Do you trust this Front Office?

Will you be good with whoever?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. #30

Do I trust them? Yes. Have they been a big reason why we’re competitive now? Yes.  

if they make a pick that I disagree with will I learn to like it? Probably not. I trust my evaluation ability. The Oliver/Ford over Metcalf debacle is looking about as bad as it gets and in haven’t “learned to like it”. My hope is that I’ll at least be able to see the line of thinking that led them to whatever decisions they make. 

• Like (+1) 1

100%.  They have earned our trust as fans, repeatedly.

Perhaps not the appropriate thread to say this, but a pet peeve of mine is when they make a pick, and the board erupts with comments of "they should have picked this guy!" or "I had the guy they picked a full round down!"  I always wonder what they're basing it on. I'm sure there are a few who genuinely study the college game, but even those put nowhere near the level of time in that scouts do. And then most others are just going by mocks they've seen online.

9 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Do I trust them? Yes. Have they been a big reason why we’re competitive now? Yes.  

if they make a pick that I disagree with will I learn to like it? Probably not. I trust my evaluation ability. The Oliver/Ford over Metcalf debacle is looking about as bad as it gets and in haven’t “learned to like it”. My hope is that I’ll at least be able to see the line of thinking that led them to whatever decisions they make. 

This happens to every team.  Metcalf dropped and was passed on 32 times so you can't just hold it against the Bills.  The Cards took Andy Isabella and the Pats took N'Keal Harry over Metcalf and they were desperate for WR help....that stings even more.

• Like (+1) 1

At this day and time, the answer is yes.  

They have not been perfect, and there have been plenty of misses.  No reason to sugarcoat it.

But until they arrived, this team had gone 17 years without making the playoffs.  They have now made it 3/4 seasons, including our first AFC East Title since 1995 and first AFC Championship appearance since 1993.  They also landed our first true franchise QB since Jim Kelly.

With that said, the job does not get easier for Brandon Beane.  The margin for error is quickly disappearing.  Our draft selections are getting later and later.  The cap space has dwindled away into nothing.  Once Josh Allen signs his extension, difficult decisions will need to be made on other roster spots.  It all depends on guys like AJ Epenesa, Zack Moss, Ed Oliver, Cody Ford, Dawson Knox, etc. developing into the players we drafted them to be.  

Time will tell whether Buffalo will continue to keep the train rolling like the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, etc. 

Or will they fall back to the rest of the pack like the Falcons, Eagles, 49ers, and other teams who looked championship caliber... but couldn't sustain the success.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

This happens to every team.  Metcalf dropped and was passed on 32 times so you can't just hold it against the Bills.  The Cards took Andy Isabella and the Pats took N'Keal Harry over Metcalf and they were desperate for WR help....that stings even more.

Huh? I’m a bills fan, not an “every team” fan. We had a need, and a truly generational player was there to fill that need. Of course I can hold it against the team I root for for for not taking him. That’s silly. 

I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I have a hard time giving credence to anyone who doesn't trust this FO at this point. No GM or FO is perfect, but from White to Allen to Davis and Bass last year, Beane and his personnel continue to find talent in various ways and locations. Beane has located and recruited FAs at different levels of pay and performance that have contributed meaningfully and it shows on the field. 

3 playoff appearances in 4 years. A division title and a trip to the AFCG. They should have earned every Bills fans trust. That doesn't mean they are perfect and they will make mistakes just like everybody does. But they have done a great job so far.

2 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Huh? I’m a bills fan, not an “every team” fan. We had a need, and a truly generational player was there to fill that need. Of course I can hold it against the team I root for for for not taking him. That’s silly. 

Just think, the Chiefs could've had Hill, Kelce, and Metcalf. My goodness. 

You stick to your board. Metcalf might have been 2nd or 3rd best available on their board but Ford was 1st when their pick came. We'd have a bigger argument if they chose a WR. 

1 minute ago, BigBuff423 said:

I realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I have a hard time giving credence to anyone who doesn't trust this FO at this point. No GM or FO is perfect, but from White to Allen to Davis and Bass last year, Beane and his personnel continue to find talent in various ways and locations. Beane has located and recruited FAs at different levels of pay and performance that have contributed meaningfully and it shows on the field. 

I think the thing is people can trust them overall and their direction but still think they make a wrong decision in a specific instance. 

• Like (+1) 1

Has Beane been perfect on every draft, no. But if you gave me BB or all the post- Polian gms combined , I'm taking Brandon every time. Landing Josh does give him a lifetime pass. And frankly 60-70% of his picks have stuck and been serviceable players. 30 is a tough spot to pick but I'm sure he has a plan for a CB, DE or RB. All areas we need upgrading. 

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

Do you think when Metcalf met with Beane prior to the draft that he had his shirt on or off?

• Haha (+1) 1