What player can the Bills realistically get that will most directly lead to a SB THIS year?

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agree.

How soon we forget the folly of the "off the bus starters" draft of 2016 on this board.

IMO a future LT who can be good at guard as a rookie would be the most helpful addition but a good CB would be too.    Not sure how deep into the draft we can EXPECT to get a CB who will beat out Levi Wallace and Dan Jackson though.     If said rookie makes mistakes,  it won't matter if he runs like hell,  he won't play ahead of Levi.

This - rare to have that kind of an impact rookie and I don't feel like we are one piece away - we have a few holes that need shoring up. Best I hope for are players that can contribute filling in at depth rolls and producing when they are given the chance. Gabe Davis was a great later-round gem last draft and that can happen with deeper positions.

Only difference regarding the o-line is I would lean more towards the Guard/Center flex player hedging against the future Morse move. I know Mongo filled in at center adequately, but do not think he is the long term solution. Reading your prior posts, I understand your LT depth concerns - they are valid. Draft is deep enough to snag two quality OL one who can flex outside to play T and another later for C if some of those high on their board are still there.

If Beane did pick up two non-flashy offensive linemen TBD will get hit like a DOS attack.😂

Deep in corners too so I am pretty sure they snag one or two but think they may wait rather than reach on this position all depends on whether Beane starts wheeling and dealing picks and position.

19 hours ago, foreboding said:

What player can the Bills realistically get that will most directly lead to a SB THIS year?

We are in the window and came damn close. Did we lose because of defense or an inability to score enough? When in the window you ought not be overly patient. Get it done!

So, who then gets us there, this year? One player on defense will not give us the BUCS level of play, not happening this year.

Isn't it Etienne? I feel like we need something back there and our guys never seem able to run through an arm tackle.

IMO you're framing it wrong. It's too simplistic.

There is no one player who will have much direct immediate effect.

Maybe if we were drafting top twelve or so, but we're not. At 30, you want guys who will give you some impact. If we win the SB, IMO it will be about the development of our younger developing guys, the continuity continuing to have good effects, a lack of bad injuries, a whole bunch of things coming together.