Do you trust this Front Office?

Will you be good with whoever?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. #30

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

So yes or no...you good with whoever?

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

'Yes'. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I have absolutely no control over who this franchise takes, who they hire, or anything else they do. Whether I like the pick or not, I will pull like hell for him to be a success in a Buffalo uniform because I, like the rest of you, want this team to win a Super Bowl(s). I'm on record as saying I don't want Etienne in the 1st Round but I would not be upset about it either if he is the pick because I know what he can potentially bring to the offense. I'm going to enjoy the ride and hope that whoever it is ends up being the right pick immediately or soon down the line. It's nice to be in a position for a change to not have to hit on a position of great need. All of the fan bases who will witness their team take a QB will have to sweat out whether or not he's 'The Franchise' like Josh or 'JAG' like EJ (sorry to open any old wounds).

GO BILLS!!!

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills WR corps in 2018 was atrocious. They signed Brown and Beasley which def improved it, but it was still a unit that needed more.... a lot more than what KC had.... and they still took a WR knowing you need playmaker on top of playmaker in this league.... The need for WR was def still there with the Bills.(Hence the trade for Diggs the next year) They opted for Cody Ford who has been moved to Guard and was outplayed by a late round pick(or UDFA?) in Ike. 

You can't simply say "well every team passed on Metcalf!" It's a ridiculous point. Not every team has similar talent.

Yes, the WR corps was atrocious but you said the 2019 WR core was arguably the worst in the NFL.  Sorry but Bealey and Brown duo while not great, wasn’t the worst.  

I bring up the Metcalf being passed on because people are acting like he was a sure fire star.  He wasn’t.  
Yeah, KC took a WR and they passed on Metcalf as well. 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

If the pick is at a devalued position, I won't be happy. 

In related news, I love my wife but it does not mean I am happy with each and every thing she does.

Edited by Fan in Chicago
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

No. I said the prior season(meaning the season before Metcalf was drafted-2019 draft)they had arguably the worst WR corps in the league. 

Yes and they signed Brown and Beasley making WR less of a need.  They also needed help on the offensive line and that’s why they took Ford who was a highly rated prospect.

Micah Parson possibly falling is very intriging.  If anyone can get the low down off the field its Pegulas.  He paid for the hockey program pretty much no?  Thats your Sam OLB and strongside end on Passing downs imo.  

1 hour ago, BigBuff423 said:

It’s a bit nitpicking for me, but the issue I have with that logic is that essentially you’re saying the trust earned isn’t full faith and trust….just enough that their decisions come within arm’s reach of your own.

IMHO, when a FO earns the trust Beane et. al. have thus far, that means no matter their decision, they have my full confidence until proven otherwise. That said, at this point I think we’re splitting hairs….so, all in all - Go Bills! Let’s enjoy the next few days, and I’d buy you a brew if we were at a watering hole, and wish for the best!

No it is trust but not enough that I can shut down what I see with my own eyes and think with my own brain. I can't do that, maybe others can, but I am an opinionated pain in the neck. I have opinions on almost everything that happens in life as well as in football. I can't pretend I don't think something because someone (even if they are more knowledgeable) thinks something else. Of course often the evidence eventually proves you wrong on something and you go "okay, fair enough" but I can't pretend to like something I don't like. 

My boss is very used to me saying to him "this is ultimately your call and when you finalise the decision I will back it, but I think you are wrong." I would say with my current boss I am right a lot more than he is :D, but that hasn't always been the case in my career.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills WR corps in 2018 was atrocious. They signed Brown and Beasley which def improved it, but it was still a unit that needed more.... a lot more than what KC had.... and they still took a WR knowing you need playmaker on top of playmaker in this league.... The need for WR was def still there with the Bills.(Hence the trade for Diggs the next year) They opted for Cody Ford who has been moved to Guard and was outplayed by a late round pick(or UDFA?) in Ike. 

You can't simply say "well every team passed on Metcalf!" It's a ridiculous point. Not every team has similar talent. 

Ok?

They stuck to their board and clearly overvalued Ford and under valued Metcalf.

Hopefully their board is right tonight and this weekend! 

Won't know if they made the right pick tonight. 

12 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

I wish people would realize that they aren't scouts and don't actually really know anything about any of the players. It always amazes me when fans think they can make better picks than professional GMs.

I don't know why you wouldn't. They completely overhauled the entire franchise and changed the culture. They unloaded bad contracts and stockpiled draft picks. They found three starters in their first draft and just re-signed all of them. They get their QB and LB in 2018. They sign Beasley, Morse, Feliciano, turning weak position groups into strengths. Trade for Diggs who goes and has an all-pro season. They've plugged free agents into the right spots, they've kept their word on draft, develop, re-sign. They have plenty of analysts pointing to them as the perfect example of how you orchestrate a full on rebuild. After the crapshows that were the 2000-2016 seasons it's a more than welcome change to have Team McBeane driving this ship. 

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This front office made Patrick DiMarco they highest paid FB in the league.  This coaching staff then had him run go routes in the playoff loss to Houston.  

Yeah its head scratching how this coaching staff has ever made the playoffs.  I just looked it up....DiMarco in the playoffs was the 1st FB in NFL history to run a route in a game.  Amazing.

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have my opinion, but I’m willing to have it changed. 

7 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Does the order change after tonight?

Nah. I like the Rousseau pick. High upside, position of need and high character. Didn’t think Etienne would fall that far and JOK was my preference, but I stay the course.