Kim Jones gets choked up talking about Bills culture on NFL Network

Logic

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I must admit that when I started this thread, I did not think there would be a greater than zero number of people griping about an โ€œoverly emotional womanโ€.

ย 

Live and learn.

Idiots will complain about anything!

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Everyone loves the Bills because weve been terrible, not a threat to anyone, eventually the hate will make its way here.ย  My point is I cant stand this lady!ย  Its just these typical PR fluff pieces or her trying to turn the NFL into anything other than actual footballย ๐Ÿคฎ.ย  I hate politics in football, but understand its a small part of it and is never going away.ย  Shes trying to turn it into 90% off field/10% football, and can kick rocks.ย  Leave our beloved sport alone and quit with the soap opera narrativesย ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ๐Ÿคฎ

ย 

There's no way in hell this is a legitimate post.ย  Oh wait -- you're in Hickory, NC?ย  Never mind.

31 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

ย 

Yep. We do not match up well defensively with what the Chiefs want to do offensively and while people seem to think it is easy to just throw out the fundamentals of your entire scheme for one game it really isn't. They need to tweak the personnel on that side and make some tweaks to their scheme with the Chiefs especially in mind. But when you are the defense the Bills are you can't suddenly become something else just for one week no matter how good an Xs and Os guy you are. The first plan against the Chiefs was hard to watch but it wasn't actually a bad plan. The offense was the problem that day. Indeed in both games against the Chiefs our protection scheme on offense was much of a problem as the defense.ย 

Buffalo716 knows far more about football than me. According to some of his posts the Bills defense is predictable and has been figured out. This past season the defense only had one good performance against a good QB: Justin Herbert. That datum certainly seems to bear out 716โ€™s hypothesis, though I realize there were other factors affecting the defenseโ€™s performance besides just coaching.ย 
ย 

The defensive scheme may need to change, both due to the concerns 716 has raised and the factors you bring up in your post. The road to the Super Bowl goes through Kansas City.ย 

3 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

Buffalo716 knows far more about football than me. According to some of his posts the Bills defense is predictable and has been figured out. This past season the defense only had one good performance against a good QB: Justin Herbert. That datum certainly seems to bear out 716โ€™s hypothesis, though I realize there were other factors affecting the defenseโ€™s performance besides just coaching.ย 
ย 

The defensive scheme may need to change, both due to the concerns 716 has raised and the factors you bring up in your post. The road to the Super Bowl goes through Kansas City.ย 

ย 

So I agree with 716 too, it did become a bit predictable but I also attribute a lot of that predictability to how poor we were on 1st down. It forced us into more vanilla coverages on 2nd and 3rd down. So in part that is about tweaking the scheme and they absolutely should not just stand still and say "this is what we do" and roll out exactly the same, in part it is about adding more difference makers on that side of the ball, and in large part it is about just being more stout at the point of attack on first down. It limits any DC's call sheet when he looks up at 2nd and short as often as the Bills did.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

ย 

Yep. We do not match up well defensively with what the Chiefs want to do offensively and while people seem to think it is easy to just throw out the fundamentals of your entire scheme for one game it really isn't. . . .

ย 

But when you are the defense the Bills are you can't suddenly become something else just for one week no matter how good an Xs and Os guy you are.

This is probably the best argument for us NOT drafting defense this year.ย  Because the feeling is that we need more D to overcome the Chiefs.

ย 

There have been many arguments made for why we should add offense, but I think you really hit the nail here.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

ย 

ย . . . they absolutely should not just stand still and say "this is what we do" and roll out exactly the same, in part it is about adding more difference makers on that side of the ball, and in large part it is about just being more stout at the point of attack on first down.

ย 

It limits any DC's call sheet when he looks up at 2nd and short as often as the Bills did.ย 

But I DO want a big fat Saturn-shaped human in the later rounds.ย  To just sit there and be immovable.

14 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Heart warming story, but, whatโ€™s up with this reporter?ย Her emotions are all over the place. She needs to get control ofย her-self. Not a good impression or influence.ย 

ย 

ย 

You're the second person to complain.

ย 

There's nothing wrong with this at all. Very human and nice.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Kim Jones is a pro. NFL network is lucky to have herย 

I think she has more fun covering the Bills than the Jests. :)

ย 

BTW to the "real man" who doesn't like her getting emotional she has been close to the shiitt show that was WRex.

ย 

The turn around in culture here is remarkable not many teams can right the ship this fast.

ย 

I get emotional too when I think about it ;)

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2021 at 12:07 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

Her job is to elicit feminineย emotions from viewers who are uninterested in football, into becoming fans.ย  She sucks๐Ÿคฎ

This is so dumb, it is hard to tell if you are being serious.ย ย 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I'm not sure I'd swap him for anyone. He seems to be getting better and better as time goes on. He could be here for a very long time. I remember tearing my hair out at all the times he used to punt with 4th and short, at around midfield. Nowย you can see the creativity and analytical savvy percolating in his brain as time goes on.

ย 

ย 

Thats how he had to win back then. The offense was below average and the defense was solid and opportunistic. He was putting his best players on the field to win the game

ย 

Since it resulted in a playoff appearance, I'll take itย 

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Canโ€™t help it, Kim Jones turns me on..๐Ÿฅฐ

Thatโ€™s it! ย Iโ€™m telling youโ€™re wife, girlfriend and boy that keeps jumping on youโ€™re lawn. ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ท๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ‹๏ธโ€โ™€๏ธ

the las imogie ย was for barbarian. ย He loves that powerlifting thing.

ย 

have a good weekend my friend.

ย 

all aside, I think mcb will figure out two nice adds tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2021 at 11:33 AM, Logic said:

It really is amazing. Just four short years ago, the words toxic" and "dumpster fire" were being used to describe the Bills culture. Now? Players signing for less, talking openly about loving each other and loving this team and city, and reporters getting choked up talking about how great it is.

Talk about a turnaround!

Don't forget the snarky "McBean" phrase.

Edited by RaoulDuke79