Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)

53 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Gotta respect the grind

Grind or another publicity stunt? That is all I think of when Tebow did things was "Another publicity stunt of Tebow now playing with the Mets"

Edited by TBBills
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Yep college and pros are the same! 

Tebow as a tight end is a ruse. Lawrence is moving to tight end.

Urb will revive the zone-read, sign JT Barrett as the backup and run him and Tebow into the ground. Gonna shock the world.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Of course, most will be. Some people who don't care about the Jags will tune in for a game just to see what Tebow's doing...

If a similar situation occurred in Buffalo, there would also be plenty of fans with no interest. Some would even despise the player for it.

Maybe

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

You obviously don't remember all the scorn and ridicule he got for doing that when he was with Denver. There were a lot of fans and media outlets that hated him for doing that.

and then no team signed him, the president called him an SOB and said owners should dump him..., never to get a chance to play in the league again.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

He's been a fraud from the start.

https://www.doverpost.com/article/20130216/NEWS/302169983

but he's making lots of money and I believe that was the message Jesus tried to instill on us, the importance of money.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

So people like that shouldnt hear the message?  Did he act like a REAL DIRTBALL and speak in a prison? rable rable rable

What??  I think prison is full of people better than the church he was going to speak to .... until he was outed.  Stop it.

22 minutes ago, klos63 said:

and then no team signed him, the president called him an SOB and said owners should dump him..., never to get a chance to play in the league again.

but he's making lots of money and I believe that was the message Jesus tried to instill on us, the importance of money.

Yes.  Jesus was all about money, hating Jews and the gays.  Tebow was just being a stand up guy and spreading the word!!!  PRAISE!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Boxcar said:

Gotta respect the grind

It's not a grind.  It's accepting that he's a carnival sideshow to make money during the preseason.  As a Mets fan, I know this all too well.  He's a joke.  The last thing he was good at was college football and he's been ***** himself out since he graduated.

36 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Are you saying I'm lying?

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

It's not a grind.  It's accepting that he's a carnival sideshow to make money during the preseason.  As a Mets fan, I know this all too well.  He's a joke.  The last thing he was good at was college football and he's been ***** himself out since he graduated.

Should this have been mentioned to the Steelers who lost in the playoffs to him? :doh:

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Should this have been mentioned to the Steelers who lost in the playoffs to him? :doh:

I remember that game.  And he played really well.  As a Bills fan, I'm sure you can remember some great performances by TuhROD, EJ and Trent.  Every squirrel finds a nut.  The guy sucked.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

One of the insiders on the Buckeye site I pay way too much money for said things are not going well so far at all for Urban in Jax. Take it for what it’s worth but this guy knows a lot about the situation down there and sees him flaming out. You seem excited so I hope he’s wrong. I personally only care about beating them this season. 

Why should the present be any different from what he’s shown us in the past. People tell us what they are, believe them. I don’t hate on the guy, but why be surprised? 

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Are you saying I'm lying?

no, but I don't remember the backlash how you describe it, but I may not have paid attention.  I'm comparing the reaction to his kneeling(on the clock), compared to the reaction to Kaep. Not quite the same.

It’s crazy to me how much vitriol this guy engenders by his very sporting existence—if you think he’ll flame out, great, attack him on the merits of the positional requirements and why he can or can’t meet those—but to rag on him just for who he is off the field when he hasn’t beaten up any women lately or gotten a DUI or whatever else, is weak sauce imho. I just find it hard to believe that a first year head coach who already has plenty of PR with Trevor would make this move just as a stunt. Clearly Tebow showed something at his work out to earn a shot with the Jags. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

no, but I don't remember the backlash how you describe it, but I may not have paid attention.  I'm comparing the reaction to his kneeling(on the clock), compared to the reaction to Kaep. Not quite the same.

I understand your comparison, yet these are two completely different things.

Tebow was not attempting to be controversial, at least I don't think he was. He was definitely bringing attention to himself, and there were a good number of people who were furious with him. The anti-religion groups were saying that Tebow was trying to indoctrinate everyone with his religious beliefs. Yet I never saw him do such a thing.

Let's also remember that Ray Lewis in his final season was outspoken about being born again and praising Jesus after every victory, but no one said a word about his actions.

I just never understood the hate for what Tebow was doing. Look at how many times players come out of the tunnel and run to the end zone, take a knee and pray. People don't say anything about that, but Tebow was wrong for doing it.

I just don't get it.

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s crazy to me how much vitriol this guy engenders by his very sporting existence—if you think he’ll flame out, great, attack him on the merits of the positional requirements and why he can or can’t meet those—but to rag on him just for who he is off the field when he hasn’t beaten up any women lately or gotten a DUI or whatever else, is weak sauce imho. I just find it hard to believe that a first year head coach who already has plenty of PR with Trevor would make this move just as a stunt. Clearly Tebow showed something at his work out to earn a shot with the Jags. 

A 34 year old that hasn't ever played the position and hasn't played an NFL game since 2012.  Maybe it's not a stunt, but it's entitlement at it's finest.  He wants another participation trophy.

Edited by klos63
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I understand your comparison, yet these are two completely different things.

Tebow was not attempting to be controversial, at least I don't think he was. He was definitely bringing attention to himself, and there were a good number of people who were furious with him. The anti-religion groups were saying that Tebow was trying to indoctrinate everyone with his religious beliefs. Yet I never saw him do such a thing.

Let's also remember that Ray Lewis in his final season was outspoken about being born again and praising Jesus after every victory, but no one said a word about his actions.

I just never understood the hate for what Tebow was doing. Look at how many times players come out of the tunnel and run to the end zone, take a knee and pray. People don't say anything about that, but Tebow was wrong for doing it.

I just don't get it.

He's an entitled opportunist, in my opinion. That's what I dislike about him. I don't hate him personally, but just don't trust people like him.

I don't think Kaep was attempting to be controversial, as he quietly knelt a few games before someone made an issue of it. If he wanted controversy, he would have spoke up before his first time kneeling. I'm sure he understood that it likely would be controversial, but not sure he was looking for it.

I don't remember the Ray Lewis deal, but I disliked him since he was involved in that murder in Atlanta and helped cover it up. It was terrible that he got a job broadcasting after he retired.

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

He's obviously a tremendous athlete, but are there better options out there for the position he's trying to win? Of course there is.

3 hours ago, TBBills said:

Grind or another publicity stunt? That is all I think of when Tebow did things was "Another publicity stunt of Tebow now playing with the Mets"

Sorry, if you're pushing yourself through minor league baseball on that measly salary, you're grinding. I understand Tebow is pretty annoying but you can't deny the guy works his ass off to make something of himself, even if he'll end up failing.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

So he should have just given up on everything? You can find Tebow grating, I do, but I guess he should have just given up on his dreams of becoming a pro athlete because you found him annoying.

7 minutes ago, Boxcar said:

Sorry, if you're pushing yourself through minor league baseball on that measly salary, you're grinding. I understand Tebow is pretty annoying but you can't deny the guy works his ass off to make something of himself, even if he'll end up failing.

So he should have just given up on everything? You can find Tebow grating, I do, but I guess he should have just given up on his dreams of becoming a pro athlete because you found him annoying.

His dream was over years ago.  Now he's just a carnival act, getting paid to sell merch and put butts in seats while the games don't count- to the detriment of actual aspiring pro football and baseball players. He's a selfish prick and always has been.

• Agree 3