Do you trust this Front Office?

Will you be good with whoever?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. #30

Drafted a top 3 QB in the league, went from the laughing stock of the NFL to playoffs 3 out of 4 years, AFC East Champs and AFC title game year 4, resigning our own, and I’m ask do I trust this front office?

They could take a fkn kicker round 1 and I would trust them.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

If you're referring to the disagreement between Royale and me -- I'm not demanding perfection. For some reason, he feels comfortable arguing with me over what MY opinion is. It's not about perfection. It's about being able to see what was coming and being disappointed that my favorite team also did not see that.

Think about it this way, you're dying for a burger when you and your friend go out for lunch. Instead, your friend insists on ordering you the fish (which you thought looked awful) AND the soup (which you were very unsure of), instead. And when it comes, you hate it and are bummed you didn't get the burger. That's how I feel. I wanted to get the burger. We needed a burger DESPERATELY. That burger fit exactly what I was wanting. But I didn't get to make the call. -- regardless of how Royale w/ Chz and anyone else feels about the menu -- get to be p*ssed that we passed on the burger. It makes it worse when what I got was ALSO things that I specifically felt negatively about. 

"As bad as it can get" is obviously hyperbole. Why he felt the need to drag this thread into a pointless argument is, frankly, a little embarrassing, but I digress.

Do I trust the FO, implicitly. Do I reserve the right to be disappointed in their decisions, based on my opinions of players? 100% (especially if their names rhyme with "Croissante Pamuel Brunior")

Nope, not specifically you. Many shared the sentiment that ‘they’re not perfect’. 

They can be kind and loyal to a fault, but I think they are transparent with their players and wisely keep disagreements or any dirty laundry in house. Rare these days with leaky front offices rife with disagreements played out unprofessionally on social media.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I didn't share the general love in over DK - and I still say he went to the absolute perfect place for his skillset - the Seahwaks run some of the simplest route concepts in the entire league. However, had he met me with his shirt off I'd have drafted him on the spot. 

Haha, well they say interviews are important - maybe we know now why some decisions are made seemingly in the absence of sensibility.

With his neck injury and lack of tape I can see why he didn't get taken as quickly as maybe he should have, but I have to assume that he did not impress (or maybe put off) a lot of gm's in the interview portion. I don't have any other way to comprehend why he would have fallen that far.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

3 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Order of trust: 

1) @GunnerBill

2) McBeane

3) Benjamin Allbright

I was not aware we were drafting soccer players 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes I trust them. That doesn't mean they are perfect and never make mistakes.

Nobody is perfect, not even Gunner, but I think front office will make the best pick they have with information available but unfortunately last year and this year the information quality will be unavoidably poorer.   Part of what I think Beane is good at is in in-person interviews and I completely disagree with NFL about reduction of interviews for players are committing millions of dollars on.  My company is hiring high level executives in these times with each and every one getting multiple interviews and not as much money is guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Made the AFC Championship game last year. Found our franchise QB. Hit on a number of other important picks, FA pickups, and trades. Has shown they know when to let someone walk - Lawson, etc. Yeah, it would be silly to bet against them.

• Like (+1) 1

Heck...we're picking at 30.  There may not be any first round grade players available where we pick.  However, I trust Beane and the front office know more about football players than any of us on this board.   They have basically had 4 years to build this team to the point where they were one win from getting into the Super Bowl.  Look where this team was when they took over.  How many solid players did they inherit?  Not many.  Can our defense be better?   Absolutely!  Do I wish we had more stud players on defense...ala Tampa Bay for example?  Sure.  Who wouldn't?    They had no real foundation on which to build.  They have had to build that foundation.   Tampa Bay lacked one piece.  A QB.  They got him and they won the SB.  KC...pretty much the same.  They lacked one piece...a QB...and they got him and made two SB's.  The Bills needed so much more and have gradually gotten there.  They got their QB and are building the team around him.  So...Yes...I do trust the front office.  Whoever they draft, I trust that they are making the best decision based on the information they have and the team as a whole. 

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

So yes or no...you good with whoever?

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

brnerally I’m not going to have an issue in who they draft.

theydhoukd not use 1 for a RB unlesss they trade one of the RB for a 3/4 rd pick

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills had arguably the worst WR group in the league the prior season. The Chiefs did not.😅

The Chiefs drafted Mecole Hardman a few picks before Metcalf was taken. 

Bills stuck to their board. Also had OL needs. They'll stick to their board tonight also. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

5 hours ago, mannc said:

I trust them, but they are not beyond criticism.  They have made some highly questionable picks in the first two days of the draft, but those have been overshadowed by the home run they hit with the 7th overall pick a couple years ago.  Until this team wins a Super Bowl or two, there will be plenty of room for criticism...

This is the correct answer. You win TBD for the day.

• Like (+1) 1

There are not many things or people or things in this world that I would trust 100%, let alone something that concerns football.  

I am an Alabama Crimson Tide Fan. Nick Saban invented the term, and the method of the "process," not Sean McDermott and; I can't say that I even trust Saban (and his 7 National Championships) 100%.  Look, they (or at least McDermott) traded the pick that landed Mahomes and drafted a corner. They could have drafted Watson too but in light of his problems I will give them a pass on him. That said, if we didn't get Josh the following year we would probably still suck. Do you think that they were planning on getting Josh a year later? I do not.

I do like the McBeane combo. I prefer Beane to McDermott, but that was not the question. Do I trust them 100%? Of course not. I have seen the Bills make too many mistakes to give them my blind trust. I would probably be a happier person (or at least I might be) if I had the ability to open my eyes every morning and trust everything and everybody. No can do.

The good news is that this site is better than it has been in years and it was never bad. I always thank SDS and the mods, but now I want to make it a point to thank the posters. Y'all made this a great lead up to draft and a great off season. 

Thank you, end of rant.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Just a reminder to everyone....the Jets at once drafted a FULL BACK in the first round.  

So did the Bills, and he didn't even play as a rookie because he got Guillian-Barre Syndrome.  

The Bills were sure about BOOKER MOORE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Like lots of people have said, can't give 100% trust, everyone can make mistakes.  I like what the FO has done for the most part.

The trust level is fluid.  If the FO trades up for an RB, I'll be disappointed and their overall trust level from me will take a huge hit.  On the other hand, if they trade down 7 spots and pick up Ertz in the process - It'll raise their ranking immensely IMO.

100%. They have proven they can make a SB contending team and keep it together.  Half the idiots on here and social that doubt them and will whine if they don’t trade up for a ***** running back are the same luddites who were so damn sure they got the wrong josh.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

So yes or no...you good with whoever?

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

No! They Suck!! Fire them all!

Thanks for cluttering up our Draft Day Board..

yeesh..🤦‍♂️

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So to give you a hard example... if the Bills draft Jayson Oweh at #30 tonight I will be skeptical about the pick and I might even suggest it is the wrong pick and not the one I'd have made. But I would see the thinking and trust the direction. They have earned the benefit of the doubt to take some fliers on guys. If they picked, for argument sake Ifeatu Melifonwu at #30 tonight I'd be on the first plane to Buffalo with my pitchfork. 

It’s a bit nitpicking for me, but the issue I have with that logic is that essentially you’re saying the trust earned isn’t full faith and trust….just enough that their decisions come within arm’s reach of your own.

IMHO, when a FO earns the trust Beane et. al. have thus far, that means no matter their decision, they have my full confidence until proven otherwise. That said, at this point I think we’re splitting hairs….so, all in all - Go Bills! Let’s enjoy the next few days, and I’d buy you a brew if we were at a watering hole, and wish for the best!

It sure feels weird to be at pick 30.

Usually, having been middle of the draft for so long, there were always a handful of guys you were really hoping for-- watching guys fall, and other guys getting taken that you were really hoping for. It was stressful. But now, all the way down at pick 30, the board will be so broad, it's hard to know where Beane will even value a relatively broad range of players. 

And, there is one thing that we as fans really can't know, that is clearly a huge priority for Beane, and McD: How well prospects interview. Culture is of paramount importance to these guys. Does a prospect have integrity, and good character? Do they have the competitive drive they require? Do they have that rare balance between ultra-high self-confidence and humility? How well can they be coached?

The culture Beane, and McDermott have built is one of the most fun things I have experienced in 30 years as a Bills fan. And it's the reason I certainly do trust these guys to draft their guy, boom or bust.

• Agree 1