a lot harsher. 

I'm thinking that Rodgers being kind of a whiny a hole and him having legitimate gripes against the organization are not mutually exclusive, both could be true.

Just now, Mat68 said:

Manning broke the TD record with Denver when they lost to the Sea.  Elway in the late 80s was another animal.  The game was differant so numbers wont reflect it.  He carried all those teams.  Terrel Davis was a massive reason why they made it and won 2 superbowls.  He is in the Hall of Fame for winning Elways 2 Limbardis.

Oh come on. Elway was sensational in his final few seasons. He put up three of the highest 4 AV numbers (PFR's WAR equivalent for the NFL; last column) in those 3 seasons: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00.htm. And what does Manning's 2013 season have to do with this? 

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

haha I was just thinking this.  Need the massage therapists to come forward now

Rodgers pulls some decent celebritys.  I think he is too smart for Istagram.  I could only imagine the Wisconsin Istagram models...

I could be way off, but I have a theory.  

What if Aaron is pulling all this to have more say in who the Packers draft tonight.  The team asks what they can do to make him happy, and he demands a trade up for receiver or something. 

Probably not, but I do think he’s a bit of a narcissist 

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh come on. Elway was sensational in his final few seasons. He put up three of the highest 4 AV numbers (PFR's WAR equivalent for the NFL; last column) in those 3 seasons: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00.htm. And what does Manning's 2013 season have to do with this? 

Final part of the last part of his career.  It happened in Denver not indy.  Up until that last year his play had not dipped.  As an older qb he had better success than his prime.  Elway may prefer roster building and being oppurtunistic with older qbs.  

Just now, Mat68 said:

Final part of the last part of his career.  It happened in Denver not indy.  Up until that last year his play had not dipped.  As an older qb he had better success than his prime.  Elway may prefer roster building and being oppurtunistic with older qbs.  

All I'm saying is that Elway wasn't carried by his team to SB wins. He was one of the best qbs in the league those years and actually a SB MVP.