Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)

23 hours ago, T master said:

I know every one that talks about Teabow never has much good to say about him i think that is more based on his religious convictions for some reason than his play . And is based some what on a world that had more of the cancel culture in it when he played than we realized .

Sure his numbers at QB in the NFL aren't real pretty but the one year he was the starter he had a winning season . I looked at his high light real the dude was a weapon no matter what anyone thinks . Check it out for your self .

If there was or is a team that would have done what Baltimore has done with Jackson and change the offense to fit the player i believe he could have done the same thing as Lamar but the short sightedness at the time he was drafted to not play to his strengths was pretty apparent !

Teabow is first a HUGE competitor and a great person/motivator & team guy and will do what ever it takes for the team to succeed i think Urban Myer knows that better than any one and will use him in many different ways to prove his worth .

Plus he knows because of that and his moral convictions he will be a great mentor to the young players on the team not only to show them how to be a great team/NFL player on the field but how to be a great human being off the field to make them really good people in a world that is so screwed up and a couple more that would act a bit more like a Tim Teabow would be a welcome in this world  for sure ...

This illustrates exactly what most people hated about Tebow.  It has nothing to do with him personally, it’s hearing this crap from the legion of religious fans that worship him every time his limitations as an NFL football player are brought up.  

He wasn’t nearly good enough nine years ago - and that absolutely was in an offense completely tailored to him despite what you claim - and he isn’t going to be good enough now at a new position after not playing since 2016.  Is there another player that wouldn’t be roundly laughed at for something like that?

Oh and the “Leadership” angle is crap too.  Virtually no one on an NFL team is going to care what he says or does.  They’re mostly grown men who are there to do a job.  Rah rah college crap does not carry much weight.  Also why the heck would anyone want a guy who - if he even makes the team - will be at the end of the roster on a vet minimum one year contract to be a team leader?  That would be a distraction from players like Lawrence who should have that position.  I’d actually lose respect for Tebow (who I don’t blame for the actions of his fans) if he hurt the team that way.  I definitely will lose some respect for Urban if Tebow makes the 53.

50 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

This illustrates exactly what most people hated about Tebow.  It has nothing to do with him personally, it’s hearing this crap from the legion of religious fans that worship him every time his limitations as an NFL football player are brought up.  

He wasn’t nearly good enough nine years ago - and that absolutely was in an offense completely tailored to him despite what you claim - and he isn’t going to be good enough now at a new position after not playing since 2016.  Is there another player that wouldn’t be roundly laughed at for something like that?

Oh and the “Leadership” angle is crap too.  Virtually no one on an NFL team is going to care what he says or does.  They’re mostly grown men who are there to do a job.  Rah rah college crap does not carry much weight.  Also why the heck would anyone want a guy who - if he even makes the team - will be at the end of the roster on a vet minimum one year contract to be a team leader?  That would be a distraction from players like Lawrence who should have that position.  I’d actually lose respect for Tebow (who I don’t blame for the actions of his fans) if he hurt the team that way.  I definitely will lose some respect for Urban if Tebow makes the 53.

Why would you lose respect for Urban Meyer if Tebow earns a spot on the 53?  It's not like they have some loaded TE room, and nobody - not you, not I - have any idea how Tebow looks at Tight End. 

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Why would you lose respect for Urban Meyer if Tebow earns a spot on the 53?  It's not like they have some loaded TE room, and nobody - not you, not I - have any idea how Tebow looks at Tight End. 

Because it is an unnecessary risk that, on it's face, has almost no upside. 

It reeks of a vanity project more than a solid football move.  

And the move falls in line with recent big named college coaches falling on their face when they make the move to the pros, because they fail to grasp the level of professionalism required to be successful in the NFL.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

Because it is an unnecessary risk that, on it's face, has almost no upside. 

It reeks of a vanity project more than a solid football move.  

And the move falls in line with recent big named college coaches falling on their face when they make the move to the pros, because they fail to grasp the level of professionalism required to be successful in the NFL.

This is spot on.  Tebow will be 34 in August.  The guy has not played football for nine years and is changing positions.  Incidentally that’s changing positions to TE, which he has never played.  Then there’s the distraction factor, which Urban is inviting.  For what?  If he’s very lucky it’ll be for a guy who is an old player/buddy of his sitting at the end of the bench for a season or two.  At worst, it’s a joke that’ll be a distraction to his team and hurt him in the locker room.  I mean, how would a Jags player not look at this and think Meyer was in way over his head?  It’s a joke.

I am a lifelong Buckeyes fan and Urban was a great hire for tOSU.  He was a great college coach for a long time, but he did not seem to be evolving with the game.  Specifically I saw two big issues:

1) Haskins.  When he was QB at tOSU Meyer did not change the offense to suit him even though he was as poor a fit as you could find for it.  A great coach has to be better than that. 

2) As the RO/RPO scheme ran into defenses built to combat it he did not evolve.  The difference between his offense and Day’s are substantial.  The Buckeyes got very lucky (were very smart?) with how things worked out.  If Day had become another tOSU assistant coach who became HC of their rival to the North (like Bo Schembechler did) things could have been disastrous for them.  Instead they have a great coach with a modern take on a highly effective offensive scheme. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

This is spot on.  Tebow will be 34 in August.  The guy has not played football for nine years and is changing positions.  Incidentally that’s changing positions to TE, which he has never played.  Then there’s the distraction factor, which Urban is inviting.  For what?  If he’s very lucky it’ll be for a guy who is an old player/buddy of his sitting at the end of the bench for a season or two.  At worst, it’s a joke that’ll be a distraction to his team and hurt him in the locker room.  I mean, how would a Jags player not look at this and think Meyer was in way over his head?  It’s a joke.

We have a 30 year old rugby player trying his odds at RB.  Not sure why people get so in their feelings about Tebow.   

If he can't play, he won't make the 53.  If he can, he should.  

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

We have a 30 year old rugby player trying his odds at RB.  Not sure why people get so in their feelings about Tebow.   

If he can't play, he won't make the 53.  If he can, he should.  

That rugby player has an exemption so he is not taking up a roster spot like Tebow is.  Also nothing feelings related in my post.  Strictly a stupid decision as explained.  Feel free to discuss that. 

23 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

To each their own but being a Bills fan for as long as i have i always route for the under dog no matter the sport . Ever since Teabow was coming out of college alls people have ever done is rag on the dude & i would just love to see him make them all eat crow just 1 time . They would never admit it i call that the Flutie effect .

He has always had his haters but i will be cheering him on if for no other reason than he is just a good dude and takes any challenge presented head on & gives it his all every time which in todays "I'd rather sit on my A** and play video game world" i give him props .

I think he's overrated and overhyped but he's not taking a roster spot for a more deserving player. Teams bring 90 to camp and players are cut and signed during camp. If there is a good player out there some team will bring him in

On 4/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I truly thought it was from the Onion at first 

Good for Tebow. At least he's still competing and trying in some way. It's never too late and that goes for anything & everything, not just football. To say that he's going to hinder the development of Trevor Lawrence I say to those people "grow up!" These are grown *** men. If anything, it takes away the pressure & spotlight off of him.

The guys trying to make an NFL roster as a 31 year old at a new position. It's an uphill battle, the odds are highly stacked against him, but at least he's bulking up & putting in the work. It's not his fault that the media obsesses over his every move. I for one really enjoyed his college and short, but exciting NFL career. There's nothing wrong w/ having faith in your religion or going down on your knee and praying after a touchdown. Christianity is a big part of the lives of many NFL players and I'm not sure why he got so much backlash for it, but that's a whole different thread.

Certain people are toxic and enjoy to see other people fail and hope for their downfall. I look at players like Fred Jackson, Rich Gannon, Lorenzo Alexander, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, etc as HUGE inspirations. Most of these guys were well into their 30s before they not only became starters, but Hall of Famers when it was all said & done.

The bottom line is if Tim Tebow or even freaking Nate Peterman are still trying to achieve their dreams then I say God bless & good luck. I've always been a huge fan of the guy growing up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Good for Tebow. At least he's still competing and trying in some way. It's never too late and that goes for anything & everything, not just football. To say that he's going to hinder the development of Trevor Lawrence I say to those people "grow up!" These are grown *** men. If anything, it takes away the pressure & spotlight off of him.

The guys trying to make an NFL roster as a 31 year old at a new position. It's an uphill battle, the odds are highly stacked against him, but at least he's bulking up & putting in the work. It's not his fault that the media obsesses over his every move. I for one really enjoyed his college and short, but exciting NFL career. There's nothing wrong w/ having faith in your religion or going down on your knee and praying after a touchdown. Christianity is a big part of the lives of many NFL players and I'm not sure why he got so much backlash for it, but that's a whole different thread.

Certain people are toxic and enjoy to see other people fail and hope for their downfall. I look at players like Fred Jackson, Rich Gannon, Lorenzo Alexander, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Doug Flutie, etc as HUGE inspirations. Most of these guys were well into their 30s before they not only became starters, but Hall of Famers when it was all said & done.

The bottom line is if Tim Tebow or even freaking Nate Peterman are still trying to achieve their dreams then I say God bless & good luck. I've always been a huge fan of the guy growing up. 

I can’t write that whole darn avatar name so I’ll just settle on CAK or CK, you’re choice.  He’ll no one calls me machine gun Kelly and I wouldn’t either as I’m now just mgk.  Works for me.

well written bud.  I do think a guy with a 4’8 40 has a mountain to climb, and a new position.  I don’t doubt at all this kid who I’ve watched since a freshmen at UF living here in FL is special.  He even tried futile not his fault his dorm mate Hernandez once or twice in college.

his faith shouldn’t be the issue, but of course it always is as a point.  God forbid we acknowledge a guy who devotes his life to a higher power is a lightning rod.  If he wants to express as others on their own peaceful way fine with me.

I think he has a real long shot here, maybe practice squad and if he is humble enough to accept, god bless him.  If he does more great.  

from a favorite movie among many is wasted talent, so go for it TT. Many of you know that one.  If I have to say it you don’t know the classics for guys in movies.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Just like you to be the Jimmy the Greek over under on this one.  😏🏈

what are the odds, not that I’m onto that. 🤪🏈

I think the under opened at -125 and is around -165 now

The rules are he must play week 1 when the season starts and can only be passing/rushing TDs.

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Under/Over 2.5 TDs "If he makes the 53 man roster"

Bet your lifesavings on the over:wub:

On 4/29/2021 at 2:48 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I truly thought it was from the Onion at first 

Oh silly Ian... Tebow has ALWAYS been a Tight End:wub::flirt:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

I'm not sure why everyone gets bent out of shape about Tebow. He was always a pure football player (not a QB) if he would have swapped to TE right out of college he would have been killer.

At this point? Who knows. I won't count him out as he is very talented and dedicated individual, odds are definitely against him at 33 though. I'm actually pulling for him.