kick/punt returner 5th wr

dbfla10

anthony swartz from auburn, smaller sized wr with olympic speed. Would come into the NFL as one of the top 3 fastest guys in the league. Could really help open the field up. Very raw player with big upside as a late round pick

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

anthony swartz from auburn, smaller sized wr with olympic speed. Would come into the NFL as one of the top 3 fastest guys in the league. Could really help open the field up. Very raw player with big upside as a late round pick

Gonna have to take a job from Mckenzie whos well liked and has battled every year for a spot.  Def a challenge for a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Beat me to it...absolutely love this player and doesn't get nearly enough hype which hopefully means he falls to us in the 5th/6th. ELITE special teams ability both as a returner and blocking punts. Plus I like his potential as a nickel CB which is a likely need for us long-term. 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not that high on Schwartz. He is super fast and I could get on board with the pick, but he doesn't play smooth and I don't think he's very elusive or proficient as a route runner. More of a track athlete than a football player. 

I think I prefer Ihmir Smith-Marsette or Jaelon Darden instead. More polished and versatile players who have similar RAS grades and will probably be drafted in the same range. 

11 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Beat me to it...absolutely love this player and doesn't get nearly enough hype which hopefully means he falls to us in the 5th/6th. ELITE special teams ability both as a returner and blocking punts. Plus I like his potential as a nickel CB which is a likely need for us long-term. 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not that high on Schwartz. He is super fast and I could get on board with the pick, but he doesn't play smooth and I don't think he's very elusive or proficient as a route runner. More of a track athlete than a football player. 

I think I prefer Ihmir Smith-Marsette or Jaelon Darden instead. More polished and versatile players who have similar RAS grades and will probably be drafted in the same range. 

Williams met with the Bills, so hopefully he’s on their radar. I’ve been told by some here that it’s silly for the Bills to draft Williams because he’s a UDFA-type player.  That’s wrong, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Williams met with the Bills, so hopefully he’s on their radar. I’ve been told by some here that it’s silly for the Bills to draft Williams because he’s a UDFA-type player.  That’s wrong, of course.

How is this wrong? This is exactly what Williams is. 6th-UDFA

7 minutes ago, mannc said:

Completely agree, the UDFA talk is crazy to me. I get that he's a small guy, but Williams is an elite competitor who had 9 career return TDs and plays with a relentless motor. Above average athletically with an RAS of 7.77. Think he'd be a great fit on any roster with his ability and intangibles, could almost be a Steve Tasker-like glue guy.

Draft Network had him at #163 in their rankings last time I checked so middle/late 5th round seems about right to me. Keep banging the drum for Williams man, I'm with you!

5 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

How is this wrong? This is exactly what Williams is. 6th-UDFA

Guess we’ll find out this weekend, won’t we?  I say he goes in the 5th.

2 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Completely agree, the UDFA talk is crazy to me. I get that he's a small guy, but Williams is an elite competitor who had 9 career return TDs and plays with a relentless motor. Above average athletically with an RAS of 7.77. Think he'd be a great fit on any roster with his ability and intangibles, could almost be a Steve Tasker-like glue guy.

Draft Network had him at #163 in their rankings last time I checked so middle/late 5th round seems about right to me. Keep banging the drum for Williams man, I'm with you!

There’s no question that Williams would be a core special teams guy right out of the gate (he’s blocked a bunch of punts, as well as returned like six for TDs) so I’m not sure how that’s not a great return on a 5th round pick, even if he never sees the field as a CB...although he’s a very good corner as well.

• Like (+1) 1