Do you trust this Front Office?

Will you be good with whoever?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. #30

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

3 playoff appearances in 4 years. A division title and a trip to the AFCG. They should have earned every Bills fans trust. That doesn't mean they are perfect and they will make mistakes just like everybody does. But they have done a great job so far.

They hit on the right spots and have found bargains in free agency. Draft picks have been ok, especially the last 2 drafts. Need some hits. 

Trust is there. They earned trust. They built a great program. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

I'm as skeptical as they come and even I trust Beane.

It's obvious he has a plan to manage the future roster and cap, while some GMs appear to be content to wing it 

Edited by itaos

2 minutes ago, itaos said:

I'm as skeptical as they come and even I trust Beane.

It's obvious he has a plan to manage the future roster and cap, while some GMs appear to be content to wing it 

Everyone has a plan. I said Beane's toughest job is now. Sustainability. Howie Roseman was the it GM a couple years back. Sustainability is the the hardest part, as a player, coach, or management. 

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

So yes or no...you good with whoever?

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

Alas, Beane will NOT return my phone calls, so I will live with the picks they make. :)

As long as the pick is not a RB, I'll prob be ok with the pick as we are pretty loaded.

I was estatic w/ the Josh Allen and Edmunds picks, not very happy w/ the Ed Oliver pick, and thought we paid a little too much for Diggs (compared to the Hopkins trade) but wanted to get Diggs.  So I've been happy with most all our first round picks (or trade for that player).

Yes, I trust this front office.  With the draft and the bargain bin pickups that Beane have worked out.... this dude is on top of it.

27 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Huh? I’m a bills fan, not an “every team” fan. We had a need, and a truly generational player was there to fill that need. Of course I can hold it against the team I root for for for not taking him. That’s silly. 

You don't need to be a fan of every team to understand hits and misses in drafts.  

Not drafting Metcalf over Oliver/Ford isn't "as bad as it can get".  You could literally hold it against the Bills every single year if we use your philosophy.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You don't need to be a fan of every team to understand hits and misses in drafts.  

Not drafting Metcalf over Oliver/Ford isn't "as bad as it can get".  You could literally hold it against the Bills every single year if we use your philosophy.

That's not what this thread is about. We're Bills fans, we're talking about the BILLS' pick. This isn't a 2019 NFL draft hindsight retrospective.

I had Metcalf as a high first round talent, thought Oliver would underperform as a top 10 pick and thought Ford was a tweener. So far I'm 3-3 on those. FOR ME, as a Bills fan, draft fan and armchair talent evaluator -- passing on the guy we needed TWICE for two guys I wasn't excited about, in the context of the question posed in the OP -- IS as bas as it can get.

Edited by glazeduck
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

That's not what this thread is about. We're Bills fans, we're talking about the BILLS' pick. This isn't a 2019 NFL draft hindsight retrospective.

I had Metcalf as a high first round talent, thought Oliver would underperform as a top 10 pick and thought Ford was a tweener. So far I'm 3-3 on those. FOR ME, as a Bills fan, draft fan and armchair talent evaluator -- passing on the guy we needed TWICE for two guys I wasn't excited about, in the context of the question posed in the OP -- IS as bas as it can get.

That’s as bad as it can get?  Nothing could be worse?  Oliver leads our DT in snaps and Ford is still a question mark.  Bad as it can get is if Oliver was out of the league in less than one year like Isiah Wilson.  I think that’s when it can be as bad as it can get because you literally got nothing out of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

I’m a little confused with all of the discussion around ‘perfection’. Trust was the question and I firmly trust this group. 

There is not one single FO that is perfect so using that as a bar is silly as far as I’m concerned. 

They have taken a team that hadn’t been to the playoffs in 17 years and were in the AFC championship last year. How does anyone NOT trust them?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

I’m a little confused with all of the discussion around ‘perfection’. Trust was the question and I firmly trust this group. 

There is not one single FO that is perfect so using that as a bar is silly as far as I’m concerned. 

They have taken a team that hadn’t been to the playoffs in 17 years and were in the AFC championship last year. How does anyone NOT trust them?

If you're referring to the disagreement between Royale and me -- I'm not demanding perfection. For some reason, he feels comfortable arguing with me over what MY opinion is. It's not about perfection. It's about being able to see what was coming and being disappointed that my favorite team also did not see that.

Think about it this way, you're dying for a burger when you and your friend go out for lunch. Instead, your friend insists on ordering you the fish (which you thought looked awful) AND the soup (which you were very unsure of), instead. And when it comes, you hate it and are bummed you didn't get the burger. That's how I feel. I wanted to get the burger. We needed a burger DESPERATELY. That burger fit exactly what I was wanting. But I didn't get to make the call. -- regardless of how Royale w/ Chz and anyone else feels about the menu -- get to be p*ssed that we passed on the burger. It makes it worse when what I got was ALSO things that I specifically felt negatively about. 

"As bad as it can get" is obviously hyperbole. Why he felt the need to drag this thread into a pointless argument is, frankly, a little embarrassing, but I digress.

Do I trust the FO, implicitly. Do I reserve the right to be disappointed in their decisions, based on my opinions of players? 100% (especially if their names rhyme with "Croissante Pamuel Brunior")

Edited by glazeduck

Yes,

those that don’t trust the FO can go back 23 plus years and live through all those wasted years again, 

3 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Do you think when Metcalf met with Beane prior to the draft that he had his shirt on or off?

I didn't share the general love in over DK - and I still say he went to the absolute perfect place for his skillset - the Seahwaks run some of the simplest route concepts in the entire league. However, had he met me with his shirt off I'd have drafted him on the spot. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the thing is people can trust them overall and their direction but still think they make a wrong decision in a specific instance. 

I see your point when it comes to some other decisions, but at the same time when it comes to a 1st Round pick, it would seem counterintuitive to trust the direction but not trust the pick. However, that is a finer point and not one that determines the value of this discussion so I can see the merit in your statement.

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I see your point when it comes to some other decisions, but at the same time when it comes to a 1st Round pick, it would seem counterintuitive to trust the direction but not trust the pick. However, that is a finer point and not one that determines the value of this discussion so I can see the merit in your statement.

So to give you a hard example... if the Bills draft Jayson Oweh at #30 tonight I will be skeptical about the pick and I might even suggest it is the wrong pick and not the one I'd have made. But I would see the thinking and trust the direction. They have earned the benefit of the doubt to take some fliers on guys. If they picked, for argument sake Ifeatu Melifonwu at #30 tonight I'd be on the first plane to Buffalo with my pitchfork.