Rodgers Disgruntled with Packers

11 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This all could have been avoided by not drafting Love last year.  They had other more important holes to fill and perhaps could have had the piece to beat the bucs. 

Exactly. They needed help on offense, Rodgers needed an additional target aside from Adams. They're also in a window where they can compete for a championship right now so you'd think they'd wanna draft players that can contribute very early. But instead, they spend a first round pick on a quarterback who might sit for four or five years before he sees the field. I know Big Rodg can be seen as "mercurial" but I side with him on this. GB has consistently short-changed him at the skill positions. They're basically like, "You got Davante, shut up!" Adams is a beast but he can't be the whole offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Exactly. They needed help on offense, Rodgers needed an additional target aside from Adams. They're also in a window where they can compete for a championship right now so you'd think they'd wanna draft players that can contribute very early. But instead, they spend a first round pick on a quarterback who might sit for four or five years before he sees the field. I know Big Rodg can be seen as "mercurial" but I side with him on this. GB has consistently short-changed him at the skill positions. They're basically like, "You got Davante, shut up!" Adams is a beast but he can't be the whole offense. 

Rodgers thrives on being pissed off. Absolutely no way he wins the MVP if the Packers didn't draft Love

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I would’ve sent the coach on an all expenses paid hunting trip with Dick Cheney after that FG.

This was not discussed enough in sports media. Absolutely one of the worst calls I've ever seen in a game. That's not hyperbole. It was wrong on so many different levels. Those 3 points did nothing to help you win the game. They still needed a touchdown to win after that fieldgoal.

• Like (+1) 2

Perfect time to leak the story if he wants to stick it to GB.  They’ll never pull the trigger on dealing him in a few hours, meaning that, assuming he does force his way out this offseason, he’ll almost certainly go to a team that will have spent its first round pick on a player that will improve the starting 22 for the 2021 season.  

44 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Nothing new.  He has been unhappy since they cut his QB coach Alex Van Pelt without talking to him.

Rodgers might not need QB coaching but Alex Van Pelt was breaking down games as a QB sees it and was telling Rodgers exactly what to expect in games.

• Like (+1) 1

Rodgers has turned into his nemesis, Brett Favre.  He is no better.  Like Favre he won a Super Bowl relatively early in his career, and like Favre he adopted an "I got mine" attitude, had to be the center of all attention, and spent the rest of his career underperforming in playoff games because, after all, "I got mine."

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Nothing new.  He has been unhappy since they cut his QB coach Alex Van Pelt without talking to him.

Rodgers might not need QB coaching but Alex Van Pelt was breaking down games as a QB sees it and was telling Rodgers exactly what to expect in games.

Yeah, he was gruntled until then.

Rodgers has made about a quarter of a billion dollars. He has been talking about Jeopardy more than football lately.

He holds all the cards. He could retire and host the game show. Quarter billion in the bank, good health, still a star on TV. 

AND when Green Bay inevitably crumbles without him the GM and HC lose their jobs. 

By doing this, he has them in an impossible spot. They are in no position to say "fine, retire."

Doing so will just put a spotlight on their idiotic drafting and mismanagement last year, AND on the Love decision, because he would be the guy in 2021. There would be nowhere to run. When it doesn't work, all the talk will be about how Green Bay wasted Rodgers career, and the people in charge will pay the price. 

The only price Rodgers would pay is being out of the league, going out as the MVP with 1 SB ring and a quarter billion in earnings. 

Eventually he'll get what he wants. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1