Kim Jones gets choked up talking about Bills culture on NFL Network

Logic

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills are set up similarly in the front office, but with a franchise QB. I think the Bills have 3-4 GM candidates. 

They do. There is no salary cap on scouting.... and the Pegulas have allowed Beane to build an all-star staff. That definitely helps. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Heart warming story, but, what’s up with this reporter? Her emotions are all over the place. She needs to get control of her-self. Not a good impression or influence. 

It must be so hard for you to bottle up all your emotions like the tough, rugged man you are. You're a true warrior.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Everyone loves the Bills because weve been terrible, not a threat to anyone, eventually the hate will make its way here.  My point is I cant stand this lady!  Its just these typical PR fluff pieces or her trying to turn the NFL into anything other than actual football 🤮.  I hate politics in football, but understand its a small part of it and is never going away.  Shes trying to turn it into 90% off field/10% football, and can kick rocks.  Leave our beloved sport alone and quit with the soap opera narratives 🤮🤮🤮

Women are part of the football world now, that’s not gonna change any time soon, at least there are attractive talking heads now.., sounds like you’re in for a lot of years of suffering..,. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Well let's leave the Hoodie aside for obvious reasons.... I think John Harbaugh is the best coach not name Belichick in the league. 13 seasons, 9 playoff years, 1 losing record, and a Superbowl win and his Quarterbacks have been Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson. Commendable players both, but neither is close to an elite guy. Andy Reid will go to the HoF so probably him two great runs with two different franchises. After that.... possibly Sean Payton although I think he should have more than 1 ring with the talent he has had in New Orleans. That might be my list. 

And funny that both McDermott and Harbaugh are from the Reid tree!

• Agree 1

Just now, Logic said:

I must admit that when I started this thread, I did not think there would be a greater than zero number of people griping about an “overly emotional woman”.

Live and learn.

There are a few too many old school tough-guy losers here.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

For the Ravens? They haven't been around 52 years....

Oops...missed the change of direction when the conversation changed from Pittsburgh to Baltimore. Both well run organizations, the longevity of their coaches being a major reason for their  rivalry over the years. At any rate that response has been deleted.

41 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Everyone loves the Bills because weve been terrible, not a threat to anyone, eventually the hate will make its way here.  My point is I cant stand this lady!  Its just these typical PR fluff pieces or her trying to turn the NFL into anything other than actual football 🤮.  I hate politics in football, but understand its a small part of it and is never going away.  Shes trying to turn it into 90% off field/10% football, and can kick rocks.  Leave our beloved sport alone and quit with the soap opera narratives 🤮🤮🤮

who sh!t in your Cherrios this morning. She understands the importance of culture, and I do think it's a huge part of our success. Of course talent matters a lot, but it's the team culture that allowed us to retain ALL of our FA's minus John Brown, and players taking team friendly deals. She's also dealt with HUGE health problems and appreciates the little things in life moreso than the average reporter. I personally think she does a great job and I love the emotion. If it's anyone who should kick rocks, its you

Edited by BeastMode54
  • Agree 1

The last month we took a road trip across the US starting from New Orleans stopping in Austin, San Antonio, Roswell, some other literal stop middle of nowhere Nm, Campe Verde Az outside Sedona, Zion national park, bryce canyon and then up here for a final stop for a few months in Reno. I've got the headrest Bills covers in my truck and wear Bills gear pretty often.  I ran into Bills fans in every city and even a couple truck stops.  the classic...Go Bills as our hello was used.  the most random was this guy in grants Nm wal mart wearing his hoody. He was from there and fell in love with the 90's Bills as a kid.  It was hilarious.  In Zion we stayed at this rv park that had maybe 20 spots and two spots down I see a Bills license plate so I walk over and they're from Corning NY lol.  I actually haven't run into any here in Reno yet but it will happen.  Love the Bills family and culture

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Heart warming story, but, what’s up with this reporter? Her emotions are all over the place. She needs to get control of her-self. Not a good impression or influence. 

Her job is to elicit feminine emotions from viewers who are uninterested in football, into becoming fans.  She sucks🤮

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

I've said a million times to everyone everywhere pre-McBeane what she said...I believe in leadership and intellect over scheme. The analytics dorks on WGR55 and elsewhere in this town who want numbers to be all the matters when it comes to football and hockey fail miserable to consider that people are not robots, they react to different things differently and that like any walk of life, human psychology impacts performance. Period. We've all worked in jobs with bad bosses and bad leadership that either impacted our performance or performance of others negatively. To assume that because it's a "man's game" and players have to suck it up and do their best is such a neanderthal assumption and leads to a faulty understanding of how an organization impacts play on the field. I said it here over and over.... draft and sign intelligent, hardworking, team-focused talent. For every athletic freak this teams has drafted in round 1 the last 20 years who fell on his face, there were players at their position drafted later who were better PEOPLE with a better outlook on the game and who were clearly more motivated, disciplined, and dedicated to the team-first concept. From Mike Williams to Aaron Maybin to Marcel Dareus to Sammy Watkins this team loved the wrong players because it prioritized quantifiable attributes over qualitative attributes. 

And my entire livelihood is centered on quantitative analysis but it's faulty and limits our understand of complex systems, like a football team. True analysis of organizations means a mixed methods approach that combines the quantitative with the qualitative to create a robust data-driven decision making framework for success.

Analytics can't measure heart.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Well let's leave the Hoodie aside for obvious reasons.... I think John Harbaugh is the best coach not name Belichick in the league. 13 seasons, 9 playoff years, 1 losing record, and a Superbowl win and his Quarterbacks have been Joe Flacco and Lamar Jackson. Commendable players both, but neither is close to an elite guy. Andy Reid will go to the HoF so probably him two great runs with two different franchises. After that.... possibly Sean Payton although I think he should have more than 1 ring with the talent he has had in New Orleans. That might be my list. 

I’d add Frank Reich to your list. As the Eagles offensive coordinator he out-coached Bill Belichick in the Super Bowl. He’s done an equally good job as head coach. 

Edited by Arm of Harm

2 hours ago, Logic said:

"why I think the Bills aren't going anywhere when it comes to contending"?  lol  

She really didn't sell the "I'm about to cry" hard enough though--I was left wanting more.  She needs to work on that.

• Haha (+1) 2