Urban just can’t quit Tebow! (Update - Cut by Jags)

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He personally, no, but he has spoken on platforms and supported events by certain organisations with some pretty distasteful views. 

I searched and found nothing.

He did cancel a few speaking appointments to avoid controversy.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't speak for Twitter. I speak for myself. 

What did Tebow say that was so "distasteful"?

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

I searched and found nothing.

He did cancel a few speaking appointments to avoid controversy.

What did Tebow say that was so "distasteful"?

Tebow himself, nothing. But anyone who has shared platforms with pastors who practice conversion therapy will get zero respect from me. Ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Tebow himself, nothing. But anyone who has shared platforms with pastors who practice conversion therapy will get zero respect from me. Ever. 

Googling Tebow and conversion therapy gives ZERO results.

Was this one of those things where someone on Twitter heard "Christian" and immediately assigned every awful thing they imagined onto Tebow?

latest?cb=20180629171423

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Was this one of those things where someone on Twitter heard "Christian" and immediately assigned every awful thing they imagined onto Tebow?

latest?cb=20180629171423

Tim Tebow associates with Focus on the Family which is an organization that advocates against LGBTQ rights including promoting conversion therapy. 

17 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

latest?cb=20180629171423

I am not on Twitter. Look into some of the organisations he has worked with and delivered speeches for. Tim Tebow has spoken at Passion Conferences numerous times. That is a movement founded by a pastor by the name of Louie Giglio a renowned homophobe who supports conversion therapy. 

3 minutes ago, Pondslider said:

Tim Tebow associates with Focus on the Family which is an organization that advocates against LGBTQ rights including promoting conversion therapy. 

Yep they are another one. You really do not have too dig far. 

He has an unfortunate habit of associating with groups with similar views.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

I won't lie, I'm pretty disappointed. I've never seen a player get as much undeserved hate as Tebow. I wanted him to make the team, have a semi productive season, and retire w/ dignity. I guess a piece of my childhood died when I heard this news. His Florida years got me into college football permanently. Good luck & God bless you, Tim. 😇

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I won't lie, I'm pretty disappointed. I've never seen a player get as much undeserved hate as Tebow. I wanted him to make the team, have a semi productive season, and retire w/ dignity. I guess a piece of my childhood died when I heard this news. His Florida years got me into college football permanently. Good luck & God bless you, Tim. 😇

I believe getting cut first in training camp is how it was meant to end. And Tebow does too.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I actually have nothing against Tim Tebow the person. However, this was never going to be a success, which is why I didn’t understand the purpose, and I’m good with this Tebow as an NFL player experiment being over. I wanted Tebow to succeed as a QB the first time around, but this TE experiment was never logical. 

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I believe getting cut first in training camp is how it was meant to end. And Tebow does too.

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I actually have nothing against Tim Tebow the person. However, this was never going to be a success, which is why I didn’t understand the purpose, and I’m good with this Tebow as an NFL player experiment being over. I wanted Tebow to succeed as a QB the first time around, but this TE experiment was never logical. 

Fact, the Jags cut Tebow so he could finally find his true calling as our Tight End. :wub:

5 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Really?  You don't?

There are so many religious players in the NFL who do great things for their community. People don't have a problem with Tebow just because he's religious. It's the way he goes about it. Gloating and seeking the spotlight. Gotta give him credit for promoting his brand so well, but that's all it is. And people have gotten hooked on that brand. Hence the awesome jersey sales ^^^.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not on Twitter. Look into some of the organisations he has worked with and delivered speeches for. Tim Tebow has spoken at Passion Conferences numerous times. That is a movement founded by a pastor by the name of Louie Giglio a renowned homophobe who supports conversion therapy. 

Yep they are another one. You really do not have too dig far. 

He has an unfortunate habit of associating with groups with similar views.

Louie Giglio was canceled when a speech he gave in the 90's accused activists of "normalizing" the gay lifestyle. As of 2021, he's was dead-on accurate with that prediction. (FYI, Obama invited him to make a speech before the controversy).

What I can find is that all Christian beliefs point to homosexuality as a sin. So Tebow is guilty of associating with other Christians.

edit. addendum: People don't hate him because he's Christian, they hate him for practicing it out in the open.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Louie Giglio was canceled when a speech he gave in the 90's accused activists of "normalizing" the gay lifestyle. As of 2021, he's was dead-on accurate with that prediction. (FYI, Obama invited him to make a speech before the controversy).

What I can find is that all Christian beliefs point to homosexuality as a sin. So Tebow is guilty of associating with other Christians.

People hate the guy for his religion. It's that simple.

Why shouldn't my lifestyle be "normalized"? Giglio is a homophobe and a pretty nasty one at that. I get it, Christianity teaches I am a sinner, but when people in the 21st century want to espouse homophobic views I am not going to sit and listen to them and just say "oh well that's just their religion." I'm going to call it out. And Tim Tebow, while to the best of my knowledge has never personally expressed homophobic views publicly, has an unfortunate history of associating with folks who do and who support things like conversion therapy. As a non-heterosexual atheist does that offend me? Yes it does. Do I hate Tim Tebow? No. Do I respect him? Also no. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Boxcar said:

What's different about Tebow? Star college QB -> poor NFL starter who had a magical run -> left football to try to make it in baseball and started at the very bottom. Advanced to AA? Ultimately didn't make it. -> tries to return to the NFL as Taysom Hill on the wrong side of 30.

Please tell me where you've seen this before, because I haven't.

He never advanced anywhere in baseball.  He was a hired freak show to generate interest.  It never had anything to do with baseball.  Not to Tebow and not to the Mets organization.  He was Michael Jordan-bad.  Just like this "return to the NFL."  He and daddy Urban both knew he wasn't going anywhere.  But it made headlines and generated interest in the team.  Attention w.hore.

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He and daddy Urban both knew he wasn't going anywhere.  But it made headlines and generated interest in the team.  Attention w.hore.

Yup. Sold some jerseys. Give it 3 years and he'll be trying out for kicker.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

Tebow was his own worst enemy. If he was more low profile, he might still be latched on some team as a cool dual purpose backup QB/package player like Jason Hill/Seneca Wallace. Teams just didn't wanna deal w/ the "Tebow-mania" headache which I understand. He's a victim of his own legend. That Denver run was truly magical, though and no one can take that away from him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, unbillievable said:

edit. addendum: People don't hate him because he's Christian, they hate him for practicing it out in the open.

I'm a bit confused. Was Louie's speech canceled? A person can't be "cancelled" as far as I know, unless he/she is dead

14 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm a bit confused. Was Louie's speech canceled? A person can't be "cancelled" as far as I know, unless he/she is dead

It's a woke term. Part of "Cancel Culture".

It's when activists target a person until everything they do gets canceled; speeches, appearances, tv shows, jobs, etc... It's different than a protest, in that they pressure the employer/venue.

Edited by unbillievable