Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

No way. I think there is a slim to none chance he makes the team. But it will have people talking about it and drive more interest in the team. Even if he is cut they'll talk about it throughout the season how they were willing to bring him in and kick the tires.

Yeah I guess so. There is many that do like him and will eat it up. Agree he likely won't make the team.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Interest doesn't just mean positive interest. Seems like you have negative interest. He is polarizing and it has people talking about the team, including you. You chose to click on a thread about Tim Tebow and express your opinion about him. That's one kind of interest that he is already driving.

The original post I quoted was about watching Jags games. I'm less inclined to watch a Jags game if Tebow makes the roster. My negative interest would lead me to watch something else.

Just like I never watch games with Tom Brady when he'snot playing the Bills. I was less inclined to watch the Super Bowl because he was there.

6 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

So, I won't be too quick untarping seats? 🤔

Lol, nope

On 4/29/2021 at 3:21 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

I have a feeling Urban is going to fail in spectacular fashion 

Yeah, he has such a profound track history of falling wherever he goes!  😈. Look what culture has done for Turing 20 years of failure around finally in Buffalo. Urban is big on accountability and culture. His autobiography is a good read, good insight on why his teams win. I am always a Bills guy and nothing is close after40 years following them, but as a prior original season ticket holder for the Jags , originally from Ohio so a huge Buckeye fan, I am at least hoping Urban brings excitement back to this barely existing franchise and his past history suggests promise.

Hell, I may even fight the sun, crazy drunks etc to go back down to support the Bills and catch Josh and the boys as they take on the Jags down here this year. I gave up my Jags tickets the year after the  music city miracle (99,jags 14-2 that year, dropped tics cuz hated how it interfered with watching my Bills and this was time before you could have great real time game info for teams like the Bills unless I wanted to sit in the Club at the stadium to watch on tv ), when if the Bills had won they would have come down to Jax the next week to beat the Jags en route to the SB ( where Tenn got beat a yard shy that year). I was at the AFC championship here when the Titans beat the Jags, and they fell apart after that as an organization, so I am hoping an Ohio guy like Urban brings some success back ( just not against the Bills) to the Jags and Jax and his history as a winner points to a good chance of that. I get he has left places after winning, but if you read his book he does go into life choices and some regrets he has that played a roll in those things. Hey, not many NFL head coaches stick anywhere for long as it’s the nature of the NFL. 

. It’s not college, but it’s football, organization and team building , and I wouldn’t bet against a known winner like Urban making a good impact. Even our own beloved HOF coach lost 4 SB’s and eventually flamed out, so this league chews up everyone in the end, but I bet Jax won’t continue to be drafting in the top 5 every year under Urban.  so I just don’t see Urban flaming out as he never has before. I would also bet he has more success in the league than Saban had. ( Urban already starting with franchise QB, in a division where the other starting Qbs are declining or having issues)) 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Definitely. I'm not interested in watching Tim Tebow. Why is that hard to believe? I'm sure plenty of Jax fans aren't interested, either.

College football is more popular than professional football in Jacksonville.

Add to the fact that there are lots of Florida Gators fans in Jacksonville. The fans will be interested.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Yeah, he has such a profound track history of falling wherever he goes!  😈. Look what culture has done for Turing 20 years of failure around finally in Buffalo. Urban is big on accountability and culture. His autobiography is a good read, good insight on why his teams win. I am always a Bills guy and nothing is close after40 years following them, but as a prior original season ticket holder for the Jags , originally from Ohio so a huge Buckeye fan, I am at least hoping Urban brings excitement back to this barely existing franchise and his past history suggests promise.

Hell, I may even fight the sun, crazy drunks etc to go back down to support the Bills and catch Josh and the boys as they take on the Jags down here this year. I gave up my Jags tickets the year after the  music city miracle (99,jags 14-2 that year, dropped tics cuz hated how it interfered with watching my Bills and this was time before you could have great real time game info for teams like the Bills unless I wanted to sit in the Club at the stadium to watch on tv ), when if the Bills had won they would have come down to Jax the next week to beat the Jags en route to the SB ( where Tenn got beat a yard shy that year). I was at the AFC championship here when the Titans beat the Jags, and they fell apart after that as an organization, so I am hoping an Ohio guy like Urban brings some success back ( just not against the Bills) to the Jags and Jax and his history as a winner points to a good chance of that. I get he has left places after winning, but if you read his book he does go into life choices and some regrets he has that played a roll in those things. Hey, not many NFL head coaches stick anywhere for long as it’s the nature of the NFL. 

. It’s not college, but it’s football, organization and team building , and I wouldn’t bet against a known winner like Urban making a good impact. Even our own beloved HOF coach lost 4 SB’s and eventually flamed out, so this league chews up everyone in the end, but I bet Jax won’t continue to be drafting in the top 5 every year under Urban.  so I just don’t see Urban flaming out as he never has before. I would also bet he has more success in the league than Saban had. ( Urban already starting with franchise QB, in a division where the other starting Qbs are declining or having issues)) 😉

Yep college and pros are the same! 

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

College football is more popular than professional football in Jacksonville.

Add to the fact that there are lots of Florida Gators fans in Jacksonville. The fans will be interested.

Of course, most will be. Some people who don't care about the Jags will tune in for a game just to see what Tebow's doing...

If a similar situation occurred in Buffalo, there would also be plenty of fans with no interest. Some would even despise the player for it.

A likely scenario is he is a culture builder during TC and then gets cut or he makes the team in a Lee Smith type role where he’s more of a “locker room leader” who is mostly inactive on game day. He is next door neighbor to Urban, seems like they are kind of doing each other a favor here. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 4/29/2021 at 3:09 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I heard big old Ted Washington been working out.  Get the Cheetos away and let’s see what happens.

Or they could just hypnotize him into thinking a football is a giant Cheetos and see what happens.

Edited by without a drought
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DrPJax said:

One of the insiders on the Buckeye site I pay way too much money for said things are not going well so far at all for Urban in Jax. Take it for what it’s worth but this guy knows a lot about the situation down there and sees him flaming out. You seem excited so I hope he’s wrong. I personally only care about beating them this season. 

• Like (+1) 1