Do you trust this Front Office?

Will you be good with whoever?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. #30

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

So yes or no...you good with whoever?

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

I trust them, but they are not beyond criticism.  They have made some highly questionable picks in the first two days of the draft, but those have been overshadowed by the home run they hit with the 7th overall pick a couple years ago.  Until this team wins a Super Bowl or two, there will be plenty of room for criticism...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Regardless of who they pick, even if it's the guy you don't want at all....would you learn to like it?  Sometimes it takes some time to come around on a player, sometimes it doesn't.

It took me a long time to feel good about Allen, I was one of those "we took the wrong Josh" guys.  But, that changed after year 1.  I wasn't sold on Allen but had some hope....then the explosion last year.

So yes or no...you good with whoever?

I would be.  I don't want a RB but if we take one at 30, I'll come around to it eventually.

I was in the  same boat on Josh until he leaped over Barr!  After that I was hooked.

10 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I am in the CB/Edge camp but if WR/RB is the BPA, I trust Beane to make the best decision.

No one hits 100% so the misses will happen.

Look at Belichick...when was the last time he hit on a 1st round pick?  2013??

The only way I could live with an ETN trade up scenario is if we really nailed that 2nd pick. 

I do expect to move up. I’m starting to wonder how far Pitts could slide and if he fell to 5 or 8, could we get that deal done with Carolina or Cincy.

Edited by The Governor

Beane’s saving grace is that he nailed the Josh Allen pick, outside of that his drafts have been mediocre, but because he found our franchise QB, that alone makes him a good GM. 

Outside of Gabe Davis, what has he really done? Many of his other picks were mediocre. Not only that, outside of Josh Allen, Wyatt Teller was his second best pick and he was traded away for nothing. Jury is out on Epenesa and Oliver, but it looks like Ford was a miss as well.

Some of his other picks are decent but not great, Edmunds is probably the most divisive player on the team. Moss, Singletary, Knox, Harry and Taron Johnson are all solid players but not homeruns by any stretch of the imagination.

I would not question Beane’s job security however, but honestly, once again, outside of Allen his drafts have been mediocre. I do trust him 100% though in the sense that I am aware of the fact that he knows far more about football than I’ll ever know, but many of his picks have been underwhelming objectively speaking.

• Like (+1) 1